TSPN attorneys...serious question to ponder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You know there is always a drunk at the trial... Ghetto Trials that is.......

Originally posted by Dirty
YOU KNOW HE DID IT!!!

runs out of courthouse before being detained
Move to strike juror "Dirty" for cause, Your Honor.

HERE COMES THE JUDGE!

MAY IT PLEASE THE COURT, Thank you Your Honor,

Able co-counsel Robber has eloquently presented our reasons for the foregoing motion to quash the "confession" illegal obtained from our client.

But before you rule on that matter, we humbly ask that the jurisdiction and venue be transferred to TSPN-land. Given the highly publicized facts of this case, the nature of the charges our client, Mr. Lindh, faces, and because the state of New York citizenzy would not produce a non-prejudicial jury panel from which to choose, we respectfully suggest that the First Judicial District Superior Court of Wanton Disregard and Neglect in and for the State of TSPN be the trier of facts. :D

Your Honor, this motion is further supported by a newly discovered evidence that Robber, Esq. and I have JUST NOW discovered and that is:

MAKAHO BEDROCK IS JOHN WALKER LINDH

Given this revelation Your Honor we re-urge that any confessions made by our client, Mr. Lin..er Bedrock be thrown out and that the Courts in New York are ill-suited to handle this matter.

We await your answer.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Re: Re: You know there is always a drunk at the trial... Ghetto Trials that is......

Originally posted by Robber

Move to strike juror "Dirty" for cause, Your Honor.

DAYUM RIGHT!

:::::And I was counting on him!:::: :bawling: :redhot:

Re: Re: Re: FIRST MOTION TO QUASH "CONFESSION"

Originally posted by Robber

Not so fast my friend.

First of all, Your Honor, I object to the reference of Mr. Lindh as "Johnny Taliban" or "JT" or any name other than his given name of John Walker Lindh.

Having said that, the gov't has just argued that at the time Mr. Lindh was arrested and taken into custody, they did not believe him to be an American citizen, so he wasn't accorded the rights of an American citizen, including the right to counsel. And over his repeated requests for counsel they coerced a confession. But as soon as they realized that he was a citizen, they quickly provided him with counsel. AFTER THE CONFESSION. And then they argue that even if he were a citizen, he waived his right to counsel prior to the confession.

Your Honor, this is a classic case of governmental abuse. Mr. Lindh was an American citizen at the time of his arrest and should have been provided his constitutional right to counsel upon his request. The government's refusal to provide him with counsel clearly violates the constitution. Having gotten a confession over Mr. Lindh's request for counsel, the government should not be allowed to mention or infer that Mr. Lindh, in any way, confessed to committing the acts of which he is accused.

The government makes a policy argument that every enemy of this nation would demand an attorney if Mr. Lindh's confession is quashed. Well, if those enemies are to be tried in our courts, then they should be accorded all the rights under the constitution. The 14th amendment to the constitution states that no PERSON shall be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law. Trying Mr. Lindh in U.S. courts makes U.S. laws applicable. They are applicable to all persons, and not just citizens.

Clearly, Mr. Lindh is an American citizen. He should have been provided counsel upon his first request. All interrogations should have ceased until after he had conferred with counsel. However, if the Court questions Mr. Lindh's citizenship, as previously stated, as this case is being pursued in U.S. courts, then U.S. law applies. In either event, Mr. Lindh was entitled to counsel. He was not provided with counsel. The confession was illegally and unlawfully obtained and should be thrown out. QUASHED!!!!
Your Honor this is redicilous. The Defense is standing naked as jaybirds before the nation and trying to tell us that the emperor JT has a new set of clothes. Judge there were no requests for Counsel in this case. JT agreed to cooperate with hopes that things would go better for him if and when he was returned to face justice in America.

Judge as you well know, there are no defense attornies in Afghanistan.The exigencies of the circumstances demanded that Walker be questioned, because he may have had, and did in fact have information vital to our troops in the field and information about the al-queda network.

Bottom line here, is there has been no Government abuse of rights.

Exigent circumstances??? Your Honor, the gov't would have this court trample the most sacred of all individual rights, under the guise of military need, and then use them for criminal purposes. What's to stop a local Barney Fife from claiming that exigent circumstances warranted that information be obtained without the delay of awaiting counsel so that a potential victim might be saved. The right to counsel is absolute. It cannot be ignored just because the gov't has a need to get the information to carry on a witchhunt for Osama Bin Ladin. I am sure that there were other turbanhead detainees at the time that Mr. Lindh was arrested, and the gov't had persons there who could obtain information from them. Mr. Lindh had an absolute right to counsel. This would set a terrible precedent by allowing the confession.

With all this being said and done...

Where do I send my dayum nickel for the bullet?

Freakin' Marines should have shot first and asked later. All's fair in love and war. Sheeeeeeeeesh!
:rolleyes: :eek2: :bawling: :redhot:

Re: Re: Re: Re: FIRST MOTION TO QUASH "CONFESSION"

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
Your Honor this is redicilous. The Defense is standing naked as jaybirds before the nation and trying to tell us that the emperor JT has a new set of clothes. Judge there were no requests for Counsel in this case. JT agreed to cooperate with hopes that things would go better for him if and when he was returned to face justice in America.

Judge as you well know, there are no defense attornies in Afghanistan.The exigencies of the circumstances demanded that Walker be questioned, because he may have had, and did in fact have information vital to our troops in the field and information about the al-queda network.

Bottom line here, is there has been no Government abuse of rights.

