Bayou Classic BOTB 2015

tony11

Pt 1- Pt 2 Pt 3 Pt 4
The crowd got a good battle tonight. Now I do see if you do a good job you get props its all about consistency good job to both bands tonight song selections were great. :thumbsup:

Please tell me what SU selections were "great" besides American The Beautiful?

Haymer is so corny it's funny! I got to give it to SU's crowd. SU can overblow "Mary had a little lamb" as loud as thier puffed jaws let them do it, but thei Jaguar faithful and a few non-musically inclined high schoolers are going to scream for joy. Lol. It's amazing to see. Haymer needs to grow up as well.

Haymer is so corny it's funny! I got to give it to SU's crowd. SU can overblow "Mary had a little lamb" as loud as thier puffed jaws let them do it, but thei Jaguar faithful and a few non-musically inclined high schoolers are going to scream for joy. Lol. It's amazing to see. Haymer needs to grow up as well.

Excellent synopsis!

Hello
Ordinary People
90s mix
Hotline Bling

Everything that was played sounded great. We didn't just stick to playing all the current hit, we mixed it up.

Hello
Ordinary People
90s mix
Hotline Bling

Everything that was played sounded great. We didn't just stick to playing all the current hit, we mixed it up.

Please! SU was boring and whack! Haymer is the worst stand up comedian of all time. Ordinary People was completely rushed (Typical Southern) with the SU faithful struggling to sing along due to a poor tempo. And again.....Ordinary People? The only thing good about that corny 90's mix is that Haymer will think twice about asking all of the 90's baby to stand. LOL.

Last edited:
Please! SU was boring and whack! Haymer is the worst stand up comedian of all time. Ordinary People was completely rushed (Typical Southern) with the SU faithful struggling to sing along due to a poor tempo. And again.....Ordinary People? The only thing good about that corny 90's mix is that Haymer will think twice about asking all of the 90's baby to stand. Lol.

Wow! JaySBlue, here's your chance to begin bashing Haymer, show us what you got! Take notes from Basebone1898! lol

I go hard for SU, but the halftime shows at the BC have been disappointing, I mean u doing the same drill from the UGA GAME,, SU IS A MARCHING BAND, not a STAND BAND,,, BUT MAYBE THAT IS ME....

I go hard for SU, but the halftime shows at the BC have been disappointing, I mean u doing the same drill from the UGA GAME,, SU IS A MARCHING BAND, not a STAND BAND,,, BUT MAYBE THAT IS ME....

The Bayou Classic Show is typically a combination show of what was done during the season. It's been that was since Dr. Greggs.

Please! SU was boring and whack! Haymer is the worst stand up comedian of all time. Ordinary People was completely rushed (Typical Southern) with the SU faithful struggling to sing along due to a poor tempo. And again.....Ordinary People? The only thing good about that corny 90's mix is that Haymer will think twice about asking all of the 90's baby to stand. LOL.

You sound like an idiot.

You sound like an idiot.

If you think I sound like an idiot, than you are more ignorant than SU wearing those hoods marching in the BOTB. I have too many (respectable)SU alums in my circle who know I know what I am talking about. Even your head band director knows that I am far from an idiot.

Overblowing and rushing tempo in a soave section of a song was the name of the SU game on Friday night. All Grambling fans know the signs of SU folks in denial. Don't be a typical SU fool and believe your band performed well just because you usally win the BOTB and have a bigger crowd. You lost! Take it and enjoy the holidays! Spend your energy on giving Talladega the attention they are using SU for.

Spend your energy on giving Talladega the attention they are using SU for.

baby-reading-book.jpg

SU is SU! Our competition is ourselves. Same comments. Different year. Waiting for SU to change its traditional sound is a losing battle for you guys. people kill me about SU alumni. You will Never be able to please everyone. Some will some won't. The Best is yet to come.

If you think I sound like an idiot, than you are more ignorant than SU wearing those hoods marching in the BOTB. I have too many (respectable)SU alums in my circle who know I know what I am talking about. Even your head band director knows that I am far from an idiot.

Overblowing and rushing tempo in a soave section of a song was the name of the SU game on Friday night. All Grambling fans know the signs of SU folks in denial. Don't be a typical SU fool and believe your band performed well just because you usally win the BOTB and have a bigger crowd. You lost! Take it and enjoy the holidays! Spend your energy on giving Talladega the attention they are using SU for.
LOL!!!

Not to divert attention to JSU, but they marched into PV BOTB wearing hoods just last week. Does that make them ignorant too? Or is it just because it's SU. If you don't like the staff cool, no need to bash the students though.

I almost fell off the my tread mill laughing at ur comment. It's so true. Gram drowned SU and Im a Boomer so I came into this neutral

Not to divert attention to JSU, but they marched into PV BOTB wearing hoods just last week. Does that make them ignorant too? Or is it just because it's SU. If you don't like the staff cool, no need to bash the students though.

Please leave JSU and the hoodie wearing SU band members out of your defense of Haymer and his buffoonery! I'm no Al Pacino, but you're out of order!

Last edited:
Congrats grambling. Sounded like a true collegiate band .

Man. You get the few new era SU folks or the late 90's era of SU folks that have been pumped with so much powder blue and gold juice until they become brainwashed about their own program. As you can clearly see in my first post of this thread, my comments are sincere. SU sounded like a 1989 FAMU on America the beautiful. That was great and extremely musical. To be honest, I thought the BOTB was over and GSU had no shot on the night. However, SU put on an extremely whack show followed by allowing Haymer to get on the mic and embarrass the little bit of class that Dr. Greggs, (who by the way knew me extremely well from LMEA functions), left for them. GSU usally makes horrific decisions in the BOTB and caves in, but this year, SU fumbled the ball. They need to take it like men.

SU is SU! Our competition is ourselves. Same comments. Different year. Waiting for SU to change its traditional sound is a losing battle for you guys. people kill me about SU alumni. You will Never be able to please everyone. Some will some won't. The Best is yet to come.

Oh Lord! Your post screams undercover words of defeat that only GSU and JSU can comprehend. I believe that AAMU 1999 folks who drove to Mumford can understand this BS language as well.

The Great Book of SU Loser Codes:

SU will be SU
SU's only competition is SU
Y'all might have out performed us to the crowd, but y'all ain't get us.
What side were you sitting on?
No matter what, SU still came off on top.
Man, SU was louder.
Y'all need to stick to your own style.
We got our own SU alums who be hatin on SU.

Translation 1: Southern lost the band battle and have to much pride to admit it.

Translation 2: Southern lost the band battle, but can't admit it due to being brainwashed by people who turned them into "a somebody" when they came to SU "a nobody".

Take it like a man. You put on a trash show for the NOLA people and others who were in attendance. Friday night wasn't your night. SU doesn't win the BOTB's every year no matter what they have pumped into to the Jaguar fanbase. This is one of those L years.

Last edited:
I don't know what the big deal is most people at the Battle of the band said this was the best one in years

Back