Training Days: Rolling with The Alabama Crimson Tide

Bighead

Has anyone seen this series on ESPN?

All-Access look inside the Bama football program. Other schools have this Access as well but just not on the SEC channel

You get a look inside a football program and see how the kids are coach. I've been doing this for a minute and that's why I am able to present things on this board that is opposite of what folks post on here which has me stating that folks are still stuck in 1998. The casual fan that would watch this would be open/exposed to a whole new world and see how a collegiate football program is executed. You would literally be forced to look at your own program and see the holes in it. Make you be on some "dayum these coaches in our league are ass" and then seeing how things happens on the field, you'll be like how I am. This is a Pop Warner league.

Before camp, Saban invited all the Freshman's to his house for a cookout and then they all did activities together, jet ski, boat rides. I know our coaches may not have a lake and a boat, but something like this gathering for your FRs,, SOs, JRs and SRs could go a long way the days before camp.

They showed Deiante Thompson graduating, walking a cross the stage and now showing him in the locker room and they all are getting ready for the team picture
They are even showing fans in line trying to get season tickets
You get to see Saban on the practice field joking with the kids
Now they are showing the coaches meeting, Saban is going over plans for the first days of camp. Coaches didn't allow the kids to do a drill and Saban addressed the issue.

They showed the 1st day of Camp, had the Director of Player Development go into the players dorm, waking them up, showed the players waking up, making excuses.

They showed the 1st day workout, with the players entering into the locker room and doing certain work outs.
They even showed a intense work-out that would implement the energy being consumed, when in a game, in the 4th quarter with 5:00 minutes left, scored tied. The work-out is so that their bodies can get use to the 4th quarter. Defense won't be tired.

Defense meeting: All the defense players, with the D.C. showing film and reports from the practice from day 1, the lows and highs, he got on their asses about their effort in practice.

Now they are showing the players, in the film room, units broken, and coach for that unit is breaking down film, QB coach is going over key reads, the Special Team coach is breaking down film in regards to special team, how the gunners should run down the field.

Now they are interviewing players, Jalen and Tug and they are talking about their approach to practice and what Saban is stating to them. They are showing them in drills with the QB coaching them and using football terms.

Now that would be big if we (HBCU) can see this, I know for SU we have QB competition and that would have been great to hear the QBs experiences and how the competition is going and hear the coaches state their points and emphasis instead of watching on the news to give us a 1-3 mins segment

Just showing coach Saban coach doing drills, and you can hear the football terms that I post on here and you can get an understanding on what is meant by teaching and coaching. The rabbit hole runs deep.

"Push Gap Strong" He stated this to the DTs, DTs, push the gap strong, so that the LBs can fill in (split)

Why can't our HBCU take a 8-12k budget and present this within their program, before you 1998 outdated ppl wanna oppose, no it doesn't take 1 million dollars to do this. SU band has done this on a small scale displaying the band and showing out-takes from the season, giving an inside look on the Band season.

You can do this with your football program.

Honest I think our HBCU coaches can learn a whole lot just by watching this cuz they need it.

I think our SWAC programs can do something like this, this would attract more kids and also give your program a younger fanbase and keep your alumni up to date on the football program but the roll-out has to be crisp and it has to cater to a dated innovated audience

Marketing has to be on point

Create story-lines.

Take the template from this show and other school Access and change it to fit "our" format.

Last edited:
Day #2 practice, They have fans in the stands who want to make the practice that morning.

They've showed the fans on fan day, interviewed them. Showed the players signing stuff for their fans and Saban signed football for the kids, the line was out the dayum stadium.

Gave a segment to the PA speaker/announcer that does the play by play for their home games. I've been going to SU home games for forever and a day and I couldn't point out the man in a line up that does the play by play at our home games Lol

Now they are showing Kobe as he gives his speech to the team.

All Access is the chance to make your collegiate transparent to your fans and to give you a chance to gain new fans. We are so in 1998 when everything is closed off smh.

Meh

Schools can do that, but it won't be a grandiose operation ESPN production where the public is getting that intimate all- access to meetings and practices. It's mostly -- from what I've seen -- are schools tweeting out viedo of weight room work, practice highlights and some post-practice interviews with coaches. But nothing overly detailed.

Last edited:
For those 1998 outdated ppl that will try and come up with 1000 excuses on why it can't be done.

Let me present you lazy minded folks on how it can be paid and no it's not 1 million dollar project

You include the price in the season books or you take those 6 figure game checks that you get from getting yo ass blasted by 80 points, you created a budget for this: take 10k out for that season for this project.

You now have a budget to do this and you get students and coaches to work together to present and put on this project. Make it crisp and not on some janky have ass stuff.

Again, look at how SU displays the Band, it's on a small scale and it's parallel to what an All Access is,

My only thing I would say that they need to do or could add is mic' the directors and mic some of the kids and allow them to give their points and emphasis on learning songs, band camp and what all they do in camp, show them practicing within their section. Open the practice and show the director and have him mic'd explaining the show for Saturday's game,

Need more dialog and have and All Access for SU band throughout the Fall Season. Starting from band camp etc

Dude you’re comparing apples to oranges. Alabama had the #1 recruiting class from 2011-2017 and they have waaaaay more money. Once we are able to have foundations set up purely for athletics and bring in 10’s of millions of dollars yearly from donors then let’s talk.

