The Drop: A Snowfall Saga


Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
“The Drop: A Snowfall Saga” follows “Snowfall” characters Wanda Bell (Gail Bean) and Leon Simmons (Isaiah John) as they fight to reinvent themselves in ’90s Los Angeles, where the fallout from the crack epidemic is fueling a new game: the rise of West Coast rap.Wanda starts the series driven by the clear belief that West Coast rap has the power to reshape American culture. She will work to put together a ragtag group of geniuses and lead them to the realization of all their dreams. To do it, she must navigate the dangerous overlap of music and street politics, pulling in those closest to her including her cousins Lamar Kinsey (Asante Blackk) and James Kinsey (Peyton Alex Smith), and pursuing volatile local rapper Artillery (Simmie “Buddy” Sims III), who is already in a tangle with law enforcement.Her internship with former D-boy-turned-label-owner Darryl “DG” Grant (Brandon Mychal Smith) creates opportunities but also deepens tensions between Wanda and Leon, who has vowed to leave the streets for good and chase down his own atonement through his free legal clinic.As ambition, loyalty and survival collide, how much is everyone willing to risk in order to build something lasting in a world that threatens to pull them down?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yy_6OaAk3Q
 



Hmmm, even though I enjoyed Snowfall and the evolution of Leon in the series and even Wanda, I haven't made watching this a priority. I'll get to it very soon though as I've heard mostly positive things.
 
Lamar is getting on my nerve. The young man doesn't appreciate the sacrifice and risk everyone else is taking. I guess he's not much different than a lot of young people his age, selfish thinking
 
You're going to catch yourself rooting for Wanda. There is a strong redemption theme within her storyline.
Okay, I’m caught up on the first three episodes. As I got into it, the scene where DG gets beat down kinda threw me off. Even though I didn’t like his energy from the minute I saw him, I still didn’t quite understand what he did that was so bad to warrant getting beaten up and stripped like that.

I was even more confused about Leon coming along with Wanda to bring about a truce. I mean, it was rejected anyway, right? I definitely got a bit lost there.

I’m gonna keep watching, though. Maybe it’s just the language, energy, and street customs of the West Coast that have me a little lost at times. I still think it's a good watch so far. #shrug




 
Lamar is getting on my nerve. The young man doesn't appreciate the sacrifice and risk everyone else is taking. I guess he's not much different than a lot of young people his age, selfish thinking

You would have thought getting caught up in that "CRASH" arrest would have scared him straight.
 
Okay, I’m caught up on the first three episodes. As I got into it, the scene where DG gets beat down kinda threw me off. Even though I didn’t like his energy from the minute I saw him, I still didn’t quite understand what he did that was so bad to warrant getting beaten up and stripped like that.

I was even more confused about Leon coming along with Wanda to bring about a truce. I mean, it was rejected anyway, right? I definitely got a bit lost there.

I’m gonna keep watching, though. Maybe it’s just the language, energy, and street customs of the West Coast that have me a little lost at times. I still think it's a good watch so far. #shrug





He was trying to throw his manhood up against her to show her who's in charge. He didn't know she was running the bloods that was there and she was in charge.

Leon is respected by both the bloods & crips as he was there to help Wanda sign the rapper. He brought the money that was agreed upon earlier. As you saw after they left the restaurant, Leon didn't come alone as he had his boys ready if something bad popped off. They talked her into becoming the rapper's manager and she can get paid that way legally.
 
Man I'm just going to be real. That rap Dora put on Leon would got me too at his age...lol. She went at him like 1974. Pretty Tony from "The Mack" would have been mad all over again.🤣
 
Last edited:



See how these rascals up in here playing it off like that good pressure she spun wouldn't have made them fold?🤣🤣🤣
When I heard her say that I was ready to pack my bags. Had to look around for a second. 😂 Plus her eyes are beautiful 😂
 
Back
Top