SWAC.....I can't figure you out

Lewis said:
I feel that the SWAC was Miss, LA, and Texas. First, Ala State joined then recently AAMU. When they joined, it should have been clear then where the swac is based.

If all that made such a difference, then why did all those states tell the SWAC to gotohell when LA kicked the SWAC out after the lease terminated? What did NO or the state of LA do to show the SWAC that it wanted it to remain in LA? I can tell what they did...NOTADAMNEDTHANG!!

That is all.

AAMU Alum said:
If all that made such a difference, then why did all those states tell the SWAC to gotohell when LA kicked the SWAC out after the lease terminated? What did NO or the state of LA do to show the SWAC that it wanted it to remain in LA? I can tell what they did...NOTADAMNEDTHANG!!

That is all.

AA, it is important that we continue to stress Dr. Franks did a lot of great things for the SWAC, but they must understand the business side of the SWAC. Also, SU thought they were the best tailgaters and thought those faded t-shirts were it until Bama North showed up. It is going to take another three years for Lewis to understand that tailgating must be done by real tailgaters rather than those who look over in the parking lot and see other tailgating. When I was in Jacksonville this weekend one proud SU Alum starting talking about all those RVs that rolled into Huntsville when we played SU. I asked him where did he park his and he didn't have one. It is not about what use to be but it is the now and future. I don't believe the average football fan can sit still for a baseball game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No offense meant but if A&M is the future of the SWAC then we are DOOOMED!

Between the two state school you have about two conference titles in in a combine 27 yrs. not one National title between the two of you in about two centuries.

Brother you guys are really fooling yourself if you think that you're anything more then a steppin stone to jump start our new commish bigger picure.

I mean lets face it, why else would a tournament be held in a place where they have to hold church services in the hope that they'll get a crowd and then after getting that crowd give the tickets all away for free to keep them there?

Than turn around and hold the next tournament in the same city where neither state school has even shown a remote posibility of competing in the finals. Being the future of the SWAC has nothing to do with it, but be cheap and "FREE" does and you can't get any cheaper then free.

bluedog said:
No offense meant but if A&M is the future of the SWAC then we are DOOOMED!

Between the two state school you have about two conference titles in in a combine 27 yrs. not one National title between the two of you in about two centuries.

Brother you guys are really fooling yourself if you think that you're anything more then a steppin stone to jump start our new commish bigger picure.

I mean lets face it, why else would a tournament be held in a place wher they have to hold church services in the hope that they'll get a crowd and then after getting that crowd give the tickets all away for free to keep them there?

Than turn around and hold the next tournament in the same city where neither state school has even shown a remote posibility of competing in the finals. Being the future of the SWAC has nothing to do with it, but be cheap and "FREE" does and you can't get any cheaper then free.

bluedog, it is the Bamas who are the ones who does not get emotional about issues raised about where games are played. Question for you because I know the answer, but do you think the SWAC Office can operate off the membership fee paid by each schoold. Now if the answer to that question is yes then games can be played anywhere. It is not an AAMU thing but it is about support in terms of dollars that is important. Each SWAC school has always done what is best for them and never had to worry about the commissioner, but if we are to move as a conference, don't you think that we as fans must first change our opinions. Do you think if the SWAC Office held a two day conference for fans for the purpose of educating our fans we would have a better appreciation for what is going on. This is a business.

MightyDog said:
bluedog, it is the Bamas who are the ones who does not get emotional about issues raised about where games are played.

I STOP READING WRIT HUR!!!!

Question for you, Do you know that you had 23 home games with a total attendence record last year of 1,133 that average out to be 49 fans a game?

bluedog said:
I STOP READING WRIT HUR!!!!

Question for you, Do you know that you had 23 home games with a total attendence record last year of 1,133 that average out to be 49 fans a game?

And that is our fault, not a fault of the SWAC Office. I could increase the count if we eliminate the cold days that fans did not show up.

MightyDog said:
And that is our fault, not a fault of the SWAC Office. I could increase the count if we eliminate the cold days that fans did not show up.

MD I know you actually think you're making a point so I'll yield and just say.......ok.

Lewis said:
I feel that the SWAC was Miss, LA, and Texas. First, Ala State joined then recently AAMU. When they joined, it should have been clear then where the swac is based. If they didn't want to come here, they shouldn't have joined. It just shows how incompetent our leadership is, the only way they can make things work is to take free handouts from a place no one wants to damn go (no wonder it's free). Sometimes, free ain't worth it.

Finally, I really don't care how many bama folks showed up, we ain't been in the swac all these years to put us 5 hours out of the way to make stuff convenient for them. If bama folks got so much love for the swac, let them drive and prove it.
Man, y'all got some serious issues. Does the root of all this hate even have anything to do with A&M anymore? Do you all have any idea how idiotic y'all sound?

Tigerpride said:
Why do you all think AAMU is worth hating???

um...well..um...nope..but really no school's athletic program is worth hating...because only 12-15 athletic departments turn a profit and run in the black. If any programs are to be hated...it should be those handful of athletic departments...

I don't know what MH was thinking..but when SU played Alcorn on the yard for the conference men's basketball title...it was a very good crowd...So you mean to tell me if Bama State and J-State played in the gump for the conference title, the Acadome wouldn't be sewed up??

Tigerpride said:
Why do you all think AAMU is worth hating???

Because we are one of the new big three. Remember when you all alleged that everybody hated the former big three.

bluedog, on 30 April when we play Alabama State, I know our numbers will go up, but we will not make a dime on the game because nobody is going to pay to see baseball.

Back