Upside Down Vehicle Payments

......oh so yall laughin? Funny hunh Mike?? Ahkekekekekeke :whatever:

Cee yeen miss shat! :lol: Terry head still the shape of a potato.

"Snake"

Snake, you had a couple funny, "fucc yous", and "get da fucc outs" ny, you got in where ya fit in.... :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Over the past 10 years, we have owned the following:

1992 Honda Prelude
1996 Honda Civic
1998 Honda Passport
1996 Lexus GS300
2000 Ford Expedition
2003 Chevy Avalance
2005 VW Jetta

I'm almost positive that over the past 10 years, I have spent $200K on all these vehicles. When I factor in the insurance, maint and gas, it may be $250K. Truth be told, I really should still be driving the 1996 GS300 and 1998 Passport. Greed is what forced me to get rid of those cars.

I have committed to CUT THE BS. The 2000 Expedition will be in the family until at least 2010. Avalanche til 2013, and Jetta til 2015.

1992 Honda Prelude
1996 Honda Civic
1998 Honda Passport
1996 Lexus GS300
2000 Ford Expedition
2003 Chevy Avalance
2005 VW Jetta

I'm almost positive that over the past 10 years, I have spent $200K on all these vehicles. When I factor in the insurance, maint and gas, it may be $250K. Truth be told, I really should still be driving the 1996 GS300 and 1998 Passport. Greed is what forced me to get rid of those cars.

I have committed to CUT THE BS. The 2000 Expedition will be in the family until at least 2010. Avalanche til 2013, and Jetta til 2015.
I feel you...this thread has made me change my mind. I'm going to keep my car and pay it off in full. I'm not even going to refinance it...fugg it.

I feel you...this thread has made me change my mind. I'm going to keep my car and pay it off in full. I'm not even going to refinance it...fugg it.

Good idea. If that bad boy continues to give you problems trade it in right before it breaks down. I let you buy the G35 when I get the C300 later on this year.

Good idea. If that bad boy continues to give you problems trade it in right before it breaks down. I let you buy the G35 when I get the C300 later on this year.
It's not giving me problems...I just wanted a new car.

me too W~!

i've had a Grand Am GT 95(mommy traded that in while i was away in college :rolleyes:)
Nissan Altima 99(this was temporary since my mommy traded the car i loved in)
Honda Accord 96
Honda Accord Coupe 99(first car i had to make payments on myself)
Nissan Xterra 06...this is my first alone purchase so i want to pay it off in full.

me too W~!

i've had a Grand Am GT 95(mommy traded that in while i was away in college :rolleyes:)
Nissan Altima 99(this was temporary since my mommy traded the car i loved in)
Honda Accord 96
Honda Accord Coupe 99(first car i had to make payments on myself)
Nissan Xterra 06...this is my first alone purchase so i want to pay it off in full.
Girl, I don't like driving the same car more than 3 years or so. I'm going to start leasing vehicles, when I move my ass back home. I'm so sick of this Rodeo now. **sigh**

1992 Honda Prelude
1996 Honda Civic
1998 Honda Passport
1996 Lexus GS300
2000 Ford Expedition
2003 Chevy Avalance
2005 VW Jetta

:tup:

Imagine if you had put that $200K on your house instead. 10 years ... $200K on the house ... some of us would have paid off the house with that. Once the house is paid off, imagine the cash you could stack if you started to invest what was once a house and car note. :eek:

Like I said before, we have to stop making other people wealthy. We're a lot smarter than that.

yes, interesting read indeed, but I consider my vehicle a sure need, not a want. I'm not going to be carpooling and/or walking everywhere I have to go. Some things are just needed for convenience purposes.

I think the author's point is that you don't need a NEW car. You need transportation and if the car you have is getting you there, you don't need anything else.

:lol: :p I drive 'em til the wheels fall off. :pimp:

Toyota 1990 - 1998
Honda 1998 - & rolling....

:lol: I feel ya. I've had my car now for 6 years, and it's paid for. I have no problems with it. So, I won't be buying a new car anytime soon. And when I do decide to get a new car, I will either pay if off in full or pay it off within 1-2 years.

I am on the wheels fall off program too. 12.29.95 to present... I may cop a new one though if everything pans out this Spring.

Girl, I don't like driving the same car more than 3 years or so. I'm going to start leasing vehicles, when I move my ass back home. I'm so sick of this Rodeo now. **sigh**

i hear you loud and clear! i get that new car itch, but i'ma have to go by some new car sent air freshner to scratch that! :lol: do what works for you ecomonically and emotionally, i know i would be a stone fool to lease in da "A", and plus my brother would crack my skull. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
i hear you loud and clear! i get that new car itch, but i'ma have to go by some new car sent air freshner to scratch that! :lol: do what works for you ecomonically and emotionally, i know i would be a stone fool to lease in da "A", and plus my brother would crack my skull. :lol:
Thanks...:tup:

No, I couldn't/wouldn't dare attempt to lease here in Dallas. Waaaaay too much driving to do...this city is too big for that.

Back