Why Men don't ask Women to Dance

jelli

Music Lover
Why Men don't ask women to dance any more? Inquiring minds want to know or just jelli wants to know.:confused:
baby15.gif
baby80.gif

Well in some cases, there is soooooooooo much attitude when asked til it's not worth it!!! They want to have drinks bought, food and I'm like damn, I just want a dance!!! Not a date!!!
So I just dance with my wife!!!

When I go out!!

When i'm with the fellas, I just chill!!!

Originally posted by philharmonic
Well in some cases, there is soooooooooo much attitude when asked til it's not worth it!!! They want to have drinks bought, food and I'm like damn, I just want a dance!!! Not a date!!!
So I just dance with my wife!!!

When I go out!!

When i'm with the fellas, I just chill!!!
Well I would hope you just dance with your wife when you two are out...LOL;) But now all women have attitudes. Why make them all suffer for the few small minded ones out there.:confused:

Agrees with philharmonic....to a certain extent

You're right philharmonic; I've seen that happen to a lot of guys...but from a woman's perspective, I'll jump in for our defense.

I think this is because some men want to hang around you all night after you've danced with them. They start to think you're their date. I'm sure this doesn't pertain to everyone, but some brothers will jock you at the club.:rolleyes:

This doesn't usually pertain to me because I'll usually dance any/every time a man asks....hell, I'll ask him to dance.:p

I love to dance so it doesn't bother me, but when I question some of my friends that always turn a brother down, this is what they say.

Re: Agrees with philharmonic....to a certain extent

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
You're right philharmonic; I've seen that happen to a lot of guys...but from a woman's perspective, I'll jump in for our defense.

I think this is because some men want to hang around you all night after you've danced with them. They start to think you're their date. I'm sure this doesn't pertain to everyone, but some brothers will jock you at the club.:rolleyes:

This doesn't usually pertain to me because I'll usually dance any/every time a man asks....hell, I'll ask him to dance.:p

I love to dance so it doesn't bother me, but when I question some of my friends that always turn a brother down, this is what they say.
I feel ya on that Jocking you at the club thing:redhot: I usually dance when a guy asks me.:cool:

Re: Agrees with philharmonic....to a certain extent

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

I'm glad you said that....kudos to you!

Jelli:

I DO ask women to dance, but sometimes...some women act as if they want you to sweat them. There have been times when I've asked a woman to dance, and she'd have this stupid look on her face. I then just turn around without missing a beat and ask someone else. Later on (after "noticing" the brotha on the floor) then smart smiling and motioning over...why? You had the chance when I asked you!
I really think that some women feel that they are doing brothas a FAVOR by dancing with them...as if one should feel honored or something...PLEEZE!

Plus...brothas don't like to dance with females who act as if they're "too cute" to dance.
I've left a few women on the dancefloor who try to come with that "fragile-two-step" ish! Dammit, if you don't want to dance, then get yo azz off the floor! :D

And don't EVEN let me get on the "Posse Crew" who are composed of at least 5 women, take up the biggest part of the floor, and get OFFENDED if you ask one of the crew to dance! :mad:
The bad part is that I've actually see women like this COMPLAIN at night's end about the brothas not dancing, when in fact, THEY were the ones dancing in a "femisphere" the whole night.

It's a trip.

But on the real...some women DO look unapproachable. If you want someone to ask you to dance...take that dayum frown off your face! ;)

Originally posted by saniyya
Hell, I say get on out there and dance by your damn self.:D

rofl.gif

I understand what the fellas are saying! When I was club hopping with da girls, guys would ask me if I wanted to dance. I would say no thank you...why? Because I am the only black person in the USA that cannot dance. Yes I was at the club, but only to hang out. Of course the guy thought I was fronting because he thought I didn't want to dance with him. I'm like no...your nice for asking, but seriously I can't dance. Every now and then when the "water" was tight, I would go on the dance floor just to prove a point...then they're like damn baby...you were not playing. LOL

Originally posted by BluBlood

rofl.gif

I would go on the dance floor just to prove a point...then they're like damn baby...you were not playing. LOL

LOL:emlaugh:
I hear what you're saying BluBlood, I have friends like that (who can't dance) we usually wait until the whole floor is just about crowded and then give it a go.:)

<b>JELLI</b>

Baby, you live in Houston. My first experience here was such that I needed to have Whitney Houston's money or look like Halle to get a dance!

I have found that unless the men in Houston were from Louisiana or somewhere else, they are too stuck up to ask you to dance! They walk around like their **** doesn't stink with their tight shirts on looking like flaming faggots! Heck, they might have been! Ha ha!

In Houston, it is a lost cause. Now go just about ANYWHERE in Louisiana, and you won't have a problem.

