USAA

MsJag4Jag

Any military folks here? MAKE SURE YOU GET IN USAA before you leave the military. You can do your banking with them, car insurance, mortgage...everything. ALL ATM fees are eliminated as well because they don't have a bank on every corner. If you get paper checks, you can fax it to them and they deposit it in your account.

I have them for my car insurance, I've been with them since 1985.

I would not suggest you have your car and home owners insurance with them. I've heard some bad stories about people getting their home owners insurance cancelled and they cancelled their car insurance too.

I just can't bank with someone where I can't physically go to a branch office. When I was stationed at Ft Sam, I used them.

I wish I had got in with them. I didn't know the deal when I was in the military. My friend has been with them since 1989 when she was in the Reserve....I was in the Reserve too, but some how I missed the information about them. She's never had a problem with them. She told them she wanted a new Ford Explorer and how much she wanted to pay and the color. They did the deal for her....called her back and told her to go pick up her SUV in Lafayette.

Yes, they will do the car purchasing for you.

I have my truck financed thru them, it was good to go to the dealer and pay my price and not theirs.

We use them. We used to car insurance with them, and changed when we bought a new vehicle in order to save some cash by having 2 cars on one policy. But I keep enough money in 2 accounts to keep them open, and we have a credit card w/ them that has a sub 4% interest rate. I just want to be able to use them when I want to (i.e. car, etc.) so I will keep the accounts, even after the Mrs. leaves the Navy.

We use them. We used to car insurance with them, and changed when we bought a new vehicle in order to save some cash by having 2 cars on one policy.

You know they give multi-car discounts?
I have 2 cars with them and get the discount for having more than 1 vehicle on the policy.

If you find a way that I can get back in, please let me know.

Suge, they do multi car discount and house insurance too...

Looks like I'll be dropping Geico soon, the wife's been suggesting the switch and since you guys haven't had any problems w/them. I know that multi car discount/ military perks should make a nice difference.

You know they give multi-car discounts?
I have 2 cars with them and get the discount for having more than 1 vehicle on the policy.

Yeah I know they will do that too, but it wasn't a better deal than I was getting with SF. I don't have an issue switching coverages. As long as it is a reputible company, and I have a good experience with them, I will take the better deal. They just couldn't out do SF, especially when I needed flood insurance for the new house......

I have been with State Farm since 1991 for auto insurance. I then went w/ State Farm for homeowners insurance in 1998. In 2004 we bought a new house, but State Farm was not writing any new Home Owners policies in Texas, due to Katrina and the massive mold claims in Texas. BUT, since I was a long time customer, then wrote me a new policy for our new house.

I have been with State Farm for over 15 years and no matter what my driving record is, the will always cover me. Allstate gave me a quote and said they couldn't TOUCH what State Farm was giving me. I know people paying more in insurance for 1 car than what we are paying for 3.

I guess the moral of the story is get with you a reputable insurance company and stick with them. Savings come with longevity, multiple policies, etc.

Yeah I know they will do that too, but it wasn't a better deal than I was getting with SF. I don't have an issue switching coverages. As long as it is a reputible company, and I have a good experience with them, I will take the better deal. They just couldn't out do SF, especially when I needed flood insurance for the new house......

You do know that USAA pay dividends on their policy? That dividend could be the differance that could help you. I like the dividends becuase it usually comes in December right before christmas and gives me a few extra dollars on the side.

Back