This is what road rage can lead to. SMH

yvette23

This story touched me not just because this happened in an area we frequent or because we weren't far away from it at the time- but because it really has me rethinking the way I behave sometimes when I'm driving and dealing with other drivers around me. I'll admit that I've done some stupid things on the road and I've seen other drivers do stupid things as well- but I never imagined that a driver's impatience and stupidity could cause such devastation. :(

And I'm even more disgusted that the driver has not been caught, nor have they turned themselves in. :rolleyes:

Woman killed in crash had ‘everything going right’
Camp Creek Parkway accident left 5 people dead; police still searching for BMW

By CHRISTIAN BOONE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, April 13, 2009

image_8546589.jpg

Delisia Carter was finally living the life she deserved, friends and family say.

Last summer the 38-year-old inspirational speaker married her second husband, Robert Carter, 39. In February, Carter gave birth to their first child, Ethan Blake.

On Easter the new family, which included Delisia Carter’s 9-year-old daughter, Kayla, from a previous marriage, went out for a Sunday drive, not far from their south Fulton home. At about 1:45 p.m. Robert Carter’s Mercedes and a BMW collided on Camp Creek Parkway between Butner and Old Fairburn roads, police say. That wreck started a chain reaction of accidents that ended with five people dead.

The Carters, their daughter and newborn son were all killed in the crash, as was a 6-year-old girl riding in another car. After colliding with the BMW, the Carters’ Mercedes spun out of control and hit a Volkswagen, driven by Tracy Johnson, 43, of Atlanta. Johnson survived the accident, but the impact killed her 6-year-old daughter, whose name was not released by Fulton County police

The rest of the story: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/04/13/camp_creek_crash.html

Also her website: http://www.theeagleconnection.com/newsletters/aug08.html

No it doesn't say anything about road rage, but based on how the accident occurred according to other reports I've read (plus I know how these drivers are here in ATL), it just sounds like the BMW in question got impatient and cut the Mercedes off. That's probably why they took off. :smh:

Either way, it's still a sad story and I hope they get caught or at least turn themselves in.

Wow. Are there any pictures of the vehicle from other news sources? Where they wearing seat belts? Sad story no matter what. I wonder if the BMW driver was high or drunk?

I used to work with Delisia. She was the Human Resources person at my job. She was a very nice lady. She always had a smile on her face and tried to make sure that any issues the employees had were handled quickly.
When we found out about this, it was around 5 o'clock Monday evening. We're still in shock about what happened. She left resigned probably some time this past summer. She came in to visit everyone not too long ago. She was more than the HR lady to most of us. She was a good friend. We still love her. This is hard to take.

R.I.P. Delisia.

This is such a sad, sad story. I pray they find the other driver.

Delisia was on "Deserving Design" on HGTV a while back. She received a makeover to her living room and master bedroom.

This is such a sad, sad story. I pray they find the other driver.

Delisia was on "Deserving Design" on HGTV a while back. She received a makeover to her living room and master bedroom.

OMG.....I think I remember that episode......it was just her and her daughter at the time, right? And they did like a mother/daughter photo shoot on that episode? :eek:

This is getting sadder by the day.....I've never met this woman, yet I feel like I know her; I even read her husband's profile and viewed his pics of him and the family on Facebook. Just SAD!!! :bawling:

OMG.....I think I remember that episode......it was just her and her daughter at the time, right? And they did like a mother/daughter photo shoot on that episode? :eek:

This is getting sadder by the day.....I've never met this woman, yet I feel like I know her; I even read her husband's profile and viewed his pics of him and the family on Facebook. Just SAD!!! :bawling:

That's the show. She talked about being homeless for a minute. And she talked about how the living room was going to be used for her TV show.

Sad and heart-breaking. :(

http://www.11alive.com/weather/story.aspx?storyid=129373&catid=274
Search Warrant Issued In Fatal Easter Hit & Run Case
FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -- Fulton County Police executed a search warrant at a home in South Fulton CountyWednesday in connection with a Easter Sunday hit-and-run accident that killed 5 people.

Fulton County Police executed the search warrant at the home on Ailey Avenue in the Waldon Park subdivision shortly after 3 p.m. Wednesday.

11Alive's Skycam showed video of investigators searching a vehicle in front of the home.

