SWAC Championship Race

We do, their feet are wet now. If you notice TSU scored on 2 of the first 3 drives. They barely had 60 yards the 2nd half. After we adjusted to what they were doing we shut them down, with our reserves.
You just refuse to give them folks props 😆. They don't have a good offense so shutting them down in the 2nd half isn't saying much. What happened offensively. I mean y'all got like 28 WRs, 25 OL, 33 RBs, and 15 QBs that could start anywhere in the Swac. You couldn't score once? Something ain't adding up lol

You just refuse to give them folks props 😆. They don't have a good offense so shutting them down in the 2nd half isn't saying much. What happened offensively. I mean y'all got like 28 WRs, 25 OL, 33 RBs, and 15 QBs that could start anywhere in the Swac. You couldn't score once? Something ain't adding up lol
Again, we had self inflicted issues. It was our fault.

Last edited:
Jsu vs. Su for the championship if Alcorn doesn't come strong on defense.
Yes, JSU has the depth, but they also have the coaching. Bama state gave a bit of a challenge on that end but it didn't last offensively and JSU adjusted.
If you cannot stop Shadeur or pass on JSU then you won't win. Even IF you got onto a scoring war with them (fatigue is real but they have depth), they've been coached very well for our level of play. They'd beat or give Incarnate Word a good 4 quarters and they'd beat North Texas or even UofH or give them a great close game.

Jsu vs. Su for the championship if Alcorn doesn't come strong on defense.
Yes, JSU has the depth, but they also have the coaching. Bama state gave a bit of a challenge on that end but it didn't last offensively and JSU adjusted.
If you cannot stop Shadeur or pass on JSU then you won't win. Even IF you got onto a scoring war with them (fatigue is real but they have depth), they've been coached very well for our level of play. They'd beat or give Incarnate Word a good 4 quarters and they'd beat North Texas or even UofH or give them a great close game.
We will see how it plays out. Southern has to play JSU and FAMU back to back weeks on the road. If Alcorn plays a complete game they are easily the best team in the West. PV sitting pretty, very pretty.

These are just my personal thoughts as of now. Valley, Bama State, Grambling, UAPB, and TX Southern are done this year. I think they have all put themselves in to big of a hole to climb out of this year.

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

We do, their feet are wet now. If you notice TSU scored on 2 of the first 3 drives. They barely had 60 yards the 2nd half. After we adjusted to what they were doing we shut them down, with our reserves.

I think that was more Because our OC took the foot off the gas.

Understood. JSU just has a lot of depth on both sides of the ball. That's what makes them hard to beat.
Exactly . I’ve noticed every game that’s why they start to pull off in second half is because opposing teams be wearing down while jsu steady rotating guys in.

The Bama State Game - It is not just the depth of JSU, it's the mental game that you will have to over achieve. The adjustments in the mental game is impeccable. To me Bama State had the perfect game plan. Showed shedeur multiple fronts, disguised the coverages, laid some licks on shedeur, and frustrated him for most of the game. On offense Bama State displayed a ball control offense, ran the ball, short passes, and deep passes when needed. However, the JSU offensive and defensive coordinators do a great job of adjusting to whatever advantage you had on the previous play. In addition, the JSU depth took its toll in the 4th quarter. If the opposing team cannot score 21 points, it will be extremely difficult to achieve a victory.

The Bama State Game - It is not just the depth of JSU, it's the mental game that you will have to over achieve. The adjustments in the mental game is impeccable. To me Bama State had the perfect game plan. Showed shedeur multiple fronts, disguised the coverages, laid some licks on shedeur, and frustrated him for most of the game. On offense Bama State displayed a ball control offense, ran the ball, short passes, and deep passes when needed. However, the JSU offensive and defensive coordinators do a great job of adjusting to whatever advantage you had on the previous play. In addition, the JSU depth took its toll in the 4th quarter. If the opposing team cannot score 21 points, it will be extremely difficult to achieve a victory.
I still say our depth and conditioning are key factors.

I have yet to see any JSU players laying on the Ground or fatigued. These cats have played in mostly early hot games and folks aint checking out. While all the other teams have had multiple players falling out or carted off. Either they fatigued or stalling our offense when it gets rolling. I know some of its stalling. SMH

Back