Southern vs Texas Southern Game Updates: 4:00pm CT

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
To listen to the Southern Broadcast: click here
To listen to the Texas Southern Broadcast: click here

Game Time: 4:00pm CT
TV/Stream: None

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!
The smack policy will be HEAVILY enforced. Ignoring it WILL result in an immediate ban from the sports board WITHOUT notice.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yes this game looks empty as expected. The interest of this game has steadily dropped since 2018. And in 2018 the attendance was still low to me giving the heavy promotion. To me it's clear the DFW will only embrace the State Fair Classic featuring PV and Grambling.

It's much wiser to have this game in Houston and Baton Rouge where more alumni, fans, and spectators will come out.

Yes this game looks empty as expected. The interest of this game has steadily dropped since 2018. And in 2018 the attendance was still low to me giving the heavy promotion. To me it's clear the DFW will only embrace the State Fair Classic featuring PV and Grambling.

It's much wiser to have this game in Houston and Baton Rouge where more alumni, fans, and spectators will come out.
I agree

I think they have another year on this contract

I think they have another year on this contract
Nobody will show up next year either. The best year was it's first (2018) and that was less than 15K in a big city with over 1 million blacks in the metro (no bueno).

Like I said the only HBCU game North Texas care about is Grambling vs PV which been there for like 30 years. This game has potential but now isn't the time ... they should try this again with 2 winning and respected programs.

Last edited:
Nobody will show up next year either. The best year was it's first (2018) and that was less than 15K.

Like I said the only HBCU game North Texas care about is Grambling vs PV which been there for like 30 years. This game has potential but now isn't the time ... they should try this again with 2 winning and respected programs.
Is this game being televised?

Nobody will show up next year either. The best year was it's first (2018) and that was less than 15K.

With those 2 teams playing but the State Fair Classic has been there since 1925 (Wiley vs Langston). PVAMU has been in it since 1929.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back