SU's PETE DEMANDS BETTER FACILITIES

The issues that Pete has are very valid and TruBluJag you must understand that the other construction projects on campus has nothing to do with athletics. The score board project was funded by private funds through Corporate Sponsorship which includes Mumford Stadium, F.G. Clark Activity Center, Lee-Hines Field and the Marquee on Scenic Highway. The monies that are being used for the construction of the Baseball Stadium, Weather-Proofing of A. W. Mumford Stadium and the renovation of the F.G. Clark Activity Center are from Capital Outlay Funds approved by the Board of Regents some years ago and finally came to the forefront to get the projects underway. There is no additional state funds available to construct new additions to athletic venues because SU and LSU athletic departments budgets are based upon self-generated funds. The improvements in the F.G. Clark Activity Center in referance to the dressing rooms and shower are because Title IX. But, for all parties information the football field project wil get started in mid to late April and will be ready for the season opener and the West Side Stadium construction be get started late June and will be completed by the 2004 football season. These projects will be funded by private funds. Football at Southern University is the only real self-generated sport on campus and has to support the other 16 sport programs and in January 2003 will also have to support Women Soccer which season get started in the Fall of 2003.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No...we are looking to improve our coaching staff. We dont need a guy that cant beat Hughes and barely goes .500 with a D2 schedule.

Naaaaa....you can keep him.

Originally posted by DRShelly
But, for all parties information the football field project wil get started in mid to late April and will be ready for the season opener and the West Side Stadium construction be get started late June and will be completed by the 2004 football season.

What exactly will you guys be doing to the field? Is new drainage being put in???

The entire field will come up and a new drainage system will be install. The field will be one of the finest football fields in the country when the work is completed. It will be a nature turf grass
field.

Originally posted by Get Ready
No...we are looking to improve our coaching staff. We dont need a guy that cant beat Hughes and barely goes .500 with a D2 schedule.

Naaaaa....you can keep him.

:rolleyes:

You don't fool me GR. Just letting you know that. By the way if we had played a D-2 schedule we would have had a better record. Tulane, NW State, Nicholls, JSU all in the first month of the season. Nothing D-2 about that. You see GR you get so hung up on one game. So we played Miles. Grambling played Langston. But still beat JSU arse. So get off's Pete's back. Now that you fired the only man in the SWAC to have any consistent success against Pete. We will start beating the ish out of JSU just like the previous 5 wins before JSU won the last 3. Which only one of them was a true azz whooping I might add. Even Big Daddy couldn't beat SU with any regularity. Poor man had of lived you guys would have fired him too. There were rumblings even then. Now go tell that truth. The fact is that your AD sucks and he is about to hire his partner and you will be on here pissed next year.

Remember one thing Hughes could do of late is beat SU. But oh well yall fired him cause he could beat anybody else. And for the last time get off people's schedules. Just win the games you schedule. Don't worry about no one else. Seems to me folks with these D-2 Schedules find a way to beat JSU. See Bama State, NC A&T, GSU. We played one D-2 team and you claim our schedule was weak. SMH at GR spinning his web of deceit. Maybe you and Culberson are kin.:idea:

I was in a conversation and the statement was made that if AAMU can come into the SWAC with all that we had then there is no reason for us to accept nothing less. This is no smack, but I have talked to many individuals about how did we get it done. I know individuals who have visited AAMU since joining the SWAC are very impressed with what we have done and is applying pressure back home to get some things done. I am amazed at some of the things I hear and see. Some time ago Earle and I discussed budgets and he said SU had the largest budget in the SWAC, but I said we don't consider a budget as long as coaches get what they want.

Pete famous words are you guys are spending money at AAMU. Now what does that mean.

Back