Tomekia Reed - JSU new women's basketball coach

PV-PRIDE

Reed-Pix1.jpg

http://www.jsumsnews.com/?p=35237

Tomekia Reed, a native of Jackson, is a longtime coach with a successful career at the junior college and university levels. “I can’t wait to get to work and showcase
Jackson State University is excited to announce Tomekia Reed as the Tigers Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Reed comes to JSU after a successful three-year stint at Hinds Community College.

“Today is a very special day in my life,” Reed said. “I’m extremely excited about being the Head Women’s Basketball Coach at Jackson State University. I would like to thank Dr. Bynum and the search committee for this opportunity. JSU means so much to me. I can’t wait to get to work and showcase our great university and fantastic student-athletes on and off the court.”

“The candidate pool was deep with outstanding, experienced and highly qualified applicants. It’s always exciting to get a great fit,” said Dr. William B. Bynum Jr., president of JSU. “Coach Reed’s energy and passion for this job is outstanding.”

This past season Reed led HCC to a 16-9 overall record, which included a berth in the NJCAA Region 23 Tournament. The 2016-17 team found similar success and finished with a 21-7 record and qualified for a spot in the Region 23 Tournament. In her three seasons at HCC, Reed sported a 47-29 mark. In Reed’s first season, the Eagles finished 10-13, which was an improvement from a 2-21 mark in the previous year.

If you were on your job and made these similar comments read above you would be counseled or terminated. Guys let's show some respect.

1. Well I'm not at my job
2. I would have enough sense NOT to do so in today's environment (and your post is a classic example of someone falling in that mindset of any type of compliment being seen as sexual harassment)
3. Tell me what I said that was disrespectful.
4. We are NOT at my job. We are on a message board. Just wanted to reinforce that. Saying "She's pretty" and posting a pic is not disrespectful
5. I'm a grown a** man. Don't tell grown men what to do or how they should act dealing with "respect"

Back