UAPB/AM&M Alum on ballot for Hall of Fame

Although Mean Joe Green was the best of the Steeler's Front Four (The Steel Curtain), LC Greenwood was my favorite. Man it was just too fuggin cool the way he wore those gold shoes.

Dude made more than a fashion statement, cuz he could really bring it from the defensive end posititon. Growing up, he was one of my favorite defensive ends. (Deacon Jones, Jim Marshall, LC Greenwood, Buck Buchanan)

Hopes he makes it! Other HBCU alumni include John Stallworth (Alabama A&M) Donnie Shell (Fort Valley State) & Harry Carson (South Carolina State). All worthy, but this is a very impressive field of candidates!

BTW===> Has anyone seen James Lofton on television lately? I'm not trying to be cruel, but is he seriously ill or something. The man is guant and looks really bad.

They all deserve it.

Donnie Shell went to S.C. State. Rayfield Wright went to Fort Valley State, but I did not hear his name mentioned. Anyway, he deserves to be in the hall.

Now that you mention it, that sounds right (Donnie Shell & South Carolina State)! I thought that he and Lewis Lloyd (a Steeler's linebacker in the 80's-90's) were Ft Valley alums.

Yeah, I remember Rayfield Wright. That dude was a hellacious Offensive Tackle and constant pro bowl selection. Should definitely be in the Hall of Fame.

Here..Here... for the HBCU NFL HOF Candidates!!!

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Although Mean Joe Green was the best of the Steeler's Front Four (The Steel Curtain), LC Greenwood was my favorite. Man it was just too fuggin cool the way he wore those gold shoes.

Dude made more than a fashion statement, cuz he could really bring it from the defensive end posititon. Growing up, he was one of my favorite defensive ends. (Deacon Jones, Jim Marshall, LC Greenwood, Buck Buchanan)

Hopes he makes it! Other HBCU alumni include John Stallworth (Alabama A&M) Donnie Shell (Fort Valley State) & Harry Carson (South Carolina State). All worthy, but this is a very impressive field of candidates!

BTW===> Has anyone seen James Lofton on television lately? I'm not trying to be cruel, but is he seriously ill or something. The man is guant and looks really bad.

I hear you talking now L.C Greenwood, Ernie Holmes, Mean Joe Green and Dwight White......The Original Steel Curtain.

Q: Didn't all of the above come from HBCU'S except Mean Joe (from North Texas State)

Stallworth deserved to go 6 years ago when his name first came up. He has more catches, more yards, more TD's, more team MVP's than Swann.

We shall see??????????????

Back