What two teams are in the driver's seat as far as the SWAC Championship

Yeah...big bad Gram will come out of the West. The East is still too close.

This weekend, SU will be pulling for J-State to beat Gram because they need the help in the standings.

Alcorn, Bama State and AAMU will be pulling for Gram to beat J-State to help them.

The Wild and Crazy SWAC!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Actually, there are 4 teams that, if they win all remaining games, they'll be in the SCG.
Those teams are:
  • Grambling--They've shown that they have the talent to win and are ahead of TnSU to be the best in BCF.
  • Southern--Lost to Jackson, but if they win out including the Bayou Classic they'll represent the West.
  • Alcorn State--probably won't beat Jackson State, so that leaves...
  • Alabama State--They'll need help from two of Alcorn's opponents because they won't beat Grambling.

With that I think the East is up for grabs and the West will come down to the Bayou Classic. What else is new?

ONE GAME AT A TIME. WE'LL TAKE CARE OF OUR CUZINS IN MISSISSIPPI..THEN IT'S ON TO B-HAM...AGAIN!!! WHAT ELSE IS NEW

This weekend is going to tell a lot. At this point, I don't see a team losing 2 SWAC games and making the SCG. With that said, AAMU, MVSU, UAPB, TSU and PVU are pretty much done for this year

I see it like this in the EAST
If Alcorn, Alabama State, or JSU loses this week, it's going to be tough to make it to the SCG without some help

In the WEST
GSU can afford to lose this week but has the toughest remaining SWAC schedule. Still have to face Kennedy/ASU and SU.
SU has the easier schedule until the Bayou Classic

The U controls our own destination with a softer schedule than Gram. Simple!!! SU beats P.View, MVSU, TXSU & Gram and we are SGG bound. Also, Bama St. controls their destiny also (head up win against JSt.) This JSU/Gram matchup is pivotal this week end, but regardless of whom wins SU is very much in the Mixxxxx!!!. Dont bet the rent against the Jags.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Yeah...big bad Gram will come out of the West. The East is still too close.

This weekend, SU will be pulling for J-State to beat Gram because they need the help in the standings.

Alcorn, Bama State and AAMU will be pulling for Gram to beat J-State to help them.

The Wild and Crazy SWAC!!!!!

SOG

Maybe I'm wrong, but I at least credited you SOG with at least knowing the facts.

1. SU doesn't need JSU's help. The winner of the BC represent the west as long as they are at least 1 game apart. I hope you understand this. Last year SU and GSU were more than 1 game apart and the loser of the BC represented the west, Grampa if you remember. SU has only lost 1 game, so SU beats Grampa, SU represents.

2. Bama State doesn't need Grampa to beat J-stank, they already hold the tie-breaker edge. The only way they care that Grams wins, to give them space if they can't beat grampa.

3. Alcorn could care less, their game against Grams didn't count, if they win out, they will represent east cause they got the tie-breaker with ASU, the corn doesn't play SU and this could be their year in the CCC.

4. A&M is the only team that needs ya help, cause they already got two losses. They can't afford to tie-Jstank since they got the tie-breaker with them, so they need somebody else to beat them too. A&M need teams to beat ASU and the Corn, they just need help.

Finally, Grampa you can come to the BC undefeated, and if you lose this year you can't go to B'ham. But there is always the playoffs.

I'm not smacking just enlightening.... but I know SOG, you thinking that Grams will run the table... First of all don't sleep on the Refs in J-town and Kent at the same time.

Originally posted by Timbuktu Jag

Alcorn could care less, their game against Grams didn't count, if they win out, they will represent east cause they got the tie-breaker with ASU.

TJ,

Alcorn's game against Grambling DID COUNT in the standings. Alcorn only plays seven SWAC games this year, and they ALL COUNT. So Alcorn has one SWAC loss. But they do hold the tie breaker against Bama State by virtue of their win.

So, as far as the East goes, Alcorn is in the driver's seat. But Bama State is in the passenger's seat, and lookin' real hard at the sterring wheel.

T-Jag was right Duece; Gramblings seven games are:

Ala A&M, PV, Pine-Bluff, JSU, Tex. Sou, Ala. State, & Sou.

