Young black voters aren’t enamored with Biden

Rated R Superstar

At Texas Southern University, a historically black university founded in 1927 and the site of last week’s Democratic debate, dozens of students, ages 19 to 23, differed on their top candidate. Senators Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, and Kamala Harris of California were among the favorites, as was one of the two Texans in the race, former Representative Beto O’Rourke.

For Mr. Biden, though, students carried mixed feelings.

They respected his tenure as Barack Obama’s vice president, but implicitly rejected his campaign’s central premise, that the primary goal of Democrats in the 2020 election should be defeating President Trump.

They pointed to systemic problems they said the country must address, such as inequality, climate change and gun violence. The Democratic nominee, they said, should embrace progressive proposals like canceling student loan debt, the Green New Deal and gun buyback programs.

“Me and my dad have the debate all the time,” said Samantha Williams, 19, a sophomore. “We want a candidate that reflects us and what the world is going to look like when we run.”

Jaylan Jones, 20, said, “Older people have that conservative outlook on things,” even older black Democrats.
“Young people don’t want Biden. We want Beto. We want Bernie,” said Ms. Jones, a junior. “I think we can convince them.”

[/URL]

We are going to have 4 more years of Trump...watch and see...unless the Democrats get their strategic plan together.

I like Harris but she does not move me like President Obama did....it seems like she tries too hard. I don't think Warren will get those blue collar worker's vote which made a big difference in the last election. Booker's New Jersey record will hurt him if he got the democratic nomination.

I would really like to see Biden/Harris ticket. Biden will serve one term and hand it off to Harris.

I truly don't believe the democrats are strategic. They have people in the race who don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning but are running to be able to justify them being paid a high amount of money on the public speaking trail after the election is over.

We are going to have 4 more years of Trump...watch and see...unless the Democrats get their strategic plan together.

I like Harris but she does not move me like President Obama did....it seems like she tries too hard. I don't think Warren will get those blue collar worker's vote which made a big difference in the last election. Booker's New Jersey record will hurt him if he got the democratic nomination.

I would really like to see Biden/Harris ticket. Biden will serve one term and hand it off to Harris.

I truly don't believe the democrats are strategic. They have people in the race who don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning but are running to be able to justify them being paid a high amount of money on the public speaking trail after the election is over.
I wouldn't be surprised.

The Biden who's constantly sticking his foot in his mouth and losing his train of thought? Trump is going to thrash him.

Obama hasn't come out and endorsed his boy so that's all you need to know right there

Black people got fooled by Obama before and came out to vote in record numbers. It won't happen again with Harris or Booker because they both are trash.

You can't blame black people for not being motivated with these trash candidates. More and more are asking what they will get in return for their vote and thus far only Williamson has promised them something (reparations). Nancy has the rest of them promising UBI in exchange and that ain't working

The Biden who's constantly sticking his foot in his mouth and losing his train of thought? Trump is going to thrash him.
I get my views from having conversations with white southern conservatives. Most including the white women aren't going to vote for Elizabeth Warren. White women don't have that girl sorority like black women. The white males aren't going to support a white woman in charge. Bernie Sanders is to liberal. The anyone but Trump voters will vote for Biden over those two.

Obama hasn't come out and endorsed his boy so that's all you need to know right there

Black people got fooled by Obama before and came out to vote in record numbers. It won't happen again with Harris or Booker because they both are trash.

You can't blame black people for not being motivated with these trash candidates. More and more are asking what they will get in return for their vote and thus far only Williamson has promised them something (reparations). Nancy has the rest of them promising UBI in exchange and that ain't working
The common black voter will get fuked hard if Trump wins again. He is going to kill all the social programs they depend on. Answer me this what is the common black community back up plans when those programs are killed?

This woman is batsh!t crazy

I get my views from having conversations with white southern conservatives. Most including the white women aren't going to vote for Elizabeth Warren. White women don't have that girl sorority like black women. The white males aren't going to support a white woman in charge. Bernie Sanders is to liberal. The anyone but Trump voters will vote for Biden over those two.

I made no mention of other candidates. In any case, white conservatives (whose only real issue with Trump is that he says the quiet thing out loud), like white people as a whole, are going to vote Republican like they have been since the 60s. They aren't flipping to Biden or any other Democrat no matter how much the party chases them election after election.

I'm hardly a Sanders fan, but nothing speaks to how far right the politics in this country have shifted in that a candidate as milquetoast as him is considered too liberal.

President Obama will not endorse anyone until after a democratic candidate is named to face Trump. That's common sense. Why endorse someone now and if that person doesn't win it will look like the democrats are completely split.

Back