SWAC Players selected in the XFL Draft

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was watching his Instagram live earlier. He has a genuine spirit and I'm rooting for him.

I hope he takes back that BMW ... if you ain't making BMW money, you don't need it. Save as much as you can sir

Day 1 of the XFL Draft

SWAC
4th round Brandon Barnes
6th round Montrel Meander
7th round Martez Carter
8th round Anthony Stubbs

Other HBCUs
1st round Deji Olatoye (A&T)
2nd round Demetrius Rhaney (TSU)
3rd round C.J. Moore (NCCU)
5th round Khari Lee (Bowie State)
10th round Justin Evans (SCSU)
10th round Anthony Morris (TSU)

Here is the draft pool that the 8 teams get to choose from (1,000)

Quite a number of SWAC players on this list (which shows in the amount of HBCU players that got drafted)

The name that sticks out to me are Kincaid and Sean Brown (former Valley lineman who just missed the final cut in the AAF)

The NFL took some things from the XFl before that doesn't get acknowledged that much

This Team 9 concept definitely is a concept that the NFL needs to adopt

I'm cool with it because of the number of HBCU players in the Player Pool that could stay in pro football

The XFL will be training players and keeping them in shape as part of what they are calling Team 9. It is if an unfortunate injury may occur, and a spot will be needed to be filled quickly. We reported on the XFL’s Team 9 three months ago, but we now have more details.

XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck was in attendance at a recent XFL Summer Showcase event and revealed more about the unique concept called Team 9. There will be a team of 35-40 players covering all positions that a football team requires. Teams Nines sole purpose is keeping players trained and in shape if a player from an active roster suffers an unfortunate injury, which would then mean that a player from Team 9 will replace that injured player.

I was watching his Instagram live earlier. He has a genuine spirit and I'm rooting for him.

I hope he takes back that BMW ... if you ain't making BMW money, you don't need it. Save as much as you can sir
BMW's are trash. He probably bought it at a "Buy Here, Pay Here" place for little or nothing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back