Where did the song "neck" come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

delock

BARBERSHOP COO
Which school was the first to play it in the SWAC. My neighbor is from LSU and he swear up and down that LSU created the song....

I know he trying to claim something....but I need to bust his arse like Arkansas bust LSU.

I'd dare say all SWAC bands if not all HBCU's have played Neck at some time. The LSU cat is not only ignorant of bands but ignorant of music in general if he doesn't know where that came from. :lol:

I believe that the WorldFAME made it famous tho as they played it all over the country on a weekly basis before other schools included it into their routine.

I have not even read the other post but let's end this now.

EVERYBODY PLAY THAT SONG WHEN IT CAME OUT.:xeye:
End of story.....................Nobody copied nothing.

Except LSU 25 years after the original release. :lol:

Correct. :lol: They are always trying to claim something when they have no rhythm for anything. :lol:

I mean honestly, does it matter who played it first? Neck is just one of them songs like "I'm So Glad", "ESPN", or "Spirit (Old Time Religion)," EVERY HBCU have their own version. If you ever listen to the real song, it has so much stuff happening it. It is just one of those songs that you can play around with. That is also why everybody's version does not sound the same. Even if you take a piece from everybody's band and make one version. As far as LSU playing it, well SU has playing it for years and since they are not too far one another; LSU probably stole it from SU. Isn't that common, "The white man steals from the black man and takes the credit?"

One of my most memorable versions of "Neck? was when Texas Southern came out of the tunnel at Rice Stadium blowing it in the mid 1980's.

Because I would like to know for myself and to put my neighbor in check. Is it a problem for me asking a band related question in a band forum?

No, it's not a problem to ask. I just wanted to know why it was important on who played it first.

Too often on this board do we argue over petty, meaningless things just to claim some kind of 'bragging rights'--- such as who played a popular song first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back