Tennessee State vs Jackson State Game Updates: 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Good motivational win for my Tigers. We finally got that OVC monkey off our back. Defense must get with it and get with it fast! No way TSU was suppose to lose this game by only 5

The bye week couldn't have come at a better time. We get to heal some guys up while resting on a well deserved W. Everybody was expecting a defensive battle but got an offensive showcase. We were giving up back to back 2 play drives in the 4th quarter. I know we were missing CJ Holmes back there but no way that should be happening. We got 20 DBs on the roster so get it right. The offense had 2 bad games. The defense had 2 bad games. Special teams had 2 bad games. We need to have it all come together the next time we hit the field

The bye week couldn't have come at a better time. We get to heal some guys up while resting on a well deserved W. Everybody was expecting a defensive battle but got an offensive showcase. We were giving up back to back 2 play drives in the 4th quarter. I know we were missing CJ Holmes back there but no way that should be happening. We got 20 DBs on the roster so get it right. The offense had 2 bad games. The defense had 2 bad games. Special teams had 2 bad games. We need to have it all come together the next time we hit the field

Agreed.

Time for my analysis cause I attended this game...

This game should’ve been over in the third quarter when JSU went up 42-23..... to me , special teams. Special teams, SPECIAL TEAMS if I see one more touch down ran back off kick offs making us have to pouch it high for fair catches I’m going to put my foot in coach or players figurative ass.... we are not sound in that department and we better get sound quick and I mean quick... how close it was at the end is a mark of our defensive coordinator stokes and our oc inexperience and JSU learning how to win with a lead. Near the end Hendricks was yelling at stokes about assignment football and that worries me... JSU has a interesting dynamic at qb where ponders had a clean game... productive... made the right throws, and no mistakes throwing , ok as a runner enough where the mike Linebacker May have to spy .... Jones is athletic and has game changing speed but can’t throw a lick... gents tnsu defense was depleted with injuries ahead and vulnerable for the run. Johnson and Harper had over 200 yards combined running this is the formula to our success is running and gunning ... Johnson got us 140 plus on the ground and that is JSU football ... when we run we’re a different team ... these dbs need to tighten up and quick... should they been playing zone on #3 for tnsu yes because he was torching his matchup all night long but I watch JSU dbs literally not turning around ready to intercept these telegraphed throws we literally dropped two interceptions tonight. Tennessee was making bad throws and our guys need to tighten that up that’s not coaching that’s player awareness of where they are on the field... we need to use this bye to re-establish our defensive identity, get folks healthy, and flush this offensive repertoire out some more. Johnson and Harper should be the feature in this offense. Also this kid Bowie we picked up needs to tighten up and run the correct routes don’t give me pushups cause you ran the wrong route do it correctly! You’re a four star athlete play up to that standard... Hendrick needs to get our team disciplined and quickly... too many ticky tacky penalties... our performance tonight was okay at best for me... the swac is not a joke and JSU needs to put this game in the rear view and get ready for Kentucky state.... we have potential and a important September win but we have a lot of cleaning up too do players and coaches... stokes if you can’t scheme a defense for more than 2 quarters take the headset off and let hendrick call the defense ... oc if we can’t get consistent offisive continuity then give the head set to TC Taylor.... it’s swac time in a few weeks.... I’m not at all satisfied yet because this team isn’t in it’s true form yet, but I’m hopeful because wins are coming even if this was the ugliest win at the expense of Tennessee state., but we’ll have to come correctly all four quarters against the swac to come out victorious... this was okay for J state and only okay. Let’s get it fixed and move to 2-2 in two weeks!

Last edited:
Time for my analysis cause I attended this game...

This game should’ve been over in the third quarter when JSU went up 42-23..... to me , special teams. Special teams, SPECIAL TEAMS if I see one more touch down ran back off kick offs making us have to pouch it high for fair catches I’m going to put my foot in coach or players figurative ass.... we are not sound in that department and we better get sound quick and I mean quick... how close it was at the end is a mark of our defensive coordinator stokes and our oc inexperience and JSU learning how to win with a lead. Near the end Hendricks was yelling at stokes about assignment football and that worries me... JSU has a interesting dynamic at qb where ponders had a clean game... productive... made the right throws, and no mistakes throwing , ok as a runner enough where the mike Linebacker May have to spy .... Jones is athletic and has game changing speed but can’t throw a lick... gents tnsu defense was depleted with injuries ahead and vulnerable for the run. Johnson and Harper had over 200 yards combined running this is the formula to our success is running and gunning ... Johnson got us 140 plus on the ground and that is JSU football ... when we run we’re a different team ... these dbs need to tighten up and quick... should they been playing zone on #3 for tnsu yes because he was torching his matchup all night long but I watch JSU dbs literally not turning around ready to intercept these telegraphed throws we literally dropped two interceptions tonight. Tennessee was making bad throws and our guys need to tighten that up that’s not coaching that’s player awareness of where they are on the field... we need to use this bye to re-establish our defensive identity, get folks healthy, and flush this offensive repertoire out some more. Johnson and Harper should be the feature in this offense. Also this kid Bowie we picked up needs to tighten up and run the correct routes don’t give me pushups cause you ran the wrong route do it correctly! You’re a four star athlete play up to that standard... Hendrick needs to get our team disciplined and quickly... too many ticky tacky penalties... our performance tonight was okay at best for me... the swac is not a joke and JSU needs to put this game in the rear view and get ready for Kentucky state.... we have potential and a important September win but we have a lot of cleaning up too do players and coaches... stokes if you can’t scheme a defense for more than 2 quarters take the headset off and let hendrick call the defense ... oc if we can’t get consistent offisive continuity then give the head set to TC Taylor.... it’s swac time in a few weeks.... I’m not at all satisfied yet because this team isn’t in it’s true form yet, but I’m hopeful because wins are coming even if this was the ugliest win at the expense of Tennessee state., but we’ll have to come correctly all four quarters against the swac to come out victorious... this was okay for J state and only okay. Let’s get it fixed and move to 2-2 in two weeks!
Couldn’t have said it better. I’m sitting in the stands like literally turn around and you have a pick six. Ponder played better than expected. Jones taking off first chance he get lol. It was ugly but it’s a win that we needed. We was having barbershop talk and I said this game is must win for Jackson State to help keep the morale high. Defense did kind of disappoint me. I think they got too comfortable towards the end. We got the win so hopefully they rest and beat Kentucky to start the season.

Those guys will be fine. Weve literally been on the road traveling 3 weeks in a row against teams who are known for being physical. The guys are tired. Add the injury and banged up aspect and that's what you get. The bye week could not have came at a better time. 2 weeks ago we would have lost this game. The BCU game is a prime example where we totally dominated the opponent and still lost. We are exactly where we need to be if we are going to contend in the swac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back