TURKEY DAY CLASSIC

cetmo

CIO
This week's Turkey Day Classic Observations - Montgomery Advertiser

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV523tenthings.htm

The following is a list of observations about the Alabama State football program made during the past week.

TIGHT LIPPED

Tuskegee head coach Rick Comegy was surprisingly quiet last week about Thursday's Turkey Day Classic matchup with Alabama State.

When asked about the excitement surrounding the game, Comegy said he wasn't sure about it because the Golden Tiger coaches had been on the road recruiting.

When asked about his team's excitement, Comegy simply said, "I don't have a comment on that."

When asked if he would prefer not to play the game, Comegy again gave a "no comment."

When asked if the game would be played next year, Comegy said, "I don't make those decisions."

Obviously, there is something going on here.

STYLE POINTS

You've got to hand it to the Jackson State fans. They're a creative bunch.

While most disgruntled fans are using the overused www.fire(insert head coach's name).com to express their displeasure with the head coach, the JSU fans have a different Web site name.

Fed up with the Tigers' play under head coach James Bell, fans recently launched www.bellgottago.com.

On the site, you can find the not-so-flattering stats from Bell's first two years at JSU.

Re: This week's Turkey Day Classic Observations - Montgomery Advertiser

Wow,

Josh Moon is "putting it out there" again.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

JROCK said:
Wow,

Josh Moon is "putting it out there" again.
Josh is just telling it like it is.

GoldenTiger1 said:
Who is the best team in the SWAC? Tuskegee Golden Tigers (10-1).

Alabama State, who is your daddy? Tuskegee Golden Tigers
Southern U. is the best team in the SWAC not Alabama State. As you recall we beat them.

Lawd, lawd, lawd....

Somebody puhleez give us the scoop on this fiasco! No disrespect to Tuskegee, but we can't have our Eastern Div. champ snoozing on a rivalry and still claiming ownership to a championship crown.

:goof:

Rick Comegy (and the Tuskegee Golden Tigers) have played Alabama State nine times since 1996 and his record is 7-2. Comegy's current team is an added 2 seconds from being perfect.

Tuskegee's Kevin Huff completed 23-of-38 passes for 370 yards and 2 touchdowns. He rushed for 70 yards and 1 TD. Kenneth Henderson caught 14 passes for 194 yards and 1 TD, setting a new Tuskegee school record for most catches in a single-game. Harry Williams grabbed 3 passes for 103 yards for the Golden Tigers. Defensive end Jordan Brumbaugh broke the school record for most QB sacks in a single-season. He nailed Tavarius Jackson, bringing his sack total to 14.5 for the season.

Tuskegee had a total offense of 464 (370 passing and 94 rushing), while limiting ASU to 280 (190 passing and 90 rushing).

:wavey:

I am sick and tired of hearing about how the SWAC needs to move to Division one and play with the big boys when we can't even beat Div II teams from the SIAC. I have told you people all the long. We are Div II teams masking as Div-IAA teams. I bet the teams from the SWAC could not even win the Div II tournment that is going on now. It is a shame when SIAC teams beat up on SWAC teams every year. Remember when Fort Valley St. beat a Alcorn St. team two or three years ago when they finished 6-5?

:whine:

:what:

Jaguar Diehard said:
Lawd, lawd, lawd....

Somebody puhleez give us the scoop on this fiasco! No disrespect to Tuskegee, but we can't have our Eastern Div. champ snoozing on a rivalry and still claiming ownership to a championship crown.

:goof:

They didn't "snooze". If so, they have "snoozed" quite a bit the last 8 or so years and ASU brass should "Ron Zook" coach Coe. I doubt very seriously they will do that. I think the person who should get the "game ball" is Rick Comegy. This guy is NAILS. He has got to be one of the greatest motivators among the HBCU coaching ranks of this era. How Tuskegee will keep this guy is beyond me. :scared:

wahines said:

I am sick and tired of hearing about how the SWAC needs to move to Division one and play with the big boys when we can't even beat Div II teams from the SIAC. I have told you people all the long. We are Div II teams masking as Div-IAA teams. I bet the teams from the SWAC could not even win the Div II tournment that is going on now. It is a shame when SIAC teams beat up on SWAC teams every year. Remember when Fort Valley St. beat a Alcorn St. team two or three years ago when they finished 6-5?

well the thing that gets me is why do HBCUs get beat down by PWC Div I-AA schools in most cases?! :confused: Jafus, what is the record of HBCUs against PWCs in Div I-AA over the last 10 years??

cetmo said:
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV523tenthings.htm

The following is a list of observations about the Alabama State football program made during the past week.