Dude you’re comparing apples to oranges. Alabama had the #1 recruiting class from 2011-2017 and they have waaaaay more money. Once we are able to have foundations set up purely for athletics and bring in 10’s of millions of dollars yearly from donors then let’s talk.

Hell. Just for football alone. Bama made more in profits than like half of our budgets combined

I love the enthusiasm that Bighead exhibits and I'm not knocking it but we just have to put things into perspective. The blue bloods like the Bama's have tons of money to operate off of. If you have the money then you can get the best coach, trainers, assistants, tutors, nutritionists, housing, bribe money, etc. Let's just keep it 100% money makes the world go round in college sports. Bags are exchanged at high schools across the world and that's the bottom line.

I love the enthusiasm that Bighead exhibits and I'm not knocking it but we just have to put things into perspective. The blue bloods like the Bama's have tons of money to operate off of. If you have the money then you can get the best coach, trainers, assistants, tutors, nutritionists, housing, bribe money, etc. Let's just keep it 100% money makes the world go round in college sports. Bags are exchanged at high schools across the world and that's the bottom line.

It's not even Bama doing it. It's ESPN executing the entire production.

True but I bet that at the end of the day it's all about the $$$$$$$$

Those preseason Training Day productions are nothing more than a free advertisment for the university. Bama, or any other school that has participated in them over the years, doesn't have to use any of their own resources.

Let me ask you this:

SU Human Jukebox, do they have millions?

All Access to Bama or a Miami or UTAH football program vs SU All-Access

We are just granting all-access passing giving your fans and potential new fans an inside look within your program.

How is this apples and oranges?

All Access to Bama or a Miami or UTAH football program vs SU All-Access

We are just granting all-access passing giving your fans and potential new fans an inside look within your program.

How is this apples and oranges?

It's about viewership. More people that watch ESPN will watch an all-access to Bama, Miami, or UTAH over any HBCU because they are getting the top recruits and playing in the games that matter to most of their viewers. You see more Apple commercials than Metro PCS right? It's all about dollars and cents. If SU and GSU all access would bring them the types of views that Bama and Miami would bring then we'd be featured on there.

It's about viewership. More people that watch ESPN will watch an all-access to Bama, Miami, or UTAH over any HBCU because they are getting the top recruits and playing in the games that matter to most of their viewers. You see more Apple commercials than Metro PCS right? It's all about dollars and cents. If SU and GSU all access would bring them the types of views that Bama and Miami would bring then we'd be featured on there.

I have to disagree about viewership. I am not asking nor saying ESPN should pick up a SU All-Access.

I'm saying our schools to need on this wave.

SU Band is not on ESPN.

I can't find that clip but you can see the band on the bus entering the stadium of Alcorn

I have to disagree about viewership. I am not asking nor saying ESPN should pick up a SU All-Access.

I'm saying our schools to need on this wave.

SU Band is not on ESPN.

I can't find that clip but you can see the band on the bus entering the stadium of Alcorn

The band has been on ESPN before. Hell Michelle Beal and ESPN broadcast from our campus on game day before then she stepped with the Alphas lol. In college sports brother there are the Bluebloods and then everybody else just like real life. We can’t get there by sitting back twiddling our thumbs saying why they get this and we don’t. We need to learn the system and master it. Problem is they’ve been mastering it for decades while we sat back satisfied.

When I say the rollout has to be crisp, this is what I mean.

Even though this video is short, and it's most take-outs of parts of that day, include a commentary section with the directors and band members

This will attract more ppl to your football program, giving your fans a inside look on your program.

You present an All Access like this, mic up folks and get great take-outs, editing on a level like this. Have you football media team put a package like this to give your fans a look on what's going on inside your program.

Showcase your players, the QBs, RBs, Defense, coaches game plans and discussions, locker room, workouts etc. Fans buying their season tickets, to out-takes and present it just in this format how SU band has done.

Did this take millions of dollars and ESPN?

When I say the rollout has to be crisp, this is what I mean.

Even though this video is short, and it's most take-outs of parts of that day, include a commentary section with the directors and band members

This will attract more ppl to your football program, giving your fans a inside look on your program.

You present an All Access like this, mic up folks and get great take-outs, editing on a level like this. Have you football media team put a package like this to give your fans a look on what's going on inside your program.

Showcase your players, the QBs, RBs, Defense, coaches game plans and discussions, locker room, workouts etc. Fans buying their season tickets, to out-takes and present it just in this format how SU band has done.

Did this take millions of dollars and ESPN?

You’re not getting it. To get an all access on ESPN you have to be on the level of a BAMA or at least in the mix with a major conference. WAFB did an all access on SU yesterday he’ll most HBCU’s don’t even get that type of regional coverage.

You’re not getting it. To get an all access on ESPN you have to be on the level of a BAMA or at least in the mix with a major conference. WAFB did an all access on SU yesterday he’ll most HBCU’s don’t even get that type of regional coverage.

Honestly, you have some HBCU alums that will watch this quicker than their own school. Look, we have to build our brand, and focus on ourselves.

Yep we sit around talking about what everybody else has and what we don’t have. What are the solutions and what can we do about it?

But, black people are something else. They will let a white person treat them like shyt. Meanwhile, the minute, a black person does the slightest thing. They are ready for battle.

Just wait, when we get a little success as a school.

Back