Web Development Pricing

BLAQUE PRINCE

Fug <insert your school here>!
Does anyone have any monthly maintenance fee rates that they could share with me. I'm looking to charge a monthly fee to stay on call for limited updates and changes made in 72 hour time frames to websites. Or the other option would be to build in content management and charge a monthly rate for access to the system.

BP,

Will you be hosting the sites? Because that is the only way that it will work if you want to charge a monthly service fee. However, if you are not hosting the site and the client has no CMS, then you best bet is to charge on a per issue basis...maybe $25-35 hour. If the client does have a CMS then I am not sure why you would need to charge them if they can do it themselves.

Your best best is to offer hosting and provide them with a all in one solution (hosting and website maintenance). It is much eaiser to sell.

Kenn Rashad said:
BP,

Will you be hosting the sites? Because that is the only way that it will work if you want to charge a monthly service fee. However, if you are not hosting the site and the client has no CMS, then you best bet is to charge on a per issue basis...maybe $25-35 hour. If the client does have a CMS then I am not sure why you would need to charge them if they can do it themselves.

Your best best is to offer hosting and provide them with a all in one solution (hosting and website maintenance). It is much eaiser to sell.

I do offer hosting and also custom or package CMS solutions. If they go with custom CMS I just rasie the design fee. I am developing a package that I will either sell or let them pay for access to it. I think it would be good to offer on both a per issue and per month basis. If you know the per issue updates will run over the cost of just paying the monthly fee then you may as well pay the monthly fee.

As for people that choose to host with someone else I can still take care of them as long as I have server access which I would most likely have in order to publish their site to begin with.

Back