Would you go to see these two drumlines battle?

DaBOX 96' Snare

1st Stack Drum2Drum ever
"One Heck Of A Drumline Battle!!!!!!!!"

I just want to know who would go see these two beasts of drumlines battle.......Is it worth paying for? Why or why not?;)
3399369523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D343%3D%3A39%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A464%3B779ot1lsi

vs.
3399369523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D343%3D%3A39%3DXROQDF%3E232349%3B8%3B938%3Bot1lsi

Sorry

:D The pictures above are back up.......Tripod.com ganked me and took the originals down.......You can post your thoughts about the thread now

I would. But to prove the point alot of people from this side of the Mississippi have made about the Box, I would rather they faced cadence for cadence since all you hear from folk is "the Box is too flashy" and "all the Box does is dance" and "some of the sticking the Box does is relatively easy".......

The B.O.X. does more than just dance. Yes, they are flashy, but that's their style. Can't nobody beat them in that style. They have good sticking, and they are together. Do I see anyone beating the B.O.X., No. Not right now I don't. I don't see anyone that is creative enough to beat them. I'm not knockin anyone's drumline. Everyone has their own liking of style. No, I don't play drums, neither do I attend the School off 290. (p.V)

i have said it time and time again, DA BOX is not one dimensional. we have a marching sequence, we have stand cadences, we have features, we have 5-to 10 minute shows, and we can dance. now if you want to go deeper, we are very technical, we have stickings and flash and if that is not enough we can do flips and seal it with a smoke show and we are out.

never doubt that we don't like to do features but face to face is our place, come get some.:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

I SAID A B................Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............X

The McFunk B.O.X. vs. Sudden Impact...sounds highly interesting; I'd been wanting to see this matchup for a minute, alongside the BOX going up against many other good lines (NCAT's Cold Steel, the MDFS from NSU, MBC's X. Factor, etc.).

Both lines have highly technical merits and strenghts, and there are several times when SI can do a feature as good as the B.O.X., but the differences between the two, which are good I may also add, are obviously shown out there in their field shows. I'm not gonna brag that one line can play cleaner, flash, dance, showcase visuals, etc. better than the other, but again, I can speak on behalf of everyone who posts in this thread that this battle could be one of the most entertaining and fun to watch, cadence for cadence....

:D That's of course my $1.95!

...By the way, I noticed that The BOX made a decrease in numbers in Honda from this past season. Didn't you all march a snare line of 12?

Originally posted by Mastermind
...By the way, I noticed that The BOX made a decrease in numbers in Honda from this past season. Didn't you all march a snare line of 12?
yeah we lost 2 snare drummers at the end of the semester and we lost 2 more snaredrummers the night before the battle of the bands because of financial aid(Prof will not let you march if you are not in school officially) we even lost 4 cymbals, 1 bass drummer, 2 sixes(no quints, we have sixes) and a tenor drummer.....so we really were not at full strength. and these were key cats and 2 of them were captains.

Originally posted by lilC
I would. But to prove the point alot of people from this side of the Mississippi have made about the Box, I would rather they faced cadence for cadence since all you hear from folk is "the Box is too flashy" and "all the Box does is dance" and "some of the sticking the Box does is relatively easy".......

I dont think he was trying to say that all the BOX does as some of you might have thought. I think he was saying everyone on this side of the Mississippi KNOWS what the BOX is capable of when standing still. Its those other fok that keep talking about all the flash, stunts, and dancing. I would like to see the looks on their faces when all those myths are obliterated. Then what will they have to talk about?