11Alive's Keith Whitney who is on the scene reports neighbors seeing SWAT team officer storm the house earlier this afternoon. Those neighbors say no one was in the house when the officers entered the home.

I wish she had just stayed at the scene and dealt with the consequences then.

Never know...it could have simply just been an accident...a very tragic accident, but an accident none-the-less.

Now...she is about to get the book thrown at her. smh

She probably was talking on her phone or texting.

At 6:45 p.m., a plum-colored Ford Expedition pulled into the Walden Park subdivision. When the car went into the garage, three to four Fulton County police officers rushed in as a woman got out of the SUV. A Fulton County SWAT officer then closed the garage door.
Police went into the home, but found no one there, she said.

Where they just going to go on like nothing? I mean, it's been going on 2 weeks now and they where just chillin? I know exactly where Walden Park is.

Chandra Adams, who lives in the same neighborhood as Michael, said when SWAT surrounded the home, she saw the three women pull into the neighborhood and quickly make a U-turn at the sight of police.
Running! :shame:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yeah, that's what it seemed like. They had the car fixed and everything. So unless the girl told her parent or whoever it belonged to a lie as to why the car was damaged- who knows. But they fixed that thang rather quickly.

She probably was talking on her phone or texting.

I wouldn't dayum doubt it. :rolleyes: I was thinking road rage at first the way they were first reporting it. Either way, it's still tragic. :(

Where they just going to go on like nothing? I mean, it's been going on 2 weeks now and they where just chillin? I know exactly where Walden Park is.

According to the other article, a neighbor seen the car being worked on in the garage. So whoever repaired the car need dey azz carried to jail too. :nod: But yeah, I know where that subdivision is too; and it's funny that Snake and I were near that neighborhood during the same time that accident was going on. :smh:

According to the other article, a neighbor seen the car being worked on in the garage. So whoever repaired the car need dey azz carried to jail too. :nod: But yeah, I know where that subdivision is too; and it's funny that Snake and I were near that neighborhood during the same time that accident was going on. :smh:

Everybody who knew something and didn't say anything need to be charged with obstruction of justice or something.

I'm sooooo glad they found her! I was praying like these were my family members that the driver would surface! Thank you, Jesus!

Everybody who knew something and didn't say anything need to be charged with obstruction of justice or something.

I'm sooooo glad they found her! I was praying like these were my family members that the driver would surface! Thank you, Jesus!

Prayer really does changes things.......I don't know why I felt like I knew these people, but I was praying for them as well. And I was so done when you told me where I'd seen Delisia Carter and her daughter. :smh:

But look, check this out- they've been updating that article during the past few hours; now I try not to pass judgement on folks (and this is just my opinion), but that gul folks need to be held accountable as well. :nod: I think that broad probably been getting away with shat all her life because her folks keep running and bailing her out.

“The women that were brought [in for questioning] were Aimee Michael, her mother and her grandmother. I’m told that her mother had sent her on Easter out for some cake and ice cream,” Parker said.

“En route is when the collision occurred. She turned around, she went back home and she put the vehicle in the garage. Did not tell her mother. She told her mother that she did not feel well, had a headache, and went to her room. It is not normal for the mother or the grandmother to ever enter or exit the house through the garage.”

Parker said Aimee Michael “didn’t tell her family for a couple of days what had happened, and finally, she broke down and told her mother what had happened. To my knowledge, the rest of the family did not know for two days. After that, I’m told, they were aware.”

If this is true, then fucc dat- her momma should have suspected something when she brought her azz back home without the cake and ice cream talkin bout she had a headache. :rolleyes: I mean, dayum I understand that she young and probably panicked or what not, but even after two days when the folks found out, they STILL covered for her azz and didn't say anything.

Say what you want, but I know for a fact my family (especially my grandma) would have dragged my azz to jail if it were me and made sure I was held accountable for my actions. That's what's wrong with a lot of these young folks now- parents keep running and covering for them. IMO.

If this is true, then fucc dat- her momma should have suspected something when she brought her azz back home without the cake and ice cream talkin bout she had a headache. :rolleyes: I mean, dayum I understand that she young and probably panicked or what not, but even after two days when the folks found out, they STILL covered for her azz and didn't say anything.

Right! They need to be held for accessory to the crime.

Back