SWAC schools aren't recruiting Houston well, a MEAC school is impressing folks

T

The Panther Fan

All I got to say if what I heard tonight is true, then we are in trouble.

I've never met this guy before but he says a lot of Houston kids (black school kids) are impressed with HAMPTON

Joe Taylor's background and their faciilties are helping them making their recruiting choice a little easier.

One kid Gram. was looking at is talking about heading that way now. And that kid is a big time recruit. TIf he is telling the truth, we will be raped by a MEAC school.

BUT.....I did hear that one local SWAC Texas school offered a Scholarship to a Madison kid. The offer is on the table.

Originally posted by The Panther Fan

I've never met this guy before but he says a lot of Houston kids (black school kids) are impressed with HAMPTON

Joe Taylor's background and their faciilties are helping them making their recruiting choice a little easier.

I have not heard this story. But there is a word that stands out in my mind, facilities. Good facilities can help in the recruiting process.

First of all, Hampton has the best looking campus of any HBCU in the country so they will always have recruiting power. Their stadium isn't all that spectacular but give him just one view of their "home by the sea" and a kid will be hooked. Also, unlike most 1-AA schools they have a large recruiting budget so they can venture out to Texas and woo some of these players. Last year Taylor brought in a bunch of kids from the midwest region who came in and contributed immediately.

As a whole, most of the MEAC schools have slowly begun to upgrade their facilities and campuses, so that should continue to help with recruiting efforts all across the board.

I know personally that A&T's new facilites helped us lure the top JUCO running back in the country last year and we already signed the best wide receiver in the state last week.

Right now, it's just survival of the fittest.

Hampton has the best looking campus? WTF!??!?! I've been to Hampton and I terrrrrrribly disagree with that. Are we talking about the grass or the buildings? lol

My question to you unknown is which campus do you think is better than Hampton?

Seriously, of all the HBCU's I have seen, and that includes all the SWAC schools and the larger MEAC schools, Hampton hands down had the nicest overall campus. With Alcorn running a very close second. They have a nice mix of old histoic building with new state of the art facilities...and beingby the sea and that marina is tight.

Alcorn and its landscape, plus the water ways is a sticking point too.

Unkown is talking just to hear himself speak.

I don't know anyone who has been to Hampton that has not come away impressed.

I must agree with the peeps about Hampton. I have been to MANY colleges before and Hampton is the most beautiful I have seen with Tenn State a close second, and AAMU in third. I have yet to see Alcorn or PV, but I heard both of them are beautiful also.

DAHILL

I agree - Hampton, TN State, A&M, FAMU.

I hate to say it but some of the HBCU's in Atlanta is a disgrace.

Well I will give Alcorn its props being that I haven't visited that many campuses that have truly impressed me. JSU will be in that rank once the multimillion dollar face lift is complete. It probably will not look the same.... JSU is turning the campus into a "pedestrian mall" if you have seen the landscaping and overall campus plan then you know what I'm talking about...other than that just wait. By the way... the ghettos and run down housing surrounding the campus are disappearing fast......it would be nice if all campus could upgrade and cleanup the areas surrounding the campus.

Now AAMU this is not a smack but why do u think your campus is all that. Now at night I will admit..the campus looks like a small city with the lights and all and that is nice...but rolling through campus during the day does that night scene no justice.... maybe i was on the wrong campus... a lot of land but a lot needs fixing just like at any other school but please do not glorify AAMU like that.

H,

Now I agree with you about the school's here in ATL..one would expect more.

Between the schools, I will give Spelman #1, CAU#2, and Mhouse#3 and Mo Brown(does not deserve to be ranked).

Out of all the schools, CAU and Spelman are the only ones that seem to be expanding their campuses and trying to do things to make things better... but just like at any school, most would be nicer if they were not surrounded by the ghettoes and if students would take care of the campuses more. No matter how much a school puts forth effort to upgrade and maintain, you will find the students to come in and tear up everything that was just built or fixed... They do not seem to appreciate anything. just my .02

Originally posted by bluphiiijsu
Well I will give Alcorn its props being that I haven't visited that many campuses that have truly impressed me. JSU will be in that rank once the multimillion dollar face lift is complete. It probably will not look the same.... JSU is turning the campus into a "pedestrian mall" if you have seen the landscaping and overall campus plan then you know what I'm talking about...other than that just wait. By the way... the ghettos and run down housing surrounding the campus are disappearing fast......it would be nice if all campus could upgrade and cleanup the areas surrounding the campus.

Now AAMU this is not a smack but why do u think your campus is all that. Now at night I will admit..the campus looks like a small city with the lights and all and that is nice...but rolling through campus during the day does that night scene no justice.... maybe i was on the wrong campus... a lot of land but a lot needs fixing just like at any other school but please do not glorify AAMU like that.

Dont take my word for it... everybody that I have taken to AAMU has said it was one of the most beautiful campus' they have seen. There are only 2 buildings at AAMU that need work and last time I was home both were being renovated. Other than that I see no problem....Have you seen the new student apartments on campus? Construction has started on a new school of engineering and library. There is no way in hell you can compare Jackson State to AAMU. AAMU is one of the VERY FEW Black colleges that are in the city but not surrounded by the ghetto or bad neighboorhoods.

Back