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE
I dont think he was trying to say that all the BOX does as some of you might have thought. I think he was saying everyone on this side of the Mississippi KNOWS what the BOX is capable of when standing still. Its those other fok that keep talking about all the flash, stunts, and dancing. I would like to see the looks on their faces when all those myths are obliterated. Then what will they have to talk about?
good point "when those myths are obliterated" i am waiting to see whose going to be in the front of us when the lights come on........we definitely have some unfinished business on the other side of the mississippi. to me, the SWAC has united, and we have at least 2 targets over there. when you talk that much noise and your section is mediocre, you get what's coming to you.....kinda like at the honda, when the big 2 got caught in "THE STORM".:redhot:

The reason the Box is like it is because the people that are involved go the extra mile to come up new innovative ideas that people have never seen before, and thats the whole idea whether its cymbals tossing or drums getting thrown to one another its always something that they have in their head that can make us better. Stuff like that dosent happen over night it takes countless hours of practice, motivation, and the will to go that extra step to make it better. When you come to an established line like Box you cant help but get better with those kind of people around you.

Originally posted by GoodFella
Cant wait until this season starts....;)
i can't wait either because my mind has been boiling over and i have to get some of the isht on the drums:cool:

Originally posted by Six-Two
Hey Skip nice job on the drum to drum at Honda
pree-shate, we were in the lab one night and we were trying to come up with something to do for the drum to drum, and KURIOUS AND PAC-TEN said man we tried something but we don't know about it, i told them to show me what they had , and they did a rendition of it and and my mind caught fire, and we ran with it. PAC-TEN AND KURIOUS were the crash test dummies and i pulled the switch. we will probably get back in the LAB soon. are you coming back to school next semester? much love ::redhot: :redhot:

Yeah I just didnt have enough money to come back in the spring but ill be their in the fall. I bought me some cymbals and been practicing and coming up with new stuff since I left.

Yeah I just didnt have enough money to come back in the spring but ill be their in the fall. I bought me some cymbals and been practicing and coming up with new stuff since I left.
well keep practicing, because we will be choosing a new cymbal capt in camp because wayne probably will not be back and if J doesn't come back we will be definitely pick one of ya'll.

The reason the Box is like it is because the people that are involved go the extra mile to come up new innovative ideas that people have never seen before, and thats the whole idea whether its cymbals tossing or drums getting thrown to one another its always something that they have in their head that can make us better. Stuff like that dosent happen over night it takes countless hours of practice, motivation, and the will to go that extra step to make it better. When you come to an established line like Box you cant help but get better with those kind of people around you.

This is another point I had made before also.People are quick to talk about all it is is blah blah blah or yada yada....but the question I ask is can YOU do it?????

I hate when people talk about movies and say all it is is special effects....I'm like you sit down on a computer and create one of those effects......that shat is not easy by any means...computer or not.

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE
This is another point I had made before also.People are quick to talk about all it is is blah blah blah or yada yada....but the question I ask is can YOU do it?????

I hate when people talk about movies and say all it is is special effects....I'm like you sit down on a computer and create one of those effects......that shat is not easy by any means...computer or not.
no computers, no special effects, just pen and paper and trial and error.....but that's that:flamethro

Haaaaaaaaaaaay! whats the deal BOX? :lmao: I like what I heard when the word got back! Yall wrecked that motha lova...huh?! Congrads bros and sis.................... can i get a .............B.OOOOOOOOOOOOO.X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sKIP HOLLA AT YA BOI..... U 2 KURIOUS!!!!!!! Yall hard to get in touch wit dog!
Oh yea and aaaahhh................ B.O.X. VS Sudden Impact.... get real!!!!!!!!!!!!
B.O.X. :flamethro

SUDDEN IMPACT :bawling: :bawling:

Originally posted by Brian
Haaaaaaaaaaaay! whats the deal BOX? :lmao: I like what I heard when the word got back! Yall wrecked that motha lova...huh?! Congrads bros and sis.................... can i get a .............B.OOOOOOOOOOOOO.X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sKIP HOLLA AT YA BOI..... U 2 KURIOUS!!!!!!! Yall hard to get in touch wit dog!
Oh yea and aaaahhh................ B.O.X. VS Sudden Impact.... get real!!!!!!!!!!!!
B.O.X. :flamethro

SUDDEN IMPACT :bawling: :bawling:
don't you mean suddenly got impacted:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: what's baby, i'll hit you up a few minutes.......:flamethro :flamethro

