The Only Way You Should Store Butter, According to Land O'Lakes

Olde Hornet

How Long You Can Safely Leave Butter on the Counter​

The answer is pretty simple. According to Engen, butter should not be left out for more than four hours. While those few hours give it a little more wiggle room than other dairy products, which “the USDA and FDA require to be stored in refrigerated conditions,” Engen says to “always return any unused butter to the refrigerator. Leaving butter unrefrigerated can affect its color and flavor.

I asked if there was any difference between salted, unsalted, or whipped butter when it comes to leaving it unrefrigerated and, to my disappointment, Engen came back with a pretty straightforward nope!

It turns out, she says “the storage of butter at room temperature, no matter what type it is, is not recommended.” Good thing I didn’t wind up making cookies the other day. Those sticks had been out for almost eight hours!

Morehouse College leaders made a celebratory announcement last week that President Biden would be this year’s commencement speaker. But the news was met with anything but celebration by some students, faculty members and alumni of the historically Black men’s college in Atlanta, who condemn Biden’s support for Israel.

An activist group called Faculty and Staff for Justice in Palestine - Georgia issued a statement the next day urging Morehouse to rescind Biden’s invitation to speak in May. The group warned that hosting Biden would alienate donors and prospective students and prompt protests related to the ongoing violence in Gaza.

“As faculty members at academic institutions in and around Atlanta—including Morehouse, Spelman, and Clark Atlanta—we did not see this coming,” the statement read. “This is not the Morehouse College that history has known and that we have come to treasure … President Biden has not demonstrated sensitivity to wrongs, sufferings and injustices. And as the one person on the planet who has the power to stop an active genocide, he has not accepted responsibility for correcting the ills.”

????????????? Who doesn't already know this??
It is trendy not to refrigerate butter

Back