Would you go to see these two drumlines battle?

Sorry but I just couldn't resist putting this picture on here.....Awesome!!!
01240028.JPG

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
Sorry but I just couldn't resist putting this picture on here.....Awesome!!!
01240028.JPG
yep i have as my desk top/screen saver:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :flamethro

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
Originally posted by Brian
Haaaaaaaaaaaay! whats the deal BOX? :lmao: I like what I heard when the word got back! Yall wrecked that motha lova...huh?! Congrads bros and sis.................... can i get a .............B.OOOOOOOOOOOOO.X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sKIP HOLLA AT YA BOI..... U 2 KURIOUS!!!!!!! Yall hard to get in touch wit dog!
Oh yea and aaaahhh................ B.O.X. VS Sudden Impact.... get real!!!!!!!!!!!!
B.O.X. :flamethro

SUDDEN IMPACT :bawling: :bawling:
check your pm

Re: The Creator/Innovator

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
Skip came up with the counts and steps to get half the line on the ground and then to get back up......He also had the idea to write FUNK BOX on the drumheads......We ran into a few bumps in the road about the "stack" making the snareline look small but Prof. Edwards, nevertheless, approved of it as well as the Georgia Dome crowd......I was kind of skeptical about it because we used black shoe polish and we didn't put the letters on until the tunnels of the Georgia Dome.......Drying was a big problem......But it turned out hot like :redhot: ..........

To sum it all up: I came with the T-bone steak........Skip and PAC-10 seasoned it with "Tony Sachery's" creole season salt

That ain't gonna be the last time the "Stack" is done either.......At least I think it shouldn't even though I have officially retired from active duty [/B]

*LOL@the "T-bone Steak" comment*

You all still have Prof. Larry Jones as drumline instructor, don't you? (I saw the BOX Website and enjoyed it, that's how I know his name) What did he say about the drum to drum parts?

What the SI or the BOX does, I think, sometimes depends on the drumline instructor's discretion. That was my reason of asking.

Re: Re: The Creator/Innovator

Originally posted by Mastermind

You all still have Prof. Larry Jones as drumline instructor, don't you? (I saw the BOX Website and enjoyed it, that's how I know his name) What did he say about the drum to drum parts?

What the SI or the BOX does, I think, sometimes depends on the drumline instructor's discretion. That was my reason of asking.

The actual "drum 2 drum" part was from another feature so he approved it..........TheBOX shall live off of this statement next year: Recycling-NO MORE IN 0 4!!!!!

Re: Re: The Creator/Innovator

Originally posted by Mastermind

well to be honest the part we are talking about was only 15 seconds of the feature, there is 1 minute and 35 seconds before this, so if you take that in to consideration, how long and how much other effort it took for the rest of the show. Our shows/features are not an over night thin, it takes days to come come up with 15 to 20 second parts and we merge them together.....

that is the nature of DA BOX, there is no one person that has their finger on the trigger, we all(the entire BOX) add their little 2 cents in the creative process of any given feature or show. life is good right now because we have productive individuals that have a grasp for what is what.

I SAID A B...............................Oooooooooooooooooo.................X

MAN,

WE ALL KNOW RALO HAS THE MOST CREATIVE MIND IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: JUST LE T THE TENOR BLASTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!

SKIP, I THINK THAT IT IS TIME TO MAKE SOME ADDITIONS TO THE WALL OF FAME!

Originally posted by NO SENSE
MAN,

WE ALL KNOW RALO HAS THE MOST CREATIVE MIND IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: JUST LE T THE TENOR BLASTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!

:cool: boy you have lost your mind.....i am call the guys with the white jackets:lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by NO SENSE
MAN,

:redhot: Yeah, like me ......I crabbed damm near 10 yrs ago....I think its about time....ya dig?:D

DaBOX 96' Snare said:
The actual "drum 2 drum" part was from another feature so he approved it..........TheBOX shall live off of this statement next year: Recycling-NO MORE IN 0 4!!!!!

