UPSET OF THE WEEK II

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wish Grambling would pull off the upset. But the PAC-10 is much different than it was some 20 or 30 years ago. Those schools now have BLUE CHIPPERS at every position. Southern Cal is TWO Deep in Blue Chippers at every position,maybe even 3 deep.

We'll certainly find out where we are (PVAMU) w/ regards to SWAC competitivity. I like our chances in this game. SU is very talented and very well coached. We need to take advantage of the "green" first year DC. :|

I like our chances for an upset this Saturday. :) Recall fall 1988. :swink:

pbla said:
I wish Grambling would pull off the upset. But the PAC-10 is much different than it was some 20 or 30 years ago. Those schools now have BLUE CHIPPERS at every position. Southern Cal is TWO Deep in Blue Chippers at every position,maybe even 3 deep.

That is true, some of thePAC 10 teams does have blue chippers at every position, but WASSOU is not one of those teams. Idaho was down by 14 points with 1:40 gone in the first quarter. Idaho played Wassou even for the rest of the game. The final score was 38-26. Idaho will get blownout as they usually are when they play LaTech later in the year. The two teams that WASSOU has played are both just a step ahead of ULM. Grambling could and would have beaten of them both. Had Idaho size in the lines been on par with Grambling they would have won that game. I don't think Grambling gonna be the patsy that Wassou hope they will. They really haven't been tested defensively and they were cut up pretty badly by Idaho in the defensive backfield. If Grambling gets ahead early, and WAssou has to play from behind and stray away from their real strength the running game they will lose. Brinks is not Bruce Eugene and Nevada and Idaho, don't have a Hatchers and Patton. Brinks hasn't been hit yet. People on here acting like WASSOU is any thing but a 6th place team in the PAC 10. :bump:

jag4life said:
The same Idaho that beat (or came close) LSU a few years ago?

Yep, the same team that gets blownout regularly by conference teams and the conference that Latech won in its first year of participation. :cool:

Glad to hear that you gentlemen are confident about Grambling this weekend. Anyone here actually going to make the game?

No, WSU does not have blue chippers on the two and three deeps like USC. Then again, who does. If they did they would be in contention for the national title also. WSU should be 2-4th place in the Pac 10 this year.

My big concern for this game is the WSU secondary, if your O-line can keep our boys off of your quarterback he may very well be in for a big day.

As for owning the Pac 10, I'm not so sure that two victories over a crappy Oregon State team 15-20 years ago qualifies.

Good luck this weekend, I look forward to a hard fought game, and a Cougar victory. Lisbon Coug

Back