SWAC Baseball Tourney 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

THAMES

Who will win it all?

G-Men ... Can we get an instant replay from last year?

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNlmFRvqaFo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNlmFRvqaFo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not sure why but I would like to see Alabama State when a couple of games. May be it will make commishcup interesting

There are no upsets in game one....everybody will throw their ace most likely

I would still call them upsets. A number 4 beating a number 1 is a upset. In this conference its really no reward for being #1 seed in the tournament formats. Probably why the number 1 team especially in basketball havent won much. I think there should be a bye to reward the #1 teams from each divisions.

usa today,

IMO, that would be a mistake against Valley. You should not try to save pitchers in the first game of the tourney. I know Valley is suppose to have players setting out because of a fight, but I wouldn't trust that. The key is to stay in the winners bracket.

The Alcorn Braves will play Texas Southern in the third game of the first day of the 2011 Swac Baseball Touranament. The game can be heard on WPRL.ORG. All Braves contest throughout the tournament can be heard on WPRL.ORG.

usa today,

IMO, that would be a mistake against Valley. You should not try to save pitchers in the first game of the tourney. I know Valley is suppose to have players setting out because of a fight, but I wouldn't trust that. The key is to stay in the winners bracket.

True, but sometimes you have to take risk if you dont feel comfortable with your other pitchers. One thing for SUre if Gram was playing JSU, they would have to pitch their #1. That why the SWAC Office should have made Valley and Alcorn play.

usa today,

From what I'm hearing Turner will pitch the first game. He opened in last years tournament. He's a nice pitcher so we should be fine.

Valley always has a legit #1 so that would be a mistake not to go 1 for 1

In 2004, Valley didn't throw their ace against TSU in round 1 and it backfired big time....

In the SWAC, it's common for a No. 4 to win in game one....its happened the past few years...that's why I don't call upsets

In 2004, Valley didn't throw their ace against TSU in round 1 and it backfired big time....

In the SWAC, it's common for a No. 4 to win in game one....its happened the past few years...that's why I don't call upsets
Plenty of teams in the past havent thrown their #1 and got away with it. While some have pitched down and got burned. I guest it depends of the matchup.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I'm sure the coach knows best. Turner, the 2010 Swac Tournament MVP is no slouch. He opened last year.

I will be present on Friday afternoon and Saturday. Unfortunately, I can't make the other days this year.

It would be wise to throw your #1 starter in the first game. Not just to matchup #1 vs #1 but you can bring him back on three days rest for the Championship game on Sunday. It should be a very competitive tournament this year.

The G-Men practicing in Shreveport:

x2_61bc190

The G-Men practicing in Shreveport:

x2_61bc190

The grass still looks dead in areas like last year's tournament. Great venue, but that was embarassing to see on ESPNU as a representation for the SWAC. They should prepare the field better for the tournament.

It would be wise to throw your #1 starter in the first game. Not just to matchup #1 vs #1 but you can bring him back on three days rest for the Championship game on Sunday. It should be a very competitive tournament this year.

Good point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back