The GSU-Alcorn game counted as a SWAC game. The GSU-A&M game did not count (this is according to the Schedule that Kenn provide...it has conference games in Bold print)

Alabama State will fall just like they did last year. ASU is not so that they cannot be beaten. UAPB, AAMU, and Gram all have a chance of beating them.....and a dayum good chance.

JSU needs to beat Gram this weekend. If we do, we will be in B'ham. BOTTOM LINE.

Originally posted by Deuce
Alcorn's game against Grambling DID COUNT in the standings. Alcorn only plays seven SWAC games this year, and they ALL COUNT. So Alcorn has one SWAC loss. But they do hold the tie breaker against Bama State by virtue of their win.

I thought that our game with Grambling didn't count. I thought that the rule was that two games against the other conference would count. How are all three going to count?
We play PV this weekend and play UAPB on November 24. I thought that those two games were the ones that counted for us. I was told the Grambling game didn't count.

Here's the seating line up today:

Driver Seat: Alcorn and Grambling

Shot Gun: JSU and Southern

Back Seat: Alabama St, Alabama A&M

Trunk: Pine Bluff, PV, TX Southern, MVSU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ice,

JSU is in the back seat!!!!!
They have one loss
We have one loss
Their one loss is to us!!
They're in the back!!!!!

LOL@Duece
"looking real hard at the steering wheel"
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Ice Man,

JSU is not in the driver's seat, passenger's seat, back seat or trunk.

As of October 6th they are officially . . .

Road Kill ! ! !

TimJag,

1. SU doesn't need JSU's help. The winner of the BC represent the west as long as they are at least 1 game apart. I hope you understand this. Last year SU and GSU were more than 1 game apart and the loser of the BC represented the west, Grampa if you remember. SU has only lost 1 game, so SU beats Grampa, SU represents.

What I am about to say is not smack and it is not hate. I don't think you will beat Texas Southern this year. I really don't. One more SWAC loss and your season is over. IF JSU should beat us and SU loses to TSU you still have a chance in the BC, which is unlikely.

2. Bama State doesn't need Grampa to beat J-stank, they already hold the tie-breaker edge. The only way they care that Grams wins, to give them space if they can't beat grampa.

That is my point. Bama State will not beat Gram!

3. Alcorn could care less, their game against Grams didn't count, if they win out, they will represent east cause they got the tie-breaker with ASU, the corn doesn't play SU and this could be their year in the CCC.

Alcorn's game against Gram did count.

Hey, what can I say. I have the BIG HEAD! There is not a team in the SWAC that will beat Grambling this year. The SWAC title is ours.

Yes, I am biased. But I am keeping it real.

Originally posted by Ice Man
Here's the seating line up today:

Driver Seat: Alcorn and Grambling

Shot Gun: JSU and Southern

Back Seat: Alabama St, Alabama A&M

Trunk: Pine Bluff, PV, TX Southern, MVSU

<H3>THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME</H3> JUST CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!

Noise Talka makes a valid point. Alcorn doesn't have anything on lock. Grambling is the only people to have anything on lock till this friday. I honestly want jsu to win so itll be another Jsu/Su Championship.

Alcorn... DRIVIN'!!!!!

Blaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! ha ha haaaaaa!!
:eek: :eek: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :p :D
Yeah...uhhhh, okay. ;)
*shakin' my head- PV will beat them by 3*

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
How the L is Alcorn in the drivers seat?

NT,

I'm only gonna say this one time. Hopefully you'll get it.

Alcorn is the ONLY team in the East who controls its own destiny.

Period.

Alcorn is the only team who can go the the SCG simply by winning its remaining games, without depending on any other team in the East to lose (to a team other than themselves).

JSU can't do it alone. They need a Bama State loss.

Bama State can't do it alone. We need an Alcorn loss.

A&M can't do it alone. They need losses by Bama State and JSU.

Miss. Valley can't do it alone. They need divine intervention.

At this point, only Alcorn CAN do it without outside help. Whether or not they WILL do it is another debate. Personally, I don't think that they will. But that's beside the point.

Duece,

Amen, those in Reading 101 should be able to understand. Next week we could have different drivers and a few more in the trunk.

MH,

Why don't you swap seats with JSU when we stop for gas. I'm tired of that noise from the back seat. "Are we there yet! Are we there yet!"

Back