Sports Illustrated Is Doing a Story on the JSU-SU Game....

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
One of my friends flew in from Virginia for the big SU-JSU game this weekend. He sat next to a Writer for Sports Illustrated on the plane. The guy is doing a story on the JSU-SU game for an upcoming edition of Sports Illustrated. The story is about the Black College Football game day expreience. I got a chance to meet the guy during the 5th quarter. He talked to a few of us who were out on the field listening to the bands. He wanted to know what the bands playing after the game was all about. It should be a nice piece. I'll have to find out exactly what issue this will be in, but they couldn't have picked a better matchup for such a story.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
He definitely chose the right game. I was just telling my coworker that the game was one of the most charged-up games I have been to in a while.

He sure did choose the best game in BCF, NT. Let us know once you find out about the issue.

Thanks for sharing. :tup:

It's a shame that they have posters going around giving low star ratings out of pure envy, but hey do what you do best.

Originally posted by bluedog
It's a shame that they have posters going around giving low star ratings out of pure envy, but hey do what you do best.

Isn't it though, bluedog. :shame: I was wondering why this thread was even rated. Not like it's a contender for HOF. Some folks can't help themselves.

:smh:

Keep your eyes open for what MBC does also. They stay with SU a couple of weeks against AAMU ago taping everything including the 5th Quarter. When I inquired, the guy stated they were not live, but taping. He was curious about the 5th Quarter blowing also. He really thought it was cool. I had never thought about it, but he questioned why the huge crowd didn't cheer after each song or at least some of them. I guess he is thinking about how we go to a club or a concert and will cheer after or during songs. Certainly, it was obvious the crowd was impressed due to the attention they gave them and from the oooohhhhs and aaaaahhhhhs from time to time.

But, keep your eyes open for how they use that also.

Thanks for the heads up on the SI article.

See that Drumline movie has been a positive for what has been a value to HBCUs for years.

Peace!!!

I called Sports Illustrated today. The story will be in the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED on Campus Issue. It should be out in Mid-November.

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
I called Sports Illustrated today. The story will be in the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED on Campus Issue. It should be out in Mid-November.

Good looking out, NT!

Just thank Dr. Gregg

for turning down Drumline.

Another reason why the ICON is the Best known HBCU on the Planet.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good looking out ZNS.

:D

Re: Just thank Dr. Gregg

Originally posted by CATMENDUE2

Another reason why the ICON is the Best known HBCU on the Planet.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good looking out ZNS.

Doc was right. I wouldn't do trash either. Who produced it - Arabesque Films? All of the bands in the lil' film were garbage.
:vomit:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Just thank Dr. Gregg

Originally posted by CATMENDUE2

Good looking out ZNS.

I like how they just showed a quick clip of that sad band in the movie. :lmao:

Back