Texas Tech & LSU transfer Giles comes home to TSU

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the Texas talent pool is very very large but the talent in that pool quality is not so good. I witnessed this for myself in comparing up-close looks at Texas football high school quality versus an up-close look at Alabama football high school quality.

BAAB805D-5DE2-4CB1-80A1-EF5B9219FFD1.gif

LOL.....That's because large P5 out of state programs are mining the hell out of Texas.

the ones that'll go to Kansas, Iowa State, etc. aren't Big 12 caliber players as they're more AAC players but those states need players so they'll be the lone Power 5 offers and that's why those schools aren't successful year in and year out.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
the Texas talent pool is very very large but the talent in that pool quality is not so good. I witnessed this for myself in comparing up-close looks at Texas football high school quality versus an up-close look at Alabama football high school quality.

lol We will find out what the La-Tex talent is like when PV butts heads w/ Bama St again this fall. We loaded a LOT more talented La-Tex young men.

It's interesting that you didn't put Oklahoma & LSU before you put etc.....but we'll have to agree to disagree

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
same - 2A and 1A ball in Texas ain't the same in Alabama. At Grambling, you had the Frank Warrens and other guys come form smaller classifications and played big roles. The smaller schools in Texas don't produce that talent for some reason but part of it is demographics and location. Basically, once you cross I-45, those small towns don't have the athletes.

same - 2A and 1A ball in Texas ain't the same in Alabama. At Grambling, you had the Frank Warrens and other guys come form smaller classifications and played big roles. The smaller schools in Texas don't produce that talent for some reason but part of it is demographics and location. Basically, once you cross I-45, those small towns don't have the athletes.
1A ball in Texas is 6 Man so year you wouldn't have the same type of athletes. LOL

If you look at the recruit rankings you will see a number of legit small school (3A) players in the top 50 in Texas.

you trying to be technical but you know - if small town ball was legit the SWAC schools would clean up but never have. You would see 1A Southern Lab kids, 3A clinton Kids, 5A Pleasant Grove (7 divisions in Bama) make larger impacts. The towns have "some" talent but not enough to sustain

you trying to be technical but you know - if small town ball was legit the SWAC schools would clean up but never have. You would see 1A Southern Lab kids, 3A clinton Kids, 5A Pleasant Grove (7 divisions in Bama) make larger impacts. The towns have "some" talent but not enough to sustain
How large of a "town" is Newton (under 3k)? Carthage (under 7k)? Those schools have multiple major D1 recruits on a regular basis. But then again this part of the conversation started when Raoul said ALABAMA high school football was better than Texas. YOU brought up Louisiana which was not part of the argument (talent is unquestioned)

Without question, small town Texas football and athletes are legit. If anything, a lot of these big, suburban schools are the ones punching below their weight given the amount of resources they're putting into their programs.

Without question, small town Texas football and athletes are legit. If anything, a lot of these big, suburban schools are the ones punching below their weight given the amount of resources they're putting into their programs.

Again Carthage and Newton are East Texas where the demographics favor athletes. But they may have high level talent from time to time but not enough for SWAC schools to recruit on a yearly basis as the depth isn’t that good. You can get that in other states in the south.

Sam Houston when they went to the Championship game two years in a row had less than 5 players on the team from Houston/Dallas.
The area within the boundaries of I 45, 59, I 10 & I 20 contains enough talent to supply the entire SWAC.

You simply can not restrict yourself to only the African American players. That does even include Southeast, Southwest, West Texas. Northeast & Northwest Texas.

Again Carthage and Newton are East Texas where the demographics favor athletes. But they may have high level talent from time to time but not enough for SWAC schools to recruit on a yearly basis as the depth isn’t that good. You can get that in other states in the south.
So since you're talking demographics... Southern Lab, Clinton, etc also have demographics in their favor. Plus Lab is a private school in a metro area.

Back