The Ref Took It From the Raiders

Dr. Mac

Player
Bad call on the Replay. The Patriots QB had brought it down and placed his left hand back on the ball. It was a fumble. Tuck rule or no tuck rule; it was a bad call.

Regards.

I agree Doc......

Sad thing is, that was not the only time the Raiders were robbed by a bad call tonight.

Oh well.....now that my team is out, I'm pulling for whoever is playing against the Rams.

Sorry Aeneas........

D

You ain't never lied. How in da hell could the ref miss that on the replay.

Now that my number one team is out........I am pulling for my other number one team the RAMS.

Al Davis, need to have that offical fired.

jag77

I counted about four, especially when the receiver caught the ball across the 1st down marker and was pushed out of bounds. That was a bad spot.:mad:

That spot on the pass play and the fumble no call is enough, in my opinion, for the NFL to keep that officiating crew from calling another playoff game. Especially the referee.

On the first down catch he respotted the ball as a result of the Raiders challenge and then charged them with a time out. The Raiders won the challenge because he respotted the ball after looking at the replay. It was the representative from the NFL office who told the announcers that the Ref has gotten it wrong and that the Raiders would not be charged a time-out for the challenge.

At best, the fumble in the 4th quarter (under two minutes in the game with New England out of timeouts for those of you who didn't see the game: the Raiders were leading 13-10) should have been called inconclusive. Then the Raiders would have kept the ball because the fumble would have stood. Like I said above, this crew, especially the ref, should not be allowed to call another playoff game. Whoever grades them should give them an F.

Unless this crew calls the AFC Championship game I don't think New England has a chance to win and go to the Superbowl. I think the winner of today's AFC game will go. I'll be pulling for the Steelers, but I have a feeling that despite Grabac, Baltimore will win. A matchup between St. Louis' offensive and Baltimore's defense wouldn't be too bad to watch in the Superbowl and, on the one hand, I wouldn't mind seeing this. But since the Raiders are out, I'm offically pulling for the Steelers. I think the Rams will come out of the NFC, but I really don't care who does. Oh yeah, I think the NFC will win it this year regardless of who its rep is.

Regards.

Maybe so, but,,,

As a Cowboy fan, I have no dog in this hunt, but there was still opportunities to stop New England after that play and during overtime. There was also opportunities for the Raiders to score and win the game in overtime. They just didn't get it done. Perhaps the call by the official was demoralizing and/or got into their heads a bit; they must have been saying to themselves, "ooooooh no,,,, not again". You could just see it on Gruden's face.

When the Raiders recovered that ball, I thought the game was over, but oh well. Sucks for you Raider fan.

Maybe so, but,,,

As a Cowboy fan, I have no dog in this hunt, but there was still opportunities to stop New England after that play and during overtime. There was also opportunities for the Raiders to score and win the game in overtime. They just didn't get it done. Perhaps the call by the official was demoralizing and/or got into their heads a bit; they must have been saying to themselves, "ooooooh no,,,, not again". You could just see it on Gruden's face.

When the Raiders recovered that ball, I thought the game was over, but oh well. Sucks for you Raider fan.

Re: Maybe so, but,,,

Originally posted by Bartram

That's what i've been thinking the whole time. They act like the game was over as soon as the refs overturned that call. There was still time on the clock.

The ref made the correct call according to the rules of the game. I thought that he pulled the ball back in, but the "tuck rule" explains it all. The Raiders should have scored more points and their defense should have held the Patriots. They had no defense in that overtime and in the 4th qtr. They were up 13-3 in the early part of the 4th qtr. Brady passed for over 300 yards on them, they can't blamed that call on them losing the game.

I am a Raiders Fan - I agree they should have scored more points. That's the first time in the history of the game the "tuck" rule has been used.

Well my RAMS are on a roll.

Tuck rule = F^(K rule in my book. What is to stop a QB from Pump faking on every play then tucking the ball? That way the QB could run around for 5 minutes and never fumble.

How can you have an incomplete pass when the QB didnt intend to pass?

Anyway by some of you boys reasoning, I guess the refs can do whatever and as long as there is some time left, it isnt their fault. LOL Some of yall have been looking at SWAC officiating too long.

