Somebody is biting...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And we thought a certain HBCU had the first bass drum on wheels.

bigbertha_flexcontent.jpg

I wondered where a certain HBCU got those spray painted military style helmet liners from. The same type Purdue's big bass drum crew wears.

1574209220576.png

This drum ain't that big to be put on wheels and need someone to pull it like those shown above.

48825269817_37a5b2a286.jpg

That's because the schools (Purdue and Texas) designed and built the drums themselves. You just can't walk in or order a bass drum that size in a music store. If a certain HBCU could utilize the resources at hand, maybe they could make a massive drum as well. It's called INGENUITY.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spAhzdj80Ew

Last edited:
The crazy thing, I never seen why people is so crazy of Gramblings Concert Bass because it isn't even close to the size of Purdues lol. As far as double time cadence i'm not surprised so much from HBCU's are from Big Ten Bands. That is no secret, even step two drills, circle drills, etc. If you don't know your history you are destined to repeat it.

The crazy thing, I never seen why people is so crazy of Gramblings Concert Bass because it isn't even close to the size of Purdues lol. As far as double time cadence i'm not surprised so much from HBCU's are from Big Ten Bands. That is no secret, even step two drills, circle drills, etc. If you don't know your history you are destined to repeat it.
But which HBCU uses that specific cadence? I listened to Grambling and that wasn't the one they march into the field with

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just because it's a marching doesn't mean it lacks concert band aspects. It's a reason that Grambling uses, it's not just for show.

I guess there is nothing like listening to concert music at a football game. BAMA does play the theme from the Phantom of the Opera in-between plays.

Last edited:

*cough human pukebox*

Back