Wizards suspend Brown for rest of playoffs

• Thread starter Thread starter EB
  • Start date Start date

:nod2: :nod2:

Sad part is ......although not to this extreme................I know a lot of dudes that are just like this. Couldn't cook unless it's outside on a grill .....................AND THEN IT'S BASIC. :goof:

northern tiger said:
Naw man, you can't count these two from the Big Ten in your example. Some folks on this board said they wasn't sh@t! :lmao:
:jump: C'mon..you know me...I always say Big Ten running backs ain't worth shat ..... basketball players...well...that's a slightly better situation...

JR said:
Brown is from Savannah, Ga if I am not mistaken. Sounded like his Mom didn't want to move and had other kids to raise.
Actually, he's from Brunswick, GA. It's a small town, but dammit, it's not so small that he should have been as lost as he was.

DNice,
I remember the article too. It was sad. Poor kid didn't even know how to order from a menu.

I can only imagine how much of his money he got fleeced out of before somebody came along and helped him.

I thought he was from Brunswick, which is south of Savannah. But anyway, it really does not matter.

staggalee83 said:
I saw that article.

The other players and the Wizzards didn't even know this kid was living like this. Typical 18, 19 year old..................WITH MONEY IN THIS CASE.

Kid couldn't cook, clean or anything. Ate fast food every meal for the first 1st year. Said when he ran out of clothes to wear, he just bought more.

This kid was not prepared to live on his own no matter where he ended up. He could have been in Memphis. He just was not prepared on the BASICS OF LIFE.

This is true. It does not matter where he played, even if it is in Ty Ty, GA. He would have problems. He is just as soft as a pillow.

The only thing he has going for him is that he is 7' tall. But if he does not clean up his act, he will be out of the league. But miracles do happen.

Lewis said:
I am sorry, but that is just p*ss poor home training. Most kids (well many) got to college and have to live on thier own. When I was 18, I could do all of that because my parent made me do it all growing up, wash, clean, cook, etc. that just being raised right.

This is why I'm against drafted high schoolers. College is where you learn about LIFE. This kid should have been in college, fell in love with a nice girl who could have taught him how to cook, clean, etc., if he didn't know it. A college coach would have had the patience to put up with him.

Even if he had turned out good, would Washington had benefited? Garnett, Kobe are only 2 of the few high schoolers that resigned with the team that drafted him. So why draft a high school kid and teach them for 3 years to only see them play for someone else.

Da_Sperm said:
This is why I'm against drafted high schoolers. College is where you learn about LIFE. This kid should have been in college, fell in love with a nice girl who could have taught him how to cook, clean, etc., if he didn't know it. A college coach would have had the patience to put up with him.

Even if he had turned out good, would Washington had benefited? Garnett, Kobe are only 2 of the few high schoolers that resigned with the team that drafted him. So why draft a high school kid and teach them for 3 years to only see them play for someone else.

Co-sign...man I bet the Wizards were like...We coulda had Richard Friggin' Jefferson instead off this dude :smash: :smash:

and Lewis is right...if he got 12 siblings...how come he didn't know how to do all that basic household stuff.. Hell there was only three of us and we all knew how to sew, cook, clean, wash clothes and all that...Hell if Michael Irvin could've mastered some home-ec and had 16 siblings..then Kwame shoulda done it too...but that might not be a good analogy..

P.S.: If David Stern had his way, KG will stay the only HS dude still with the team that drafted him. Kobe was drafted by the Hornets, and batched his way into gettin traded to LA for Vlade Divac on draft day. And Ol' Bron-Bron isn't gettin too happy in his pseudo-hometown... :smash:

Jordan did his best to kill this franchise. Abraham got rid of Jordan just in time, acually he was a little late. Jordan started Kwame's downfall. Hopefully the kid will land on his feet somewhere.

Da_Sperm said:

Actualy the Lakers didn't draft Kobe either. But really...most players end up someplace other than where they are drafted after the initial rookie contract, unless they end up with a good team.

jag4life said:
Actualy the Lakers didn't draft Kobe either. But really...most players end up someplace other than where they are drafted after the initial rookie contract, unless they end up with a good team.

The LAKERS had a deal worked out with the Hornets that year. Charlotte didn't want a highschooler. The LAKERS wanted him but could not get that high in the draft without giving up everybody including Magic Johnson for the draft slot.

KOLBE's dad, "Jelly Bean", had played for the LAKERS coach at that time when he was at Houston. KOLBE's dad talked the LAKERS into getting him out to LA. He didn't want him in Charlotte because he didn't think they would give a highschooler a fair chance to start.

mighty hornet said:
I can only imagine how much of his money he got fleeced out of before somebody came along and helped him.

Or how much property he lost.

I can't imagine not knowing what to do with something as simple dirty pant's and shirts. Didn't know how to shop for food or cook it. He had shat like pop-tarts and other junk food that kids eat in his kitchen.

Dude would wear outfit's once or twice and just throw them in a room in a pile. They said he had designer suit's but didn't know what care to give them. He just went out and would by enough stuff to wear for a month or so. :smh:

Da_Sperm said:

Sure, LeBron, KG, Kobe, and Rashard Lewis have played well. But the above quote makes a lot of sense to me.

