UAPB and PV GAME !!!!!! You ready......?

TooCold2Crab02

Just in case all you other band heads didn't know, the Marching Musical Machine vs. The Marching Storm game has bee moved to H-Town (Houston). It's going to be at Reliant (didn't check to see if it was the dome or the stadium (hopefully the stadium for sound purposes)). Anyway I still hope "Tha Bluff" comes (I'm sure they will). It's still real in the battlfield so I hope it stills goes down like it was already going to. I wonder how anticipated this game going to be as it gets closer and closer?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I had heard some rumors about the game being cancelled as recently as this week. But the game is in H-Town now?? Supakrab, why didnt you mention this when I saw you...

That makes it even better. I gotta research this one a lil.

Originally posted by GoodFella
Say, what happened to the Alamo Classic??

I CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENED. GOOD LUCK WITH THE GAME IN H-TOWN. I'M SURE IT WILL BE IN THE ASTRODOME. PV MAY WANT TO MOVE THIS GAME TO BLACKSHEAR.

kool..i hope its in Reliant not in the Attic dome...its acoustics are horrible
:(

UAPB VS. PRAIRE VIEW

I AM READY FOR THIS GAME. I HAVE NEVER SEEN PV BAND AND I HEARD HOW GOOD THEY ARE. I PLAN ON GOING, EVENTHOUGH IT IS IN HOUSTON BUT I NEVER BEEN THERE EITHER.

On THE REAL!!!!!!!!!!

I will be at this game with my bells on ya dig, probably rollin up as well who's with me????
GBNF

"Words from and NON-Fraturnal person"
D.G.Steezo

From what I hear, the promoters didn't meet a few deadlines and the classic was cancelled and the game moved. It is in the Astrodome (poor choice), I would have rather had it moved back to campus instead of that place since Reliant was unavailable.

Third Party

Yeah that's exactly what happened. Something about the third party in the deal wasn't comprimising but I found out from the football coach so I'm thinking it's pretty sound.

Originally posted by Fiyah
From what I hear, the promoters didn't meet a few deadlines and the classic was cancelled and the game moved. It is in the Astrodome (poor choice), I would have rather had it moved back to campus instead of that place since Reliant was unavailable.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
I CAN IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENED. GOOD LUCK WITH THE GAME IN H-TOWN. I'M SURE IT WILL BE IN THE ASTRODOME. PV MAY WANT TO MOVE THIS GAME TO BLACKSHEAR.

THAT IS WHAT I IMAGINED

the game is on MBC and Blackshear cannot accomodate the TV crews.

a bigger venue was sought plus the weather is crazy at that time of the year so it was basically a better safe than sorry deal

Originally posted by Blu Panther

a bigger venue was sought plus the weather is crazy at that time of the year so it was basically a better safe than sorry deal

I BEG TO DIFFER...TV CREWS CAN FILM FROM ANY STADIUM. THE SITE LOGISTICS PERSON, IF HE IS WORTH A DIME CAN DO IT. I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE A GAME AT BLACKSHEAR WITH 5K FANS THAN ONE IN THE RELIANT ASTRODOME WITH 5K. WEATHER... I SEE YOU ARE NOT A FOOTBALL PURIST :smh: I KNOW MBC IS NEW BUT I'M SURE THE ARE PREPARED TO FILM A GAME OUTSIDE IF IT RAINS FOR IS COLD. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
I BEG TO DIFFER...TV CREWS CAN FILM FROM ANY STADIUM. THE SITE LOGISTICS PERSON, IF HE IS WORTH A DIME CAN DO IT. I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE A GAME AT BLACKSHEAR WITH 5K FANS THAN ONE IN THE RELIANT ASTRODOME WITH 5K. WEATHER... I SEE YOU ARE NOT A FOOTBALL PURIST :smh: I KNOW MBC IS NEW BUT I'M SURE THE ARE PREPARED TO FILM A GAME OUTSIDE IT IT RAINS FOR IS COLD. :rolleyes:

As much as it pains me to say it, I actually agree with Mach on this one.