I SAID A B................Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........X

The Creator/Innovator

Hey Skip nice job on the drum to drum at Honda

:tup: I am not trying to steal anyone's credit such as my nizzle Skip and my boy "PAC (to the) 10" from the drum to drum.......But let me set the record straight.......The whole "Stack Drum2Drum" was a concept from the ingenious mind of none other than Kurious (with a "K") George: Come Git Some......I thought of it and drew plans for it in PAC-10's notebook back in November 2003.......PAC-10 and I discussed using it for the feature for the SWAC championship weekend in Birmingham, Alabama but time became a factor......January rolls around and the HONDA BOTB trip is set in stone......So we then pull out the "Holy Grail" notebook of visuals and begin to tweek the visual......The whole objective was to demonstrate a "drum to drum" in a different form "other than standing up in a straight line bent over foward"......That's been done for years......I can't release the other options I thought of for the "drum to drum" online because that would be a breach in security.......Anyway, after I showed PAC-10 my visual and we tweeked it, we then showed Skip.......That moment set Skip's head on :flamethro with all kinds of ideas......Skip came up with the counts and steps to get half the line on the ground and then to get back up......He also had the idea to write FUNK BOX on the drumheads......We ran into a few bumps in the road about the "stack" making the snareline look small but Prof. Edwards, nevertheless, approved of it as well as the Georgia Dome crowd......I was kind of skeptical about it because we used black shoe polish and we didn't put the letters on until the tunnels of the Georgia Dome.......Drying was a big problem......But it turned out hot like:redhot: ..........

To sum it all up: I came with the T-bone steak........Skip and PAC-10 seasoned it with "Tony Sachery's" creole season salt

That ain't gonna be the last time the "Stack" is done either.......At least I think it shouldn't even though I have officially retired from active duty

Re: The Creator/Innovator

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
:tup: I am not trying to steal anyone's credit such as my nizzle Skip and my boy "PAC (to the) 10" from the drum to drum.......But let me set the record straight.......The whole "Stack Drum2Drum" was a concept from the ingenious mind of none other than Kurious (with a "K") George: Come Git Some......I thought of it and drew plans for it in PAC-10's notebook back in November 2003.......PAC-10 and I discussed using it for the feature for the SWAC championship weekend in Birmingham, Alabama but time became a factor......January rolls around and the HONDA BOTB trip is set in stone......So we then pull out the "Holy Grail" notebook of visuals and begin to tweek the visual......The whole objective was to demonstrate a "drum to drum" in a different form "other than standing up in a straight line bent over foward"......That's been done for years......I can't release the other options I thought of for the "drum to drum" online because that would be a breach in security.......Anyway, after I showed PAC-10 my visual and we tweeked it, we then showed Skip.......That moment set Skip's head on :flamethro with all kinds of ideas......Skip came up with the counts and steps to get half the line on the ground and then to get back up......He also had the idea to write FUNK BOX on the drumheads......We ran into a few bumps in the road about the "stack" making the snareline look small but Prof. Edwards, nevertheless, approved of it as well as the Georgia Dome crowd......I was kind of skeptical about it because we used black shoe polish and we didn't put the letters on until the tunnels of the Georgia Dome.......Drying was a big problem......But it turned out hot like:redhot: ..........

To sum it all up: I came with the T-bone steak........Skip and PAC-10 seasoned it with "Tony Sachery's" creole season salt

That ain't gonna be the last time the "Stack" is done either.......At least I think it shouldn't even though I have officially retired from active duty
SAY you dam fool, you can't give the play by play...ha ha ha :lmao: :lmao: i have a drum to drum that i know you are going to like i'll hit you on the pm. oooo it's that :flamethro

Re: Re: The Creator/Innovator

Originally posted by SKIP
SAY you dam fool, you can't give the play by play...ha ha ha :lmao: :lmao: i have a drum to drum that i know you are going to like i'll hit you on the pm. oooo it's that :flamethro

I got the pm, brutha

Back