Who is to blame for this injustice.

kkpsi10

Was it me, or did any one else notice the "Bafoon" head official at the Valley vs. SU game on MBC?

He was looking around, fumbling all around every time he made a call. He didn?t know which way was up and which way was down. He never knew what down was being played or which direction the ball was going in. This happened repeatedly throughout the game.

We all know that there are some very intelligent black men and woman in the world. I was watching the Louisville, Kentucky game. The head official was black. Totally different posture and demeanor. Hell, he knew what he was doing, bottom line.

Two of the many black officials in the NFL, one of which is the head of officials, Johnny Greer, are very good and some of the best.

Why can't the premier conference for black college football, find some decent officials? What is the problem and who is to blame for this injustice.

Thats typical acceptable SWAC officiating demeanor and officiating. Thats the crap we and the SWAC office have put up with for the longest time now.

Originally posted by kkpsi10
Was it me, or did any one else notice the "Bafoon" head official at the Valley vs. SU game on MBC?

He was looking around, fumbling all around every time he made a call. He didn?t know which way was up and which way was down. He never knew what down was being played or which direction the ball was going in. This happened repeatedly throughout the game.

We all know that there are some very intelligent black men and woman in the world. I was watching the Louisville, Kentucky game. The head official was black. Totally different posture and demeanor. Hell, he knew what he was doing, bottom line.

Two of the many black officials in the NFL, one of which is the head of officials, Johnny Greer, are very good and some of the best.

Why can't the premier conference for black college football, find some decent officials? What is the problem and who is to blame for this injustice.

Why is this suprising?

I was not that it was so surprising, I just think that I have grwon tired of this foolishness. They have managed to make a mochary of the SWAC at times and to me, that is unacceptable. We need to do something about it.

I wonder if the SWAC office feels the same way?

Probably not.

This is the very ISSUE that AAMU tried to raise when we first came into THE SWAC. There are some (not all) very poor officials in THE SWAC that have very poor mechanics, and extremely poor field presence!!! They don't know which end is up or down! They very seldom think ahead for all the possibilities that could happen in a given situation. Some seem to have no idea as to what the game is all about.

The schools of the SWAC, the players, and they fans DO NOT EXIST and COMPETE to showcase ANY OFFICIAL. The best officials control themselves and the ball game in a professional manner. They do not allow the game, the HYPE, or ANY Coach to control them. They call it honestly, truthfully and most of all FAIR. You can say what you like about Rudy, but, know that he had started trying to clean that isht up. He stopped the schools from putting the officials up in certain hotels stocked with Black Jack, Gilbrey's, Henn, Crown and WOMEN!!! He stopped the schools from paying the officials directly instead, opting to have them paid directly by the SWAC Office.

Some of these officials MUST have pictures on somebody..........'cause I'll be dayumed if they know what in the "L" they are doing on a football field?????

These individuals have never heard of a pre-game in dept review or a post game review immediately after leaving the field (not two hours later over a steak, baked potato and two stiff drinks.

The officiating(and some of the OFFICIALS) in the SWAC.......STINKS!!!!!!

(Yes, I have 25 years officiating experience on the HS and College level and I am qualified to critique their sorry displays of attempting to officiate)

Originally posted by STRAWDOG
(Yes, I have 25 years officiating experience on the HS and College level and I am qualified to critique their sorry displays of attempting to officiate)

So do you have 25 more years left in you? I'll pay for your uniform. :D

Originally posted by STRAWDOG

Thank GOD for a minute ther I thought I was crazy.

:lmao:

Did anybody see him swat the mosquito while he was announcing a penalty :lmao:

Talk about some ghetto isht!! That was funny!! :lmao:

But yeah, we do need something done about the officiating.

;)

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
So do you have 25 more years left in you? I'll pay for your uniform. :D

Blacknbengal.....
There are times that I do miss officiating but then I come to my senses and defer to my better judgement at this time. After I was an alternate for 3 years for the SEC and they never came through on a permanent teaming arrangement for me, I decide that it was time to hang my whistle up. The High School scene had run it's course. It wasn't that I was not enthusiastic about HS ball anymore, it's just that I promised my self when I got into officiating that I would not be one of those officials who hung on for years, one who end up not being able to cover well or whose concentration on football wasn't what it should be. I still have my old uni's but at last I think that my Officiating days are behind me. I am still involved with football and other sports in another capacity at this time.

BTW, I do still study my HS and Collegate Rules and of course I feel that I could still do a great job on the field but..........my common sense tells me to keep my azz at home by the fireplace watching at a distance.

Later...

I think the Officiating issue ultimately comes down to money. We get what we're paying for... There are hundreds, if not thousands, of capable, qualified Officials out there (currently officiating HS games) who'd love the opportunity to Officiate on the college level. But money is an issue.

When the SWAC makes the committment to pay for 'quality', we'll get quality. But until then, we're stuck with 'mediocrity'.....

:shame:

I think...

it's more than the SWAC. I have seen the Southland Conference officials, the MEAC and the Conference USA ref's and they ALL are lacking in many areas. We tend to bash our own boys a little harder. Not saying they are equal, (by no means) but saying that they exist at all levels. More money might not be the whole answer, but it could convince me that at least they would be held to higher standards and invariably higher professionalism!!

Just mho!

Back