Out here there's no need to ask. All da chicks are on the floor shakin their azz, and I get off the floor when slow songs come on anyway. :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

well from my experience in the club women rather get their drink on then dance with a brother
I am not a big dance and I have found that women try using a man in a club to buy drinks it is funny to watch brother after brother, but after drinks arrive all they get is the cold shouder

Please take note of the name above my avatar. The first place I head for when I enter the club is said dance floor and I don't step off until I'm ready to leave the club.

If you can handle my jelly, then I don't care what you look like ( bad breath is an exception though :( .) Because personally, I go to the club to shake my arse. Not get numbers, drinks, or jocked.

Ohh! I think Soul Train just came on. I'm out!!! :D

.....speakin of dancin

when I go to the club I usually just chill in the DJ booth and watch my cousin spin the records. I can dance but I choose to just sit back and puff a black and sip on some dranky drank. Well at this particular party I was doin just that and the party was off da chain...my cousin decides to put on the song "Love" by Musiq and Im just sittin there singin the words and this fine azz AKA just walks up , taps me on the shoulder and asked "Hey you wanna dance????" I was like huh? cuz I didnt hear her and my cuz was like GET UP NEGRO AND DANCEEEEE!!!!.....I was like Oh sure:idea:!!!!!!

<i>I guess its so uncommon for females here to actually walk up to a guy and ask for a dance that it made me suprised!</i>

so we slow dancin and whisperin to each other at the same time and other females scopin like dayum I didnt know dude could grind like that:confused::idea:......and of course after dat broadz was tryin to get a slow dance!!!!:rolleyes: by then I was ready to leave the club with ole girl:p

I dont usually dance to that <i>booty shake </i> tho cuz I dont see the purpose in getting all rocked up for nothin.....thats why I was feelin that song "Dancin To Close" by Next! females definitely know what they doin when they throw that thang all over the place!!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: Its almost like having some dry sex with ya clothes on.......

You ain't lied tru. I believe some of these females be trying to get dudes all riled up on purpose so they can see....errr feel what you working with. Now sometimes, it's just out of your control and "it" comes up from behind the female and scares her:D. *dayum those slow songs* You sitting there ready to go leave with her or go over your girl house if need be.

Personally, I don't ask, I just just grab a hand, and take the woman to the floor, or if a woman is dancing by herself, and I want to dance, I just go out there, get in front of her, and start dancing.

However, I do feel the brothers, who say they don't ask females to dance because of the attitude that projected by them. Sometimes, I just set back, and watch females diss every brother, that comes their way.

I see brothers try to get their holla on (or at least a dance), and sista's will tell them no, then he'd offer a drink, and she'd accept the drink, and still ignore main man.

Sista's, I feel y'all as well, because I've seen the brothers, who think it's more than a dance, and want to hang on all night, especially if you're one of the women that's throwing that thang, in the right skirt. But you can't blame a brother for trying.

NICE

Originally posted by Mr. SWAC
You ain't lied tru. I believe some of these females be trying to get dudes all riled up on purpose so they can see....errr feel what you working with.

I know that's right! The funny thing is that that's exactly true! Quite a few girls have revealed that to be. I have no problem with it...cuz I might wanna see what she's workin' wit, too! :D
But fellas...be careful! :(
If you don't have DC*...I wouldn't suggest it. ;)
<font size=1>*think back to AMG....*</font>

NICE:

Actually, I'd rather just walk up to a girl who's already dancin', too (I don't like to grab hands...too many crazy women).
I remember one time I walked up to this girl who was already groovin' and started dancin' with her. This gave this funky look, then STOPPED dancin' and just stood there. :eek:.
Without missin' a beat, I just turned around and grooved with this chick right behind me. No more than two minutes later...guess who I feel dancin' behing me with her hands on my waist and a silly grin on their face? :rolleyes: :D
Hell, this is just a dance...there is no need for anyone to sweat you.;) :p

Another method that works is to get out there and groove by myself for a lil bit. And don't let it be some reggae or dancehall...it's ON! :D
That's when the ladies usually do just come up to you...in numbers.:cool:

Hey Tara...

Do you think that *I* can handle your jelly? ;)

Of course, it helps when you go to the club WITH your dance partner! That is a guaranteed dance!

Nnnny, I feel you on that one too! Just cuz you want to dance doesn't mean you want to take the person home! I've seen you in action....and you can dance! LOL

Now, if you go to Mississippi...this place called Jazzy's... You can dance with any and everybody as long as you don't mind them having a Jheri Curl or mind them sliding between your legs on the dance floor! :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Are you talking from personal experience or just in general. I go to the club every weekend and I see guys asking girls to dance all the time. Michael Jackson said to start looking at the man/woman in the mirror.....just my .02

NN

Originally posted by jelli
Why Men don't ask women to dance any more? Inquiring minds want to know or just jelli wants to know.:confused:
baby15.gif
baby80.gif

Back