Officials: Hoover spending nearly $100,000 to play powerhouse Allen in Texas

No, it doesn't. The word "football" doesn't appear one time in that arathletiu posted.

You're right it's just silly me reading about the lack of spending on education and the over spending on HIGH SCHOOL athletics and trying to draw a correlation. Silly me what was I thinking.

Uh, Colquitt County is nowhere near the city so it doesn't really make his statement invalid lol. Colquitt also just lost to a Gwinnett County team last week.
Off topic, but is Lagrange still a power house? I haven't kept up with GA sports in the last ten years. I remember when Lagrange use to beat half of the state to sleep. Lol I wonder how they are now?

You're right it's just silly me reading about the lack of spending on education and the over spending on HIGH SCHOOL athletics and trying to draw a correlation. Silly me what was I thinking.
No worries. We all have our faults.

Hoover is ranked 3rd in Alabama's highest high school classification.

Hoover isn't what it use to be..... they aren't even the best high school football team in the city of Hoover any longer. The school was split in half and another school was added. Hoover excelled because they were the only high school in a 70k city. Spain Park High was opened and split there talent. Spain Park put Hoover out of the playoffs last year. I expect Hoover to lose and they may lose big.

Claude Ham Mercy-I guess they can't win it every year..lol

Hoover State Championships:

Football (1977, 1982, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_High_School_(Alabama)

The total project cost for the entire district bond in McKinney was $220M. Pretty much $170M for the academic side and $50-60M for the stadium.

Katy ISD is also building a $60+M stadium. Their overall bond is for $750M for the district.

again, private schools can do what they want to take kids....they should have 35 alumni if they hand pick the 35 best kids in the area to play for them

But you don't understand how these Public School Powerhouses, stay Powerhouses I see. I live out here in Katy and my oldest son grew up playing football in KYF (Katy Youth Football) and matriculated on through High School Football here.

Katy High School is located in Old Katy and it the oldest HS in the City. Now the two "Rolls Royce" High Schools in Katy are Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes. These two schools are heads and shoulders much nicer than Katy HS and are both located Katy's High Income Subdivisions of Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes/Avalon.

The trick played in Katy is that "white folks" and now even the affluent blacks will lease a cheap apartment or old house in Old Katy area just to be zoned to Katy High School and their Football Factory. The will by pass Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes luxurious campuses for a school built in the 1930's! Although, their primary residence is zoned to other Katy High Schools or even a west Houston HISD school such as Westside. Hell I know folks whose kids should have been in a Fort Bend ISD but they will go down Grand Parkway and get a Katy Lease!

So yes, some Catholic and Private Schools recruit and Public Schools will use zoning work around scams to stay on top........ Go Figure!

Last edited:
The total project cost for the entire district bond in McKinney was $220M. Pretty much $170M for the academic side and $50-60M for the stadium.

Katy ISD is also building a $60+M stadium. Their overall bond is for $750M for the district.

Understood and that's great and unique to Kathy but the article talks about the entire state school districts and the effects it has on all it's students.

Very good game, You could tell it was Allens first game, a lot of penalties left Hoover hanging around but eventually Allen Wore the Bucs down. Must admit tho, that team has a lot of grit and should give any team they play Hell. Allen will be okay, not like when Murray was there but they have good athletes that can bust it wide open..it was a great atmosphere..
Now I'm ready for Cedar Hill vs Bishop Gorman

Katy falls to West Lake...........Big Boys Football........

6A is loaded this year,but I have WestLake as my Darkhorse to win it all this year barring nothing happens to there QB but I won't be surprised if they don't.

Last edited:
Man, you have more DNA spread around this country...Your mom and grandma have 15 kids each?
lol paternal grandpa was 1 of 21. Mother is one of 13. At my mother's level cousins, there were 216 of which there are 142 still living. I am one of 57 cousins at my level. Paternal side? Inexplicable lol. Waaaaay too many. Maternal reunion is next w/e. A ton of folx.

lol paternal grandpa was 1 of 21. Mother is one of 13. At my mother's level cousins, there were 216 of which there are 142 still living. I am one of 57 cousins at my level. Paternal side? Inexplicable lol. Waaaaay too many. Maternal reunion is next w/e. A ton of folx.

Damn...I see!

Dude shut up Hoover kicked #1 Colquitt County raw ass one year...lol (glad they were able to redeem themselves)
6A is loaded this year,but I have WestLake as my Darkhorse to win it all this year barring nothing happens to there QB but I won't be surprised if they don't.

I don't think they are a dark horse. Lol.. They played in the State Championship last year.

I would give up the skinny on young kinfolk @ Judson but I do believe that he's headed to one of those pac-12 or big xii schools as they all have been writing/contacting him since his soph yr on varsity. His dad is decently persuable but... The lights and glamour of d-1 fbs may overtake them I believe, since his father excelled at rice univ.

Text from his dad last night complete w/ awesome pics of young big kinfolk doing his thing.

Your young kinfolk last night aginst #2 ranked Lake Travis...they won 35-28 in Austin.

Judson is back & special shoutout to my other little big speedy cousin for toting the rock on 36 carries for 308 yds, 4 catches for 57 yds, & scoring 4 TDs - class 6A Tx HS fball, which got the attention of a certain espn dude the other night.

Last edited:
Back