TIGHT LIPPED

Tuskegee head coach Rick Comegy was surprisingly quiet last week about Thursday's Turkey Day Classic matchup with Alabama State.

When asked about the excitement surrounding the game, Comegy said he wasn't sure about it because the Golden Tiger coaches had been on the road recruiting.

When asked about his team's excitement, Comegy simply said, "I don't have a comment on that."

When asked if he would prefer not to play the game, Comegy again gave a "no comment."

When asked if the game would be played next year, Comegy said, "I don't make those decisions."

Obviously, there is something going on here.

STYLE POINTS

You've got to hand it to the Jackson State fans. They're a creative bunch.

While most disgruntled fans are using the overused www.fire(insert head coach's name).com to express their displeasure with the head coach, the JSU fans have a different Web site name.

Fed up with the Tigers' play under head coach James Bell, fans recently launched www.bellgottago.com.

On the site, you can find the not-so-flattering stats from Bell's first two years at JSU.

Great handling of the week coach!!! OUTSTANDING!!!! LOVE IT!!! :D

Tuskegee carves up ASU secondary

SPORTS_td1126_2.jpg

Tuskegee carves up ASU secondary
Tuskegee's quarterback, who sat out the Golden Tigers' last two games with an injury, returned with a vengeance against Alabama State in the Turkey Day Classic.

Re: Tuskegee carves up ASU secondary

I thought the post-game commentary by Rick "Spurrier" Comegy was particularly outstanding in light of the recent flap over rather the game would be played or not and the copious takes from ASUer and players on the matter, quote:

"This is a great game, and we appreciate Alabama State allowing us to come down here and play in this game."

Yes we are so greatful to the good folk and their generosity at Bama State. :bowdown: :winkgrin:

(ASU, yall better come up with massive adjustments in your secondary before the SCG.)

It's mighty quiet on this board. Where are all of the ASU fans. Where's deuce, macbfac, Mighty Hornet and the gang? Where are all of these folks who said the hornets would drop 40 on TU? Where are all of the hornet folks who thought that "if Clark could score 38 on TU, imagine what our powerhouse offense would do (17 points, 200 + yards)"? Where are all of the post game excuses about how such and such was hurt or how the refs did this and that? I'm missing that. I'm disappointed in you guys.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Shelt a 'Skegee Grad said:
It's mighty quiet on this board. Where are all of the ASU fans. Where's deuce, :nod: macbfac, :nod: Mighty Hornet :nod: and the gang? Where are all of these folks who said the hornets would drop 40 on TU? Where are all of the hornet folks who thought that "if Clark could score 38 on TU, imagine what our powerhouse offense would do (17 points, 200 + yards)"? Where are all of the post game excuses about how such and such was hurt or how the refs did this and that? I'm missing that. I'm disappointed in you guys.

Don't forget Enswaclopdia. I also noticed there was no usual thread started on the game for a blow by blow description of the classic. :confused: Well I guess they were all at the game, so i guess that's understandable,,,, :| welp, i'm sure they will be in any minute now. :look:

TU had a great game plan.executed and just took care of bizzness. Congrats!!!
Good luck in the Pioneer Bowl.

wahines said:

Fort Valley has had some very good teams over the years. But they have not been the best in their conference over the past 10+ years. Albany State along with Tuskegee has.

Do the doggone thang Skeegee.I guess it's true that when it comes to in-state rivalries, all records are set aside. I've seen it happen so I'm a believer.

All I gotta say is...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS INDEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!! :jump: :jump:

MACBFAC said:
TU had a great game plan.executed and just took care of bizzness. Congrats!!!
Good luck in the Pioneer Bowl.

Thanks MACBFAC. Hoping yall take care of business and will be pulling for the Hornets in the SCG.

Congrats Skegee...I've long been in favor or GSU and Tuskegee having a season opening game. A lot of folk are not aware of the historical link (GSU's founding President Charles P. Adams came to GSU from Tuskegee). On top of that, it would be a very good matchup!

Back