I don't care if ther Raiders blew a 400-0 lead. It still doesn't justify that horrible azz call. And the NFL has the audacity to campaign to explain this "tuck" rule. BULL!!!

That was a fumble. Raiders recovered. It shouldn't have been overturned. That ref wanted to save N. E. and he did.

And I'm a Cowboy fan too. My dog stopped hunting monts ago.

This is the rule according to the NFL Rule Book.

NFL Rule 3 Section 21 Article 2

Note 2: When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Note 3: If the player loses possession of the ball while attempting to recock his arm, it is a fumble.

The ref know he made a bad call - that's why his @@@ ran off the field like a scalded dog. I can only imagine what would have happen to him, if he made the same call in Oakland.

===========
on the other hand - how about the RAMS. Dat boy {Aenesas Williams} from Southern, know he showed out :D

I'll agree that the call was horrible. But that didn't cost the Raiders the game. What cost then them the game, was NOT TAKING THE BALL FIRST IN OVERTIME!!!!!. They won the toss, and chose field position, instead of possession. That was stupid to me. The Raiders had been able to move the ball (although slowly) all game. All they needed was to get into Janikowski's range. But they chose filed position, trying to have the wind at their backs (it shouldn't have mattered). But they should've known that the defense was tiring out. The Pats were moving the ball up and down the field in the 2nd half. The Raiders had no business letting the Pats have the ball in OT.

They lost because they *****ed up the coin toss......

Anywho....Go Steelers!!!!!!!!

How can you say that call didn't cost the Raiders the game??? If the refs don't overturn that call, the Raiders win. Can anyone dispute this??? So, that call cost the Raiders the game.

I didn't see the coin toss. So, I didn't know the Raider won the toss and decided to kick. But if the refs had done their jobs, there wouldn't have been an overtime. Raiders win 13-10.

You didn't have to 'see' the coin toss.

The Raiders won the coin toss, and had the choice of possession or field position. They should've taken possession. I'm saying that field position shouldn't have mattered. Janikowski's got the strongest leg in the league, and even Gruden said after the game that the wind wasn't really a factor. And he admitted that they should've taken the ball first.

The Raiders lost the game because their defense couldn't stop anybody. The Pats took the OT kickoff and went straight down the field. And that's what the Raiders should've done. And with the weather being how it was, you should always want the ball. Always.

Now the call did change the momentum of the game, but the game was really lost in OT. Not by the call. The Raiders proved that when they got the ball back after the Pats had tied it up. Instead of taking a few shots at the endzone, they ran out the clock, waiting for OT. And the fact that they wound up winning the coin toss and they still shose field position and gave up the ball, is ridiculous. They deserved to lose. That was stupid..... You don't give up the ball, on the road, in bad weather. Especially when your defense has allowed the Pats to get back into the game.....

Oh well, it's irrelevant now. I just hope the Raiders enjoy the flowers and candy the Steelers are gonna send 'em this week.

I thought that N.E. won the toss, and the Raiders defended the goal with the wind at their backs.

EB:

I thought N.E. won the coin toss also.

All:

N.E. had no time outs left when the fumble occured. There was about 1:50 left on the clock. Unless the Raiders should have afterwards fumbled the ball if that call had gone their way, they would have run out the clock and won 13-10.

As I said in an earlier post, at best the replay was inconclusive. That being, the play would have stood as called: fumble.

I don't argue that the Raiders had to get over the call and stop N.E. They had their chance. But this game shouldn't have gone to overtime under the circumstances that it occured under.

Regards.

You're mistaken Taylor Made.....

I saw the toss and N.E. won. They chose tails......the crowd cheered when the ref made the call. The raiders took the wind. What coach in their right mind wouldn't take the ball first in OT.

Raider Opportunities.

That's what i've been thinking the whole time. They act like the game was over as soon as the refs overturned that call. There was still time on the clock.

Yep. There hasn't been much sympathy for the Raiders on this one. I really think that call broke their backs. All you heard from the pundits was how this rookie Brady didn't stand a chance against a seasoned Raider club that had been there before. If you are the Raiders, you just can't let this guy light you up in a clutch fashion like that.

That was just BREWTAL for the Raiders and Raider fan.

Back