Speaking of "No more recycling", This idea came to mind about a few weeks ago, but since I've busy as heyal lately, I haven't had a chance to speak on it: Since The BOX's 20th Anniversary season's coming up, how about adding something really special to your drum features, like having the snare line come up and have each of them use either roto-toms or china crash cymbals for your drum-to-drum parts, you know, like how DCI does? Just a suggestion, of course! :)

Mastermind said:
Speaking of "No more recycling", This idea came to mind about a few weeks ago, but since I've busy as heyal lately, I haven't had a chance to speak on it: Since The BOX's 20th Anniversary season's coming up, how about adding something really special to your drum features, like having the snare line come up and have each of them use either roto-toms or china crash cymbals for your drum-to-drum parts, you know, like how DCI does? Just a suggestion, of course! :)
:what: :what: wwwwwwwwWHAT? It's been done too. but there are few surprises for you this season...... COMING TO A STADIUM NEAR YOU.... THE STORM :headphone :angry: :angry:

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
GoodFella said:
Well KRANK is gonna burn Sudden Impact this fall...... :shh:
GOODFELLA, THE KRANK SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH SUDDEN IMPACT, THESE CATS ARE OVERRATED(MOSTLY BY THEMSELVES) THEY REALLY DIDN'T IMPRESS ME NONE...SO I HOPE YA'LL DIG THEM A NEW AZZHOLE :splat: :splat:

SKIP said:
GOODFELLA, THE KRANK SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH SUDDEN IMPACT, THESE CATS ARE OVERRATED(MOSTLY BY THEMSELVES) THEY REALLY DIDN'T IMPRESS ME NONE...SO I HOPE YA'LL DIG THEM A NEW AZZHOLE :splat: :splat:

:look: That's only if BCC shows up and shells out.....U know what their announcer be saying.....And also you gotta remember how arrogant them Floridian bands are towards SWAC bands.....Somebody need to educate The Marching Pride on what a good match-up this will be if they take the trip....As far as Sudden Impact, they should be called Late Impact because I didn't feel nuffin at the Honda BOTB three months ago....

img0.gif

DaBOX 96' Snare said:
:look: That's only if BCC shows up and shells out.....U know what their announcer be saying.....And also you gotta remember how arrogant them Floridian bands are towards SWAC bands.....Somebody need to educate The Marching Pride on what a good match-up this will be if they take the trip....As far as Sudden Impact, they should be called Late Impact because I didn't feel nuffin at the Honda BOTB three months ago....

img0.gif
:angry: :angry: :angry: i heard you Kurious, we might have to road trip to that one...........bcc is going to be too close to the house not to try and get there for that one...i hope it doesn't conflict with something else because i will be there.... :smug: :smug:

SKIP said:
:angry: :angry: :angry: i heard you Kurious, we might have to road trip to that one...........bcc is going to be too close to the house not to try and get there for that one...i hope it doesn't conflict with something else because i will be there.... :smug: :smug:

:look: No doubt!!! I'll road trip to that game in a minute.......We'll just have to continue to peep in and out of that dayum 5th Quarter to see if BCC is gonna show their fur at the game....

ki_toy_2.jpg

Re: "One Heck Of A Drumline Battle!!!!!!!!"

HAMTARO said:
I WANNA SEE DA BOX AND WAR AND THUNDER GO AT
:jump: :jump: well then Hamtaro, since you are familar with both, who do you think will come out on top,,,,,,,Being that you grew up with DA BOX, and now you are in the Boom, on a totally non-bias opinion what do you think??????? i am going to be honest with you, i haven't seen W&T in a couple of years but i know that Mr. KnowItALL is very up on W&T because his old man gave them the name so let me know and i will take your view hold heartedly....then i'll know what to do about next year when and if the battle goes down......i hope ya'll make the trip.....let yo boy know what's up :headphone

TO BE HONEST I CAN'T TELL YA CAUSE ITS TWO VERY DIFFERENT STYLES ITS JUST A BATTLE I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SEE SINCE I SAW PV ON THE SCHEDULE IN 01 BUT I KNOW IT WILL BE A CHANCE FOR EACH SECTION TO SHOWCASE IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER CAUSE THEY HAVEN'T STRAPPED UP IN FRONT ONE ANOTHER SINCE 89'

HAMTARO said:
TO BE HONEST I CAN'T TELL YA CAUSE ITS TWO VERY DIFFERENT STYLES ITS JUST A BATTLE I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO SEE SINCE I SAW PV ON THE SCHEDULE IN 01 BUT I KNOW IT WILL BE A CHANCE FOR EACH SECTION TO SHOWCASE IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER CAUSE THEY HAVEN'T STRAPPED UP IN FRONT ONE ANOTHER SINCE 89'
actually it's been since 86'. and that was the year before i got there so i have never been in the front of W & T. but from what i hear it's hot in the skillett so, i am anxious to be there....

HAMTARO said:
SAY IF WANYE COLE SHOWS UP TO BATTLE I'M GOING TO BE WIRED NO MATTER CAUSE THAT BOY IS A FOOL ON THEM Z's
i think last semester was his last one, but i got a new bullet in the chamber and his man is JAY, he actually took over for wayne and he is just as cold so get ready for him...i think we are going to march 10 cymbals in the fall and the they are all cold....but i can't wait to see you cats too. much love...

Back