Southern Miss Football Preview

THAMES

JSU FANS. Here is an early preview of what is expected from Southern Miss this year according to www.southerncollegesports.com

SOUTHERN MISS
Probable Wins Jackson St, Memphis, Army, UAB, Tulane, East Carolina
Probable Losses Alabama
Toss-Ups Illinois, South Florida, Cincinnati, TCU, Louisville
Returning Starters Offense: 8?..Defense: 9
Projected Record 8-4 / 6-2
Official Site www.SouthernMiss.com
Southern Mississippi has also been one of the conference?s most consistent teams as of late. Although the Golden Eagles missed out on the postseason in 2001, their record (6-5 / 4-3) was not bad. Seventeen starters return to Hattiesburg this season, eight offensive and nine defensive. The non-conference schedule is probably the conference?s toughest, with a home game against Big Ten-member Illinois as well as trips to Alabama and South Florida. There doesn?t appear to be a game on the USM schedule they can?t win (as usual). I expect the Golden Eagles to pull a couple upsets along the way but also lose a game or two they shouldn?t. That all adds up to a good, but not great, season for USM, but I do expect them to challenge for the conference championship.

With 8 starters returning on offense and 9 on defense, it's probably going to be a long day for you Blue Tigers.

Is it just me...

...or has JSU QB Robert Kent become overrated(?}) by S&S, and underrated by that USM football preview?:confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back