SUNO talks of Merger with UNO

tomcat1

The Baton Rouge advocate has an article in today's paper discussing a possible merger of Southern New Orleans merging w/ Univ of New Orleans and Delagado Comm. College. It sounds like Mason's plan is working. He probablly called his contacts in New Orleans and they are hard at work merging Southern. IF they don't watch it he will try to merge SUBR w/ LSU and SU-Shevreport w/ LSU S. Look at Southernites. Mason is the DEVIL

The Baton Rouge advocate has an article in today's paper discussing a possible merger of Southern New Orleans merging w/ Univ of New Orleans and Delagado Comm. College. It sounds like Mason's plan is working. He probablly called his contacts in New Orleans and they are hard at work merging Southern. IF they don't watch it he will try to merge SUBR w/ LSU and SU-Shevreport w/ LSU S. Look at Southernites. Mason is the DEVIL

I have seen this bounced around for a while now.
I doubt seriously if MASON had anything to do with this. :lecture:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

OK "Tomcat" the respect that I had for your postings before is gone after this posting. Why?

:tdown: 1. The headline that you wrote in the subject box is incorrect. Don't know what you are alluding to or if you just have horrible comprehension skills, but your header is misleading and does not match the content of the story.

:tdown: 2. These statements here: "It sounds like Mason's plan is working" and "IF they don't watch it he will try to merge SUBR w/ LSU and SU-Shevreport w/ LSU S." - doesn't make sense. Mason is JSU's president in Mississippi and if you take note of the coverage in your state you will take note that Mason did not have plans to merge the HBCUs with predominately white schools - it was to merge the three HBCUs.

:tdown: 3. The subject of the story is concern from SUNO students in regard to a plan from Southern officials in lending over campus space to Delgado and a partnership with UNO.

:tdown: 4. Where is the Website moderator on these crazy posts? There should be a difference between what's factual and what's not! This posting is just plain wrong - and borders on country colored folk gossip. I thought that's why we have the smack board separated from everything else!

I understand there is such a thing as school rivalry, but this sambo hating nonsense that you posted "Tomcat" is ridiculous. It's one thing to post jokes on the smack board, but it's another thing when you post false facts as if it's the truth just to make another school look bad.

Get your facts together and check your hating azz - negro!

OK "Tomcat" the respect that I had for your postings before is gone after this posting. Why?

:tdown: 1. The headline that you wrote in the subject box is incorrect. Don't know what you are alluding to or if you just have horrible comprehension skills, but your header is misleading and does not match the content of the story.

:tdown: 2. These statements here: "It sounds like Mason's plan is working" and "IF they don't watch it he will try to merge SUBR w/ LSU and SU-Shevreport w/ LSU S." - doesn't make sense. Mason is JSU's president in Mississippi and if you take note of the coverage in your state you will take note that Mason did not have plans to merge the HBCUs with predominately white schools - it was to merge the three HBCUs.

:tdown: 3. The subject of the story is concern from SUNO students in regard to a plan from Southern officials in lending over campus space to Delgado and a partnership with UNO.

:tdown: 4. Where is the Website moderator on these crazy posts? There should be a difference between what's factual and what's not! This posting is just plain wrong - and borders on country colored folk gossip. I thought that's why we have the smack board separated from everything else!

I understand there is such a thing as school rivalry, but this sambo hating nonsense that you posted "Tomcat" is ridiculous. It's one thing to post jokes on the smack board, but it's another thing when you post false facts as if it's the truth just to make another school look bad.

Okay, I was going along with you fine until you said this up here....:lmao: :whine::lol::D

lack of knowledge = ignorance

Although I don't agree with Tom Cats view, I can't figure out why black folks have such hate for other black folks view, yet when it comes to white people saying something racist, yall will justify it with "We do the same thing". Folks are entitled to their views whether you share or not.

Thank you CEE DOG, these cats got their panties all in a bunch about something I said, DAMN, take it like u want. Ya'll act like I'm the moderator here. My post always cause u clowns to get in an uproar. We need some excitment around here.

Although I don't agree with Tom Cats view, I can't figure out why black folks have such hate for other black folks view, yet when it comes to white people saying something racist, yall will justify it with "We do the same thing". Folks are entitled to their views whether you share or not.

CEE DOG, you need to practice what you preach! :winkgrin:

CONFLICT –ROMANS 16:17

There are many kinds of troublemakers in our lives-----
People, circumstances, accidents; sometimes we make trouble for ourselves.
We need to decide when troublemakers are worth our time and effort.
If you fight this troublemaker and win, what have you accomplished?
But if you simply avoid troublemakers-----both internal and external------
you may save yourself from pointless conflict.

