These Are the 9 Worst Brands of Gas in The United States

Olde Hornet

Non-Compliant Gasoline Brands

Several well-known gasoline brands in the U.S. do not meet the TOP TIER standard. These include Amoco, BP, Circle K, Love's, Murphy USA, Pilot Flying J, Safeway, Sam's Club, and Speedway.

Using gasoline from these brands may not harm your vehicle immediately, but over time, it could lead to reduced engine efficiency and increased maintenance costs due to lower-quality additives and potential buildups.

The TOP TIER Gasoline Standard
In 2004, leading automakers including Audi, BMW, GM, Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen, established the "TOP TIER" gasoline standard. This standard advocates for higher levels of fuel additives than the U.S. government's minimum requirements.

TOP TIER gasoline is formulated to ensure cleaner engines, enhanced efficiency, and optimal performance. It is specifically designed to meet the needs of modern engines, which are more technologically advanced and require better-quality fuel.

My truck runs Flex Fuel. If your vehicle runs Flex Fuel which basically garbage gas you can run just about anything in your engine. Newer engines can adjust the fuel mixture unlike older cars. I still run gas treatment in my vehicles though. Never run treatments with flex fuel. Only regular gas.

Back