Who does NOT want some type of hope/comfort/peace in your life?

MsJag4Jag

From whence do you get comfort/hope/peace,

<font color=salmon>

1. Self
2. God
3. Religion
4. Faith
5. Significant Other
6. Family
7. Job
8. Sports
9. Alcohol
10. Drugs
11. Sex
12. Other ____________

Please explain why you need or desire comfort/hope/peace. Please explain why you chose the entity that gives you a sense of comfort/hope/peace.

Do you know the purpose you are on this earth? Please elaborate in any way that gets your point across. </font>

Ms. Jag4Jag,

This is a very profound question. I'm going to have to give this some thought. Very interesting. Hhhmmmm.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wow, my boss is away, and now I am being asked to think

1. God is first in my life and I depend on him for love, guidance, forgiveness and mercy.
2. Faith, of course in God's word because it is the map that will direct me in all areas of life.
3. Family gives me an opportunity to give and receive unconditional love, support, to share in fun times, trying times and to make life's journey facinating.
4. Friends for the love, fellowship, someone to talk and share experiences and to help keep me focused.
5. Job. No work, no eat, little work, unfilled dreams. Since it's necessary for life's comforts I make an effort to give my best and have good relationships that not only keeps out stife, but keeps me healthy.
6. Sports for the competitivenss and team efforts.

My purpose in life is to seek and develop the talent that God has given me that is unique to me and use it to glorify Him and to leave behind a contribution that will be of benefit to someone else.

what LMBH said & also......

God is first in my life and He works through many different people, things and situations to fulfil me. I only pray that He uses me to be a blessing to others and to bring Him Glory....which brings me to my purpose:

The Lord has only revealed part of my purpose to me to this point in my life. The ministry that He has called me to, besides the common commandments, is mostly giving. I've prayed doors to be opened where I would be able to help someone and God was like, "if I open these doors you gotta make the most of the opportunity" and I was like "lets do it God." The doors He's opened sometimes require door to door witnessing, sometimes christian step shows, sometimes saying "hello" to someone and smiling, sometimes praying with people.

I pray that I'm always positive of what the Lord wants me to do and that I do it. Pray for me and I'll definitely pray for y'all.

nevaehinvesting

God first, Singing his praises second, church work. Most of my life I have done work in or concerning church, especially for things like VBS. I guess I get the most peace and comfort in the House of the Lord!! Church can be a relaxing getaway from the stresses of life it is just you and the Lord.:)

Back