WTF are the Clippers doing?

jag77

As much as I think that Miller would be the best fit at pg for the Clippers, there is no way I pull the trigger on the Miles/Miller trade. I would have shipped Odom instead of Miles, but maybe Cleveland didn't want Odom.

I'm sure most of the players for LA weren't happy with Miles leaving, especially Quentin Richardson.

However, Wagner and Miles should be the start of something good in Clevland. Miles will now get his time to start. But now the Cavs, may play their way out of the Lebron James Lotto pick.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wagner came out too early. We will be slow to develop into greatness.

Originally posted by jag77
As much as I think that Miller would be the best fit at pg for the Clippers, there is no way I pull the trigger on the Miles/Miller trade. I would have shipped Odom instead of Miles, but maybe Cleveland didn't want Odom.

I'm sure most of the players for LA weren't happy with Miles leaving, especially Quentin Richardson.

However, Wagner and Miles should be the start of something good in Clevland. Miles will now get his time to start. But now the Cavs, may play their way out of the Lebron James Lotto pick.

What are you talking about?? They only just got the third best pg in the game (behind Jason Kidd and Gary Payton of course) for a kid that has proved nothing but the fact that he can make a highlight film and pound his hands over his head. Odom's all-round game is much better than Miles high flying antics even if it comes with the off court problems. Let's not get Odom's stats twisted...last year he spent half the year injured or suspended (for the weed incident).

I guess you didnt notice in the playoffs this past season just how much better getting a quality PG made your team.

I'm with Venom on this one. Andre Miller is amongst the top 3 or 4 PG's in the game. If anyone, in this case, has screwed up, it's Cleveland. Why were they so determined to get rid of Miller? Makes no sense to me.

I know Cleveland is in a small market and they dont make it on national TV very often but having DirecTV allows me to watch a lot of NBA games and for those who are not all that familiar with Andre Miller, you will find out very soon how good he is.

Darius Miles is a nobody in this league at this point. Always beating on his head and isht. He will have his chance now to show what he has. Wagner is gonna be a gigantic flop.

The Clippers finally did something right and Cleveland, you now have your shot at Lebron James.

I like the Clippers and when the trade rumors started around draft day to get Miller, I was glad. The only other thought was why break up the chemistry with D. Miles, but looking at it I agree with Venom Skywalker . On the plus Miller gets to come back to L.A.
SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY

I feel that was a good trade. Wagner is the furture for the Cleveland, and with Miles beside him Cleveland just got younger and better.

Jag77......U need to asking the question. What the hell are they going to do with all those power forwards they have?

:confused: :confused:

I agree with the trade. Miller is one of the best point guards as most have said. Yes, Miles has a lot of talent. But he only shows flashes of it. IMHO he should be one of the top 15-20 players in the league. Right now I do not think that he is there.

Venom, I agree that Miller is a legit pg. I just didn't like Miles being traded instead of Odom. Odom will eventually smoke his way out of the NBA, and Miles has a bigger upside if he continues to improve. Sure Odom is proven but how much longer will he be around.

I personally dont think Miles has a bigger upside. He's a 6'9 smallforward (I cant call him a PF because of his size). He cant shoot (his first year he shot less than 10% from behind the 3point stripe....last year he shot 15%). In '00-'01 he averaged 9.4 points and 5.9 boards and in 01-02 he averaged 9.5 points and 5.4 boards....not much improvement.

In Odom's 3 years in the league (remember Odom has only been in the league for a year longer than Miles and he only played one year of college ball)...he's averaged 17 points, 8 boards and 5 assist with last year being a down year for him cause he only played 29 games (Still averaged 14 pts, 6 assist and 7 boards).

I might agree with you on his weed addiction..wait I'm sorry weed heads dont get addicted...his ummmmm smoking habbits slowing down his career but with the legaliztion of weed a few years away (in my opinion) I dont think it will hamper him to be honest with you. :cool:

Back