To further our argument your honor,

At the point of detainment, certain rights attach to all citizens of these United States of America. The Supreme Court was clear in its decision in Miranda v. Arizona when, in its dicta, it contemplated at what point an individual was under arrest. Surely our client percieved the prosecutorial and police action towards him as a direct violation of his liberty. At the moment they detained him he should have been advised of the reason(s) for such deprivation of liberty, with a clear statement that he was under arrest and FACING charges and then advised of his rights, including that of the right to counsel. The 6th amendment was viable to our client in that situation, albeit thousands of miles away from the natural boundary of this country.

He was not a "Geneva convention" prisoner of war, he was not detained and treated as an Afganistan citizen, immediately he was recognized as a citizen of the United States. The moment he REQUESTED an attorney, the interrogation should have ceased. Only statements made when knowingly and intelligently and uncoerced are valid. The power of the U. S. Constitution extends from its homeland to foreign countries, because it is not where but who...the who is the citizen of this country.

The exigencies of the circumstances that esteemed counsel speaks of did not exist. There was ample time to secure our client, transport him, and NOT question him.

We reurge our motion to quash the confession and let's proceed to impanel a jury.

Re: HERE COMES THE JUDGE!

Originally posted by Seeing Spots
MAY IT PLEASE THE COURT, Thank you Your Honor,

Able co-counsel Robber has eloquently presented our reasons for the foregoing motion to quash the "confession" illegal obtained from our client.

But before you rule on that matter, we humbly ask that the jurisdiction and venue be transferred to TSPN-land. Given the highly publicized facts of this case, the nature of the charges our client, Mr. Lindh, faces, and because the state of New York citizenzy would not produce a non-prejudicial jury panel from which to choose, we respectfully suggest that the First Judicial District Superior Court of Wanton Disregard and Neglect in and for the State of TSPN be the trier of facts. :D

Your Honor, this motion is further supported by a newly discovered evidence that Robber, Esq. and I have JUST NOW discovered and that is:

MAKAHO BEDROCK IS JOHN WALKER LINDH

Given this revelation Your Honor we re-urge that any confessions made by our client, Mr. Lin..er Bedrock be thrown out and that the Courts in New York are ill-suited to handle this matter.

We await your answer.

May it please the court. Your Honor, may I respond to the defense's motion for a change of venue. The defense has filed this motion for the purpose of delaying the trial, not based upon the fact that the defendant would not be able to obtain a fair and impartial trial. The defense has stated that the case has been highly publicized and that is reason for a change of venue to TSPN. We strongly disagree with that contention. The defense will have an qpportunity during voir dire to determine on individual basis if a potential juror will be fair and impartial. To outrightly say so before having gone through the voir dire process that the publicity of this case will influence an individual of sound reason and mind that takes their responsibilities very seriously, as shown by their being a registerd voter, is absurd and a downright disrespectful to our justice system. The justice system is based upon fairness. Furthermore, even suggesting that TSPN will be the proper venue is, in the words of Mike Tyson, ludicrous. That would be prejudicial to the prosecution. It is no secret that all of the voters of TSPN not only will be unduly influenced, but will pay no attention to the facts of the case. They will only be concerned with who needs milk, who is whose baby momma, finding a cure for contagious people, how to stay phat, and do I get it from my momma. Again, that will be unfair and prejudicial to the prosecution.

For those reasons, the prosecution asks that the motion for change of venue be denied because the defense has failed to show that there is prejudice exisiting in the mind of New Yorkers, or that for any reason there has been influence such that will affect the answers of the jurors on voir dire examination or the testimony of the witnesses at trial. Simply put your Honor they has failed to show that a fair and impartial trial cannot be obtained in this state.

As a former Policeman, none of your legal argument will be ignored by the jury and the public. There is no arresting officer because the U.S. had declared war. Your court procedures are for normal cases. Legal arguments have driven policemen to administer justice when the guilty party is caught. The government agencies are trying to get as much information as possible from Walker. By now they have all they are going to get. Therefore he is being put on public display. After a few people make a few dollars on this case and the American public voice their opinion the U.S. Government is going to put him away for good. If he goes to prison, he will be placed in an area where someone will kill him and justice will be served.

BTW, if I need a good lawyer, I will definite call on y'all.

I have too much Milk to deliver, between now, and the reunion. Is there another case, I can be called on to be a juror?

I would be doing our nation, a great disservice, if these ladies can't get there Milk.

NICE

Johnny Cochran rhyme time

If Lindh is not Afghani, he should have been provided an attorney!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wait a minute dammit! Am I the Judge? I thought I was a Juror. Tell me what role I am in all of this.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Wait a minute dammit! Am I the Judge? I thought I was a Juror. Tell me what role I am in all of this.

:lmao: :lmao:

Based upon the fact that the judge does not even know his role...the prosecution and the defense are jointly filing a motion to recuse JUDGE SOG.

If yall can't decide on a damn judge, I'll be it!!!!

Dammitt!!!!!

Put a gavel in my hand and everybody will be in trouble!!!!!

I'll hold all yall arses in contempt for coming to my courtroom with those weak arse arguments!!!!!

:mad: :mad:

Well that settles it!!!!!

I'm the judge!!!! (damn, I like that :D)

But the judge bout to take his arse home for now!!!!

I'll be back in the A.M. to rule on the motions before the court.

Word to the attorneys: Yall still have time to shore up those arguments!

Originally posted by mighty hornet
ummm JSTUS,
meet me back in the judges chambers ASAP!
:p

INAPPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, POSSIBLY SEXUAL HARASSMENT.

<FONT SIZE=18>NOW WE HAVE A MOTION TO RECUSE THE NEW JUDGE.</FONT SIZE=18>

Change of venue :idea:

I will accept the role as Judge if you move the trial to Utah, so I can hang the guilty turncoat and all those who think they want to defend this guilty turncoat.

That sounds a little overkill. Maybe I would spare only one of the Lawyers. Just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back