Your Favorite Track of All Time.

Tough question, but I'd have to go with "Adore" by Prince. Timeless song. It was released in '87, but sounds like it could've been released yesterday.

"Until the end of time,
I'll be there for you.
You own my heart and mind,
I truly ADORE you.

If God came and struck me blind,
Your beauty I'd still see.
Love's too weak to define,
Just what you mean to me."

:bowdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
^^^^^^^^^^ Classic stuff.

No doubt a lot of brothers wish they could come up w/lines like this.

In addition to Brown Sugar, I'd like to add these two classics:

1. What You Won't Do For Love - Bobby Caldwell
2. Send For Me - Atlantic Starr

That's classic enough for me.

Dr. Freeze said:
This is a hard one. It's a tie.

Electric Relaxation - A Tribe Called Quest
The Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.) - Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth
Alright - Freeway and/or Allen Anthony version

Date Rape - TCQ

what about "Step Up" by Pete Rock and Ini? this is an alltime PR masterpiece, not to mention it's the basis (i think) for the Tupac classic "I Get Around" oh my stinking goodness!! Also another Pete Rock classic that flew under the radar, "Fakin Jax'" :bowdown:

HBCUs said:
Tough question, but I'd have to go with "Adore" by Prince. Timeless song. It was released in '87, but sounds like it could've been released yesterday.

Lots of Prince references. my favorite Prince cuts are "Sign of the Times" and "1999" are you kidding me? oh, and "how does it feel" (?)

This is tooooo hard!!!!!

I love tooo much music but, I'll take a stab at it.

60's Baby I Love You - Aretha Franklin

70's Stop The Love You Save - Jackson 5

80's Sweet Love (The era of The God Father,...couldn't tell me nothin') Anita Baker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

90's How Could An Angel Break My Heart - Toni Braxton ( THE GREAT FALL!!!) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Present (Stop listening to the crap on the radio) - It Was A Very Good Year - Frank Sinatra :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: (Integrity vs dispair)

Bartram,

This task is virtually impossible. Too many time periods and too many artist. One song that has won such an award and is in the top 100 is "My Girl" by The Temptations. It is classic and transcends all time periods.

Legend35 said:
Present (Stop listening to the crap on the radio)

:lmao:

:bowdown:

Me to! do you know i can't even tell you a song or remember a cut from last year that i like? :shame: all i do now days is listen to sports talk radio. :read:

THAMES said:
Bartram,

This task is virtually impossible. Too many time periods and too many artist. One song that has won such an award and is in the top 100 is "My Girl" by The Temptations. It is classic and transcends all time periods.

That's a good one though. Everybody knows that song and can relate. (i think) it's impossible though because i just thought of another one "Self-Destruction" by that collaboration of rap artists.

Back