Tooth Extractions

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
um, I've gotta have a tooth pulled due to bone loss. Anyone had this procedure done lately? I've had teeth extracted in the past, but that was soooo long ago and so agonizing that I'm praying the experience has gotten better, since.

I am so dreading this moment. :vomit::dead::(:scared::sick::cry::uhoh:

No it the same old thing no better. Some doctors or more gentle than others. But I had a tooth pulled a few months back. It broke while on a business trip. I bit into a dum dum sucker the night before. The next day I'm eating fish and my tooth chipped. She could not save it. JSU alum is my dentist.

Oh well she hit me with the novacane three times and I could still feel the tooth. She sent me home to come back in a week with antibiotics. I went back she deadened the tooth and I could still feel pain. I just took it and it was out. I will now have to get a bridge or something. Good luck

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No it the same old thing no better. Some doctors or more gentle than others. But I had a tooth pulled a few months back. It broke while on a business trip. I bit into a dum dum sucker the night before. The next day I eating fish and my tooth chipped. She could not save it. JSU alum is my dentist.

Oh well she hit me with the novacane three times and I could still feel the tooth. She sent me home to come back in a week with antibiotics. I went back she deadened the tooth and I could still feal pain. I just took it and it was out. I will now have to get a bridge or something. Good luck
oh, LAWD...:bawling:

I had my top wisdom teeth and another tooth extracted.
The big needle used to deaden the area is nothing nice. Then afterwards the area where the teeth were is so sensitive, I didn't even want soup. And your jaws and lips feel numb. You feel deformed until the numbing medicine wears off. I had the gas med too for the procedure, which was suppose to ease the pain. I told y'all about that experience. NEVER again.

I had to get all my wisdom teeth pulled last year by an oral surgeon recommended by my dentist (the same person she goes to). They put an IV in and gave me some juice and I was out. Last thing I remember was the oral surgeon say was lay back and relax. I didn't see or feel a thing. When I woke up, someone was putting me in my car out of a wheelchair. I did the typical bleeding afterwards but other than that it was a perfect experience. Didn't hurt much at all...

I had to get all my wisdom teeth pulled last year by an oral surgeon recommended by my dentist (the same person she goes to). They put an IV in and gave me some juice and I was out. Last thing I remember was the oral surgeon say was lay back and relax. I didn't see or feel a thing. When I woke up, someone was putting me in my car out of a wheelchair. I did the typical bleeding afterwards but other than that it was a perfect experience. Didn't hurt much at all...
That's what I want them to do to me, but they said it's not necessary. :bawling:

um, I've gotta have a tooth pulled due to bone loss. Anyone had this procedure done lately? I've had teeth extracted in the past, but that was soooo long ago and so agonizing that I'm praying the experience has gotten better, since.

I am so dreading this moment. :vomit::dead::(:scared::sick::cry::uhoh:

I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted last year. They gave me valium before it started. When I sat in the chair, the little helper was giving me gas. I started talking and I remember him asking me what I said. I couldn't remember. I told him, "the medicine, the medicine"....When I woke up, Mike was putting me in his car.

I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted last year. They gave me valium before it started. When I sat in the chair, the little helper was giving me gas. I started talking and I remember him asking me what I said. I couldn't remember. I told him, "the medicine, the medicine"....When I woke up, Mike was putting me in his car.
oh yeah...Imma ask for all the drugs I can get. :scared:

It really turns a painful experience into no experience at all. They were very good at what they did. I came back I think two weeks later for a check up and after that I was good to go.

If you are just having a routine extraction they will not offer gas. They usually only offer gas to patients who are overly nervouse, kids and major mouth surgery. I had gas when I had my three wisdom teeth pulled back in 97. The did some other work too and I was just to figity. All i felt was a lot of pressure.

They didn't even ask or look at the gas this last time.

:tup::tup::tup: All 4 wisdom teeth.
I didn't eat anything for almost two months.

If you are just having a routine extraction they will not offer gas. They usually only offer gas to patients who are overly nervouse, kids and major mouth surgery. I had gas when I had my three wisdom teeth pulled back in 97. The did some other work too and I was just to figity. All i felt was a lot of pressure.

