Texas Southern at Lamar Game Thread: 6:00pm CT

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
To listen to the Texas Southern Broadcast: click here
To listen to the Lamar Broadcast: click here

Game Time: 6:00pm CT
TV/Stream: ESPN+

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!

The smack policy will be HEAVILY enforced. Ignoring it WILL result in an immediate ban from the sports board WITHOUT notice.

First drive of the game and we drive the ball down Lamar throat. Got cute with 2 and goal at the 2. We ended up with a field goal.

Probably one of the better drives I’ve seen from TSU in years.

He’s fine. This was not on him. We scored a TD on our second to last drive. But that last drive was on the QB. He was looking to run first rather than drive.

Don’t know why we ran that draw on the last drive.
I wish the camera could give us the view of the secondary because it looked like he was scared to throw it all night. Either their secondary was locking down our WRs or he was not reading the defense.

TSU had this game in hand. Typical undisciplined hbcu football gave it away.

TSU's defense walked LU down to the 2 yard line with under 2 minutes to play and the lead. The defense was playing well their was no need to be jumping offsides like that back to back.

I believe this program has been in the toilet so long that they just can't get that L monkey off their backs. This Lamar could have gone a long way in the mental toughness department.

Games given away like this are heartbreaking. I hope they can stick together and keep their confidence high. They may have a chance at success in conference play. A few of the teams in the west look weak. This tsu team could get 5 maybe 6 wins this season.

TSU had this game in hand. Typical undisciplined hbcu football gave it away.

TSU's defense walked LU down to the 2 yard line with under 2 minutes to play and the lead. The defense was playing well their was no need to be jumping offsides like that back to back.

I believe this program has been in the toilet so long that they just can't get that L monkey off their backs. This Lamar could have gone a long way in the mental toughness department.

Games given away like this are heartbreaking. I hope they can stick together and keep their confidence high. They may have a chance at success in conference play. A few of the teams in the west look weak. This tsu team could get 5 maybe 6 wins this season.
Or did they? Why was an unsportsmanlike called mysteriously after a big play stop on 3rd down - all the kid did was tackle and run away - some Lamar folks said one of the offsides wasn't it

Lamar was just as undisciplined so that's typical Southland Football? They've committed 30 penalties the last 3 games

TSU was playing a with short redshirt QB who has to scramble to get out the pocket which increases the holds - they've yet to play with the same triggerman yet this year so that's 3 different cadences and styles - they weren't up tempo week 1 but the last 2 guys you had to go shot gun cause their too short to see in the pocket

I think a lot people are overlooking a certain aspect of this game. I believe the game was lost in the first half. 3 times we came away empty. In most cases when that happens you lose the game.

We played with a 3rd string QB, without one of the top running backs in the state last year, and without the best linebacker in the SWAC. QB3 is not suited for the offense we run. He is 5’7” at best & he could simply not see over Lamar’s D linemen. Our O line at this point are better run blockers that pass blockers.

It is obvious the official huddled at half time as the calls were different in the 2nd half. Lamar left tackle held on 2 big runs by the QB. Two face mask calls were not called on our QB. His headgear was almost ripped off his body.

I assume on unsportsmanlike call our players said something, nothing physical happened.

Never felt comfortable when we left all that money on the table in the first half.

I think a lot people are overlooking a certain aspect of this game. I believe the game was lost in the first half. 3 times we came away empty. In most cases when that happens you lose the game.

We played with a 3rd string QB, without one of the top running backs in the state last year, and without the best linebacker in the SWAC. QB3 is not suited for the offense we run. He is 5’7” at best & he could simply not see over Lamar’s D linemen. Our O line at this point are better run blockers that pass blockers.

It is obvious the official huddled at half time as the calls were different in the 2nd half. Lamar left tackle held on 2 big runs by the QB. Two face mask calls were not called on our QB. His headgear was almost ripped off his body.

I assume on unsportsmanlike call our players said something, nothing physical happened.

Never felt comfortable when we left all that money on the table in the first half.
With all that being said…4th and 8 and two offsides penalties can’t happen to give the other team the first down.

I agree. Those missed field goals in the first half hurt. I never thought I would say this but I am impressed with our team and coaching staff. With the pieces we have missing we held our own against Lamar and the refs at their place. Jordan Davis must have come from one of the Run/Pass Option teams with the emphasis on the run. He would be more suited to a Option offense but you play with the hand you are dealt.

The play calling was good except for that trick play in the first quarter.

Back