TURKEY DAY CLASSIC

Congrats Skeegee. Huff is the best QB I've seen all year and I have seen all the SWAC QBs except PV

MikeBigg said:
Congrats Skegee...I've long been in favor or GSU and Tuskegee having a season opening game. A lot of folk are not aware of the historical link (GSU's founding President Charles P. Adams came to GSU from Tuskegee). On top of that, it would be a very good matchup!

,,, oh my, what an interesting idea. during my era we did play other "icon" HBCUs out of conference like FAMU. I would like to see more of that now. yeah, one of the names I remember from my days on the yard is Adams Hall. don't know if it's one in the same,, off to research.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
J C said:
Congrats Skeegee. Huff is the best QB I've seen all year and I have seen all the SWAC QBs except PV

Thanks JC. Coming into this contest I feared Keldrick Williams because I saw dis mug in Crampton Bowl when he was in high school and I remember thinking at that time after about 3 or 4 series "this guy is going to be good". the guy was classic. I enjoyed seeing him run through the likes of JD and Robert E. Lees (esp at the hands of Sidney Lanier, a now black inner city perennial doormat of high school football in south/southcentral Alabama.) given their perennial high school dominance in MGM. Other than that, please beat (APB and then) Southern at all cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBigg
Congrats Skegee...I've long been in favor or GSU and Tuskegee having a season opening game. A lot of folk are not aware of the historical link (GSU's founding President Charles P. Adams came to GSU from Tuskegee). On top of that, it would be a very good matchup!

Tuskegee founder Booker T. Washington came from Hampton University and GSU 2nd president, Ralph Waldo Emerson Jones came from Southern. I believe Booker T. Washington had a hand in establishing several HBCUs throughout the deep south. Booker T. Washington's national park is located in Franklin County, Virginia near Smith Mountain Lake. Some of you graduates of these great institutions need to go there and research this man past.

JAG89 said:
Quote:
I believe Booker T. Washington had a hand in establishing several HBCUs throughout the deep south. Booker T. Washington's national park is located in Franklin County, Virginia near Smith Mountain Lake. Some of you graduates of these great institutions need to go there and research this man past.

While matriculating through North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University grad school, my friend, and being an undergrad of Tuskegee University as well as knowing the Virginia (errrrrr, Hampton) ties of Booker T. Washington, I was intruiged with being so close to Virginia/Hampton and had to explore. BTW national park was not a long ride from G'boro so I made the roadie. It was fascinating (especially being a small town/country boy from south Alabama that could relate to the setting there.). It was really a moment of i don't know how to explain it but just connection or whatever. Great to see the honor to Booker T. in Virginia after knowing how sacrid he is in the tiny, obscure, eastern Black Belt region of Tuskegee/Macon County Alabama. Fascinating.

MACBFAC said:
TU had a great game plan.executed and just took care of bizzness. Congrats!!!
Good luck in the Pioneer Bowl.

Thanks. Good luck to you guys against ARPB and in the SWAC Championship game.

Go Hornets!!! :tup:

Congrats to the Tuskegee Tigers. They out played, out coached and out cheered ASU yesterday. :nod:

Good luck in your bowl game.

SlickPartna said:
yeah man, congrats and stuff. :smug:

gee Slick, don't be so exuberant man. for a moment there i was beginning to think you were a closet Skegee fan,,, ;)

Jaguar Diehard said:
Lawd, lawd, lawd....

Somebody puhleez give us the scoop on this fiasco! No disrespect to Tuskegee, but we can't have our Eastern Div. champ snoozing on a rivalry and still claiming ownership to a championship crown.

:goof:

So what happen today in the BC. And you have not won the west yet. You were sced of Peanut Butter and ran like a chcken being chased with a hachet in hand. You lost to your rival and dodging Peanut Butter has come back and bit you in the @$$!!!

The old phrase counting your chiks...before they hacth comes to mind!!!

See you in Birmingham, because the SWAC office up there has their heads so far up your @$$, 'til everyone know you are going to win that coin-toss(double-headed as it is)!!!!

:eyebrow:

After coming out of my state of depression, I guess the nice to to say(gritting through my teeth) id\s congrats Farm School East and good luck in your bowl game.:angry:

I'll congradulate you when you:SIGN ANOTHER LONG TERM CONTRACT. Seriously though TU had an excellent game plan and executed it to near perfection. Good luck until next Thanksgiving.

enswaclopedia said:
I'll congradulate you when you:SIGN ANOTHER LONG TERM CONTRACT. Seriously though TU had an excellent game plan and executed it to near perfection. Good luck until next Thanksgiving.
Yep along with the coaches making the adjustments that just did us in.Our team played like SU and Skegee played like GSU

I am SO very proud of my Golden Tigers!!!

CONGRATS, TU, for whippin up some BAMA STATE BOOTY!!! :p ASU, bow down :bowdown: who's your daddy now????

As far as Alabama State being black college champs, yeah right :rolleyes: ........... Ya'll got beat by US and Southern this year.............. :xeye: Go and HIDE with that one................... :sleep2:

I know I'm REAL LATE, but I've been away for a minute, but CONGRATS 'SKEGEE ! ! !

You guys came to play, and WE DIDN'T. :smh:

Good luck in the Pioneer Bowl. :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Skegees QB reminds me a lot like SU's. For a moment, I thought we were playing SU again. Comegy said on TV that his coaching staff saw all the games that Bama State played, and those schools that we struggled against, he used a combination of their plays and perfected them against ASU. So, every year TU can sit back and watch until the last regular season game of the year, and try to perfect it against ASU. It was a good strategy, but our coaching staff should have come out with a totally different game plan just for that game. TU's QB is the best I've seen this year with SU's Ricks running a close second.

Back