su LOGIC 101

As for Delvin Lewis, it good you have confidence in him because obviously Pete doesn't. He throws about 2 passes his way each game.

Lewis was second receiving yards on the team:
Hayes 80 rec.....1248 yds......avg 16.5.....15TDs
Lewis....37 rec.....654 yds.......avg 17.7.......4TDs
Joubert..51 rec.....576 yds........avg 11.3......3TDs

Anderson 64 rec.......1020.......avg.15.9.....11TDs
Washington 45 rec......547........avg.12.2.....5 TDs
Spears...........20rec.......465.......avg.23.3.....3TDs

Looking at those stats look like Lewis received the ball just about as much as Washington, but did more with it. Keep in mind Washington played one more game then Lewis.

You don't have caution me about hating because I am not. I am not the one calling some one a Jailbird. I am giving my opinion. You need to be talking to your fellow Cartel member. Why someone would purposely get on hear and make false statements to hurt a kid? That is hating.

Here's another one for whom it concerns:

HAYES WILL BE DRAFTED IN THE FIRST ROUND, YOUR "BOY" DID NOT!

I'll bet the next 8 straight Bayou Classics on that one baby!

Originally posted by PAPAJAG

Lewis was second receiving yards on the team:
Hayes 80 rec.....1248 yds......avg 16.5.....15TDs
Lewis....37 rec.....654 yds.......avg 17.7.......4TDs
Joubert..51 rec.....576 yds........avg 11.3......3TDs

Anderson 64 rec.......1020.......avg.15.9.....11TDs
Washington 45 rec......547........avg.12.2.....5 TDs
Spears...........20rec.......465.......avg.23.3.....3TDs

Looking at those stats look like Lewis received the ball just about as much as Washington, but did more with it. Keep in mind Washington played one more game then Lewis.

You don't have caution me about hating because I am not. I am not the one calling some one a Jailbird. I am giving my opinion. You need to be talking to your fellow Cartel member. Why someone would purposely get on hear and make false statements to hurt a kid? That is hating.

PapaJag it's the same thing with the series record lie, lie

Just so that you will not be misinformed, neither Levi Washington nor Scotty Anderson played against PVU. I feel it's safe to assume that would have been additional receptions for both of them.

We can debate all day about this, but it's really a moot point. You will continue to have your player preference and so will I.

I wish Michael Hayes well, but it's not a guarantee that he will be a first round draft pick. There's no arguing his numbers, but the scouts look at intangibles such as speed, work ethics, and separation speed. With his size and past production, he should be drafted high! Let's hope that is the case...

Yeah, what Mike Bigg said. There's also a little thing that the scouts value called route running. This is what really separates Morris from Hayes, and is the reason Morris has been the most complete receiver in the SWAC since Rice. He ran excellent come-back, post, and fade routes, which was the icing on the cake as far as the scouts were concerned. The next most complete receiver during this period had to be Torrance Small from Alcorn.

(BTW, I'm not saying this as JSU fan. If Hayes showed the total package I'd gladly give him the nod, in part to his combination of size and speed-- but he ain't the total package.) Also, this head-to-head matchup talk is nonsense. What do two players' stats against two different defenses/ defensive schemes have to do with each player's value? This isn't basketball, you know.

All those routes you mention that Morris is good at, Hayes is as well. I will add that Hayes runs superb slants and out routes. Also, Hayes is a good blocker. He doesn't have blazing speed but neither do Morris. Hayes has exhibit enough speed to get separation from defenders and is such a physical present that most DBs are overmatched. I don't know what you consider the total package, but Hayes has enough tools to be an exceptional receiver even in the NFL.

I believe it is true that in Big Games great players make Big Plays. They become the difference makers in big games. That is why I rate Hayes over Morris. Hayes has delivered when going against top teams. Morris never was a difference maker in games against SU in four years. He was for lack of a better term MIA most of the times. I believe time will prove me right once Hayes in the NFL.