Much conflict in this world is little more than a game of pride,
people wanting to win for the sake of winning.

But what if we don’t play in the first place?
We save ourselves stress and anger, lost time,
hurt feelings, and broken relationships.

Those who are wise avoid conflicts that have no helpful purpose.

3-Authors –Father, Son & Holy Spirit

Where is the link for this article?

CONFLICT –ROMANS 16:17

There are many kinds of troublemakers in our lives-----
People, circumstances, accidents; sometimes we make trouble for ourselves.
We need to decide when troublemakers are worth our time and effort.
If you fight this troublemaker and win, what have you accomplished?
But if you simply avoid troublemakers-----both internal and external------
you may save yourself from pointless conflict.

Much conflict in this world is little more than a game of pride,
people wanting to win for the sake of winning.

But what if we don’t play in the first place?
We save ourselves stress and anger, lost time,
hurt feelings, and broken relationships.

Those who are wise avoid conflicts that have no helpful purpose.

3-Authors –Father, Son & Holy Spirit

And I like that up there....:nod:

CEE DOG - I see we need to start checking some of these degrees at the door. Come and walk with me through Harris Hall for a second.

That was not a "view/opinion" that Tomcat posted - he presented a distorted "fact." And distorted facts are the reasons at times why things get mislead and misinterpreted by "black folk."

Tomcat knew exactly what he was doing. He did not post the link to the story but yet put out a "sweeping" header and paraphrased some sentences that were not true and presented the information as if it were "fact."

There is no SUNO merger. There are no talks between SUNO and UNO. And Mason has nothing to do with SU - for now.

The difference you may ask between a fact and a view/opinion? A "fact" is something that is true and can be supported by evidence while a "view/opinion" is a belief that may or may not be backed up with some type of evidence.

A "view/opinion" is usually a statement that can be the result of an emotion or an individual interpretation of a "fact" - in this case coming from an idiot like Tomcat! :lecture:

:tup: Thanks for posting the link jag4life!

Damn, brother,

I bet your blood pressure is sky high. Don't talk about checking degrees, didn't you go to SU, remember the state department of LA is still checking those fraudalent degrees that many su folk bought. My sister works down there, don't make me call her and check your credentials. CALM YO NERVES. I didn't mean to get you all upset.:):)

CEE DOG - I see we need to start checking some of these degrees at the door. Come and walk with me through Harris Hall for a second.

That was not a "view/opinion" that Tomcat posted - he presented a distorted "fact." And distorted facts are the reasons at times why things get mislead and misinterpreted by "black folk."

Tomcat knew exactly what he was doing. He did not post the link to the story but yet put out a "sweeping" header and paraphrased some sentences that were not true and presented the information as if it were "fact."

There is no SUNO merger. There are no talks between SUNO and UNO. And Mason has nothing to do with SU - for now.

The difference you may ask between a fact and a view/opinion? A "fact" is something that is true and can be supported by evidence while a "view/opinion" is a belief that may or may not be backed up with some type of evidence.

A "view/opinion" is usually a statement that can be the result of an emotion or an individual interpretation of a "fact" - in this case coming from an idiot like Tomcat! :lecture:

:tup: Thanks for posting the link jag4life!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Damn, brother,

I bet your blood pressure is sky high. Don't talk about checking degrees, didn't you go to SU, remember the state department of LA is still checking those fraudalent degrees that many su folk bought. My sister works down there, don't make me call her and check your credentials. CALM YO NERVES. I didn't mean to get you all upset.:):)

Yeah you a trouble maker for sure Tomcat! We need to keep a close eye :retard: on you – real close! You're that special needs kid that sits in the back of the class that starts stuff and nobody realizes it until it's too late - ever heard of the movie The Omen? Check the kid out! :lol:

By the way, I'm quite territorial when it comes to SU - don't know if you've picked up on that! :D

UNO beeeeeeeeeeennnn trying to get SUNO under their unbrella...just like they been trying to charter a lot of new orleans public schools...eventually they did succeed at that.
SUNO is basically only a few street lights from UNO and right across from UNO's lakefront arena...

With the budget cuts with higher ed....this may be UNO's biggest push for this...being an SU grad I would not like to see this.... but honestly it seems like SU in shreveport gets more support and funds than SUNO.....(This may not be true...but it do seem like it)

Back