Well I am now able to predict the outcome of this matchup that we have all been waiting for...

Attic Dome wins by a blowout !!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE
Well I am now able to predict the outcome of this matchup that we have all been waiting for...

Attic Dome wins by a blowout !!!!!!

Don't you mean a drown-out???

NOT.....................

We've had other games at Blackshear(when the NCAA had the TV contract) that was televised. It's no problem, the money being spent to rent the Astrodome will not be recuperated. They could have taken 1/4 of that to accomodate extra fans, the TV crew. They could rent temporary stands for use during homecoming and keep them there for 2 additiional weekends. I'm not talking about no cheap ones either, but the kind they put up at the Texaco Grand Pris the last few years. The company that does that is located in Houston.

I'm getting mixed signals about exactly where this game will be held. Is it at the Astrodome or in Reliant Stadium? The Texans are in Cincinnatti that weekend and TSU is off.

come up to Blackshear and lets see if their ready....if you ever been in that press box, you would find out it was not built to accomodate the press.

There is no space inside to accomodate the TV crew, producers, Sports Information Staff, newspaper reporter, filming staff, officials from both schools, coordinators from both teams at the same time. With a game like that, you got to have an area for food also....where would we put it?

During homecoming, the box was so packed that I stayed outside instead. The past few years, PV did not use the press box to call plays. That will happen this season so we lose more space.

Mach...if it rains at Blackshear and our record ain't that hot in November, the fans won't be there anyway. The dome could be better in that instance since it gives folks who run home every weekend an excuse to come to Houston.

I just hope they promote the game well.

come up to Blackshear and lets see if their ready....if you ever been in that press box, you would find out it was not built to accomodate the press.

There is no space inside to accomodate the TV crew, producers, Sports Information Staff, newspaper reporter, filming staff, officials from both schools, coordinators from both teams at the same time. With a game like that, you got to have an area for food also....where would we put it?

During homecoming, the box was so packed that I stayed outside instead. The past few years, PV did not use the press box to call plays. That will happen this season so we lose more space.

Mach...if it rains at Blackshear and our record ain't that hot in November, the fans won't be there anyway. The dome could be better in that instance since it gives folks who run home every weekend an excuse to come to Houston.

Originally posted by Fiyah

We've had other games at Blackshear(when the NCAA had the TV contract) that was televised.

BOTTOM LINE...SAVE SOME MONEY AND PLAY IN BLACKSHEAR. MAKE THE SOME MONEY OFF THE TV DEAL FOR THE PROGRAM. THIS IS A NO BRAINER...WHAT IS CHUCK THINKING :smh: WHEN THOSE CAMERAS PAN THE ASTRODOME AND SEE ONLY THE BANDS AND A FEW HUNDRED PEOPLE IT WILL BE _ _ _.COM

i remember when Alcorn made the trip down to good ol' Blackshear... I think they sat in the baby dome for about three hours then went home. Oh well.... hope ya'll got some good DVD's cause you may be stuck on the bus if it rains... ( if we play at Blackshear that is)

don't even remind me of that game....they come 8 hours to texas to sit in the dome. Then to top it off, Prof does not let the Storm play against them. We will never get a band in our backyard for quite some time due to that.

Originally posted by s phi s
Don't you mean a drown-out???

LOL... I stand corrected.

I did find one spot in the dome to get fairly good sound from both bands. You gotta sit on the side of the dome opposite the tunnel and perpendicular to the line between the two bands near the bottom of the stadium. Even though you will be much closer to one band and you cant make out all the details for the bad echo you can still get a decent impression of each.

it'll look like GSU and AAMU in the SWAC titile game

OR EVERY PV GAME FOR THE PAST...WELL ........YOU KNOW! :smh: ATTEMPTING TO SMACK A TEAM FOR MAKING IT TO AND WINNING THE SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP :smh:

Back