BTW it took Jermaine O'Neal five years to do anything on the court in the NBA.

Get Ready said:
Jordan did his best to kill this franchise. Abraham got rid of Jordan just in time, acually he was a little late. Jordan started Kwame's downfall. Hopefully the kid will land on his feet somewhere.

Abe Polin and Wes Unseld are smiling after Gilbert's last second shot in game five in Chicago.

staggalee83 said:
The LAKERS had a deal worked out with the Hornets that year. Charlotte didn't want a highschooler. The LAKERS wanted him but could not get that high in the draft without giving up everybody including Magic Johnson for the draft slot.

KOLBE's dad, "Jelly Bean", had played for the LAKERS coach at that time when he was at Houston. KOLBE's dad talked the LAKERS into getting him out to LA. He didn't want him in Charlotte because he didn't think they would give a highschooler a fair chance to start.

Uh frat, you are wrong on this one. Kobe went public saying he only wanted to play for the Lakers and he would not sign with Charlotte if they drafted him. I watched it unfold right in that draft. I was like who the hell is this HS player to say who he wants to play for. He aint even a top 10 pick. Kobe indeed wanted no parts of Charlotte. So of course they obliged his arse and sent him to the Lakers. It was all about being in a media market for Kobe. His arse didn't start for the Lakers either. He had a better shot starting in Charlotte. I could see him Bobby Phills, Wesley and Kobe on the floor at the same time. Remember when he came to LA. They still had a young Eddie Jones in his spot.

EB said:
Sure, LeBron, KG, Kobe, and Rashard Lewis have played well. But the above quote makes a lot of sense to me.

BTW it took Jermaine O'Neal five years to do anything on the court in the NBA.

Abe Polin and Wes Unseld are smiling after Gilbert's last second shot in game five in Chicago.

Why yall bashing MJ. He was the one to get rid of those cap problem players like Juwann "I steal a paycheck" Howard and others to put the Wizards in a position to be able to sign a Gilbert Areanas. Now Mike did botch the Kwame Brown deal. I was just reading ESPN or CNNSI the other day on how MJ aint getting enough credit for the moves in Washington. Wes Unseld dumb arse just kept signing players to big arse contracts and they never produced while making dumb trades. SMH

JR said:
Uh frat, you are wrong on this one. Kobe went public saying he only wanted to play for the Lakers and he would not sign with Charlotte if they drafted him. I watched it unfold right in that draft. I was like who the hell is this HS player to say who he wants to play for. He aint even a top 10 pick. Kobe indeed wanted no parts of Charlotte. So of course they obliged his arse and sent him to the Lakers.

That's what I'm saying frat.

He knew Charlotte didn't want a highschooler. Him and his dad cooked up this plan. The LAKERS were more than willing to part with Vladie Divas and a few other players for KOBE at the time.

Co-sign JR. Jordan's arrogance did him in when he was here. You can't tell someone they're too old, and it's best you sell the team to you, and expect him to not take that as a slap in the face, and fire you. That was the case with Jordan.

However, he did make some good moves from a cap standpoint while he was here. He dumped a lot of high priced, no production players, and in turn he left the Wizards in good shape. The only bad move he made was, getting rid of Richard Hamilton for fellow UNC alum Jerry Stackhouse. Rip was coming into his own, and was a fan favorite here, but it's done. In saying that, he bought in Larry Hughes, and the money that he saved gave them room to sign Gilbert Arenas. So his tenure wasn't total failure. Not to mention he actually had people talking about the Wizards, which was a feat in itself.

Lewis, the only reason I said Kwame needed to be in a smaller market was because as a youngster some markets are just to fast for a kid that's not used to city life. Outside of the things he should've learned at home, this city is not a place for a young black man to come of age in, with the kind of money he has. Really, any northeast city. The pace is just too fast.

For a kid like Kwame who was wet behind the ears, this place is crucial. You're dealing with a far more aggressive person (especially women), the media is truly unforgiving, the hustler's are like vultures, and people really don't have your best interest at heart.

The Wizards have always been a party team, and with the exception of Antawn Jamison, this whole team parties. I don't care if the game is on a Tuesday night, somebody is having an after game party somewhere, and they're all there.

You know when you see Mitch Ritchmond in the club passing out tickets, and chilling with the girls, your team has party problems. This is a seasoned vet, who was married acting like that, but like so many before him, got caught up.

Now in the Wizards defense Patrick Ewing was working with him, but like a lot of youth of today, they don't take the advice from their elders. He told Pat you got caught up in the Gold Club in Atlanta, how are you going to tell me anything??????????????

NICE

D-NICE said:
The Wizards have always been a party team, and with the exception of Antawn Jamison, this whole team parties. I don't care if the game is on a Tuesday night, somebody is having an after game party somewhere, and they're all there.

That's in Houston too...I'm pretty sure in almost every NFL and NBA city. I always see the Rockets (including Mutombo and Pat Ewing...lol) out. I always see the Texans out too...Andre Johnson, Domanick Davis, Stacy Mack, etc).

Not Dallas. You will hardly ever see the Dallas Mavericks out and the same goes for the Dallas Cowboys. Even before Parcells came, the Cowboys made it a big effort for their players to remain low key. As much as Irvin was in the lime light, you didn't catch him out too much.

Back