Originally posted by PAPAJAG
I believe it is true that in Big Games great players make Big Plays. They become the difference makers in big games. That is why I rate Hayes over Morris. Hayes has delivered when going against top teams. Morris never was a difference maker in games against SU in four years. He was for lack of a better term MIA most of the times. I believe time will prove me right once Hayes in the NFL.

To the Cartel, Mafia, and rest,

This is an example of what we will be hearing all year long from the Nation...typical su logic. You got to remember, SUcks is not in this position very often. The last quality WR that came out of SU was Harold Carmichael - about 30 years ago. Did you hear me...30 years.

So be prepared to hear crazy isht like this. Hayes is the best since Jerry Rice. Hayes will be the 1st pick in the draft. Hayes can run routes better than anyone in the SWAC. Hayes will be the next comissioner of the SWAC.

Just be prepared....its gonna be a long season. This is something that doesn't happen that much for SUcks.

For someone to say that SUperior has not had a "quality" receiver for 30 years is totally misinformed. How do you define quality? I think that anybody that was good enough to don an NFL uniform is "quality". Get your JAGUAR facts straight.

Here are some examples:

Isaac Hagins-Tampa Bay Buccaneers

George Farmer-Los Angeles Rams

Willie Brister-New York Jets

Get your facts straight son before you try to smack!

Originally posted by JAGWAR
For someone to say that SUperior has not had a "quality" receiver for 30 years is totally misinformed. How do you define quality? I think that anybody that was good enough to don an NFL uniform is "quality". Get your JAGUAR facts straight.

Here are some examples:

DAMN YOUR GOOD:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by JAGWAR
I think that anybody that was good enough to don an NFL uniform is "quality".

Yep, that Gino Torretta(sp) was a quality player. He wore a NFL uniform. And even managed to win a heisman trophy. :rolleyes:

For someone to say that SUperior has not had a "quality" receiver for 30 years is totally misinformed.

Here are some examples:

Who the hell is Issac Hagins?

Who the hell is George Farmer?

Who the hell is Wille Brister ?

At least give us the names of people who we know. You know, people who actually played? Players who had an impact on the teams they played for.

How dare you all insult the great Harold Carmichael like this by throwing in the names of spare WRs to go along with his.

SMH @ su Logic :confused:

Ask Duh, Duh, Doug Williams who Isaac Hagins was......

Or were you just an EMBRYO when he played for Tampa Bay also?

Thats just the point, I shouldn't have to ask anyone who any of the those spares are. If I got to ask, then it means they weren't worth mentioning in the first place.

Like I said before, you haven't produced a decent WR since Harold Carmichael.

This is S _ D !!!! :(

Like they say in the NOLA.......

" It ain't where ya been, it's where ya at......."

Bg,

Bruh, these fools just don't understand......... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BgJag
how many players has Gram put in the NFL in the last five years????

Hard to tell, its been a few. I don't know the exact numbers. But what does it have to do with the WR you have sent to the league?

Man this Cat SAME Ol GARBAGE talks like he attends Notre Dame, Michigan, are some where...Grumbling ain't got nobody in the NFL wrecking shop...You talk as if at least 1 player gets drafted every year from GRUMBLING....Dude get real...You must be on that fiya arse shhh...

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

Hard to tell, its been a few. I don't know the exact numbers. But what does it have to do with the WR you have sent to the league?

You mentioned how long ago it been since we sent a WR to the NFL, I just want to know how long ago until resent you sent anybody to the NFL!

Well BG, if you must know.

We have only had one player drafted in the last 5 years. And quite a few who signed in free agency. So I can't give you a complete number.

Since you know so much about Greatness, maybe you can tell me. Educate me. It won't change anything about your WR situation, but if it makes you feel good...

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Well BG, if you must know.

We have only had one player drafted in the last 5 years. And quite a few who signed in free agency. So I can't give you a complete number.

Since you know so much about Greatness, maybe you can tell me. Educate me. It won't change anything about your WR situation, but if it makes you feel good...

Not true, I don't know nor heard anything about greatness....that's why I asked. From all my reading, television watching, and sports radio I can't remember the last time any of those medium mentioned greatness, hence the question was asked. You have educated me on greatness. I feel better now. Carry on.

Back