They didn't even ask or look at the gas this last time.
They offer the gas to everyone at my dental office...I ALWAYS get gas, but gas does absolutely nothing for the pain and discomfort. All it does is makes you feel high and woozy. :dizzy:

I want to be knocked the fugg out.

i had a extraction procedure done about 2 years ago and they knocked me out...I woke up like nothing ever happened.:nod::cool:

didnt feel a thing:)

I've had tooth extractions 3 times (I currently have 24 teeth)

1st time - 1986 had all 4 1st molars removed to prepare for braces. The shot knocked me totally out quickly and I don't remember how I got home or in bed. When I woke up, I threw up and my mommy had placed a towel on my pillow & it was covered w/blood.

2nd time - 1992 - Bottom wisdom teeth removed. A shot on each side, knocked me out, came home, towel on pillow to catch the blood & slept the rest of the day.

3rd time - 2005 - Top wisdom teeth removed - Local anesthesia - Wide awake the entire time, he pulled 'em out. I asked if I could keep 'em (OSHA wouldn't allow it.) Drove home and ate soft food for only a day!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I had to get 2 of my wisdoms removed. Let me tell you that DRUGS are you friends when it comes to getting them things OUT of your. I mean it was murder getting them out and TORTURE enduring the pain hours after the procedure. That was the worst thing that I've ever had to experience. And I'm talking about 2 weeks after that ****. I'm glad I can't get the other 2 removed.

I had my top wisdom teeth and another tooth extracted.
The big needle used to deaden the area is nothing nice. Then afterwards the area where the teeth were is so sensitive, I didn't even want soup. And your jaws and lips feel numb. You feel deformed until the numbing medicine wears off. I had the gas med too for the procedure, which was suppose to ease the pain. I told y'all about that experience. NEVER again.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled back in 05. The dentist used gas to put me to sleep. All I remember is him talking to me when he used the gas and the next thing I knew I was awake. My mouth never hurt after having my wisdom teeth pulled. Now braces are a different story.

From what I'm reading so far in this thread, this procedure feels painful. I'm not sure if it is as painful as a root canal. :(

I had my wisdom teeth pulled back in 05. The dentist used gas to put me to sleep. All I remember is him talking to me when he used the gas and the next thing I knew I was awake. My mouth never hurt after having my wisdom teeth pulled.

I had mine done in 01 and he put something in my IV to knock me out. I'on remember much other than I was feeling real good and the denist told me later that not only did I asked him if I could get some of dat to go, but that I was singing during the ENTIRE procedure. :emlaugh:

And I didn't have much pain afterwards either.......and I was only out of work for like 2 days ( I had it done on a Saturday). :tup:

I had mine done in 01 and he put something in my IV to knock me out. I'on remember much other than I was feeling real good and the denist told me later that not only did I asked him if I could get some of dat to go, but that I was singing during the ENTIRE procedure. :emlaugh:

And I didn't have much pain afterwards either.......and I was only out of work for like 2 days ( I had it done on a Saturday). :tup:

:lmao::lmao:I bet the dentist was laughing at you. I bet that was funny.

Wisdom Teeth Pullings

Any of ya'll had your wisdom teeth pulled?

Anybody had all four pulled at once?

How was it? How was the pain after the surgery (with and without the medication)? How long did it take for the swelling to go down?

I'm having mine (3 or 4) pulled on Friday, and I'm :scared: Lawd, I'm scared for real.

Re: Wisdom Teeth Pullings

I had all 4 of mine pulled when my braces came off. They were extracted 2 at a time. 2 were pulled and 2 had to be cut out. I will not lie, the pain was bad after the novacaine wore off. It was bad for about a day. I went back after a week or so to have the stitches removed, that was uncomfy but it didn't hurt.

So the worst of the pain will last about a day.
I'm getting it done on Friday. So I might be OK to go to work on Monday, you think?

I had three pulled at one. They hot me with the gas and novicane and pulled those puppies out. I had my ole lady at the time come by and rub my jaw. It didn't hurt much and they gave me the knock out drugs so even if I felt a slight pain I was popping those pills left and right. I've never had a tooth cut out so I can't speak on that.

Back