14. Tulane University

15. Lehigh University

16. New York University

17. Colgate University

18. University of Vermont

19. Southern Methodist University

20. University of California-Santa Barbara

Originally posted by Killer Bees
And to think that people use to say that black colleges where nothing more than party schools.

I have always thought the same thing. Understand. There are some flagship universities (and biggest school in the state) and "elite" privates ones on that list. Everyone should have heard the fuss that the administrators at Mercer University, a baptist school in Macon, GA, caused when their school was on that list. (Or were they? I wonder if there were number one.) Or was the fuss by those administrators because two students posed or almost posed for Playboy? Whatever it was, I had to laugh.

:emlaugh: :p

That was just a nasty rumor the white counselors at the white high schools used to prevent you from going to the HBCUs. Parents heard it and went bezerk!!! Heck...if I'm standing in front of the library with a bag of ranch doritos and "sprite", it can be a party!!!

Is it just me....

Did anyone notice the that 1/4 of those schools are SEC institutions. One thing I stay away from is drunk rednecks. Maybe that why I didn't consider any of those schools when it was time to decide. And I will keep this in mind when it's time for my kids to choose.

Re: Is it just me....

Originally posted by AAMU Big Dawg
Did anyone notice the that 1/4 of those schools are SEC institutions. One thing I stay away from is drunk rednecks. Maybe that why I didn't consider any of those schools when it was time to decide. And I will keep this in mind when it's time for my kids to choose.

It is no joke. SEC schools have reputations for being big party school. The University of Georgia rivals West Georgia for being the big party school in the state. Then again there is Mercer. :D

I find it very, very difficult to believe that the Univ. of New Hampshire and the Univ. of Vermont are, ummm, "crunk" :confused: That alone makes the list kinda suspect at best, lol..

Black people and white people party differently. Im disturbed to see UF at #10. Last year we were #2 behind FSU. maybe this is a different party school poll.

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
Black people and white people party differently. Im disturbed to see UF at #10. Last year we were #2 behind FSU. maybe this is a different party school poll.

The designation by The Princeton Review was greeted unenthusiastically by leaders of the 28,000-student school, which has been seeking to reverse a decade of weak funding from the state and is searching for a new president.

"We've always wanted to be on somebody's short list," joked Richard Rhoda, executive director of the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. "Will there be fallout? I would imagine we will be ridiculed by some over the ranking. But I would hope not in serious circles."

Tennessee, ranked No. 6 on last year's party school list, supplanted Louisiana State University, which dropped to No. 2. Nine of the 20 top party schools were in the South.

The Princeton Review is a division of New York-based Random House publishers. It is not affiliated with Princeton University.

The Review draws up the lists based on a 70-question survey given randomly to some 65,000 students. Students rate their own schools, based on consumption of alcohol and marijuana, and other criteria.

"There are some students here who do party very hard,"

Back