Singer Aaliyah killed in plane crash

Ahhhh Man...

Man... I don't know why; but I feel really, really bad about this. :-(

I remember when she came to Southern for a concert.....
Man...

My prayers are with Aaliyah's family, loved ones, and the family & loved ones of the other victims.

May God bless your souls....
mdf41891.jpg

<embed src="http://attach5.egroups.com/group/hot42g2/attach/3308433/5/gs-330=84=3308433/10-1-10-154/audio=mpeg/missinyou.mp3" autostart=true loop=true>
<h3>We'll be missing you...</h3>

Truly a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families. Aaliyah will definitely be missed. Such a beautiful young lady with loads of talent taken at such a young age. WOW!!!

We'll miss you babygirl

This came as a total shock to me. It's still hard to believe that she's gone. My heart goes out to her family as well as the other victim's families. We'll miss you!!!!!!!!!

This was really a shocker.....

People up here in Detroit are really taking it hard. Yesterday the radio stations were playing her songs back to back. They are having candlelight vigils at the high school school she attended here.

Just goes to show life is short, so live each day to the fullest.

1crysad.gif

A phone call woke me up Sunday, and the caller shared this very said news with me. My prayers go up for all who were on the plane with Aaliyah and their families.

This disturbs me, and reminds me that life is too short. :(

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Yes, we are all shocked and sadden by this news. I was waking up in the middle of the night just as they were announcing it. I wasn't sure what they were saying until I saw "1979-2001". I just knew this couldn't be. I don't know why, but I can picture the scene of the crash, the fire, the possible fear.

My prayers go to each family. God doesn't make mistakes. Her journey here on earth was complete, no matter how we look at it. She will certainly be missed.
1crysad.gif

Gone too soon

I'm so devastated by this news....God bless the families of all the victims.

R.I.P Aaliyah
:bawling: :( :bawling:

R.I.P. Baby Girl

Quit posting all these tears, you all are making me sad. My prayers go out to all of the victims and their families. :bawling:

LIKE A COMET
BLAZING 'CROSS THE EVENING SKY
GONE TO SOON

LIKE A RAINBOW
FADING IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE
GONE TO SOON

SHINY AND SPARKLY
AND SPLENDIDLY BRIGHT
HERE ONE DAY
GONE ONE NIGHT

LIKE A SUNSET
DYING WITH THE RISING OF THE MOON
GONE TO SOON
GONE TO SOON

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I thought this was sweet!!!

Tommorow

When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not there to see
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say

I know how much you love me
As much as I love you
And each time that you think of me
I know you'll miss me too
But when tomorrow starts without me
Please try to understand
That an angel came and called my name
And took me by the hand
And said my place was ready
In heaven far above
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love

But when I walked through heaven's gates
I felt so much at home
When God looked down and smiled at me
From His great golden throne
He said "This is eternity
And all I've promised you"
Today for life on earth is past
But here it starts anew
I promise no tomorrow
For today will always last
And since each day's the same way
There's no longing for the past
So when tomorrow starts without me
Don't think we're far apart
For every time you think of me
I'm right here in your heart

This poem was inspired by Aaliyah and written
by a friend in return for the many things she gave him.

AALIYAH'S MAIN PAGE

sAD rEaL sAd

Damn,thats real sad to see a pretty sexy loving female pass away on earth and that real sad. Aaliyah had talent and always have that pretty smile and lovely personality for a brother to get with. But thats messed up how she had to go away from this earth. Very sad, she had a lot of talnet and put out some classic hits, No Doubt. But he pretty face and lovely personality will be never forgot for us brothers and sister who kept up with her throught time. But may she Rest In Peace...She would be missed by man and lovin fans all over the nation. One!!

R.I.P.
:(
Aaliyah
(Pretty Face and Lovely Personaliy will never be forgot and also a legend of R&B of all time. She will be missed by many. But The Legend Will Never Die!!!)

:bawling: :bawling:

Man I didn't find out about this until yesterday at band practice. I was hoping that it was just a rumor or something. I was looking at the news hoping that it was just a rumor.
When someone confirmed that it was true, I was in (and quite frankly still) shock!! I was hoping that this was a bad dream or something that I would wake up from. When I got up this morning, I immediately turned to BET and the first thing I saw was they were having a tribute her on 106 & Park today.
And she was just on there Thursday (I think that was the day) to give away a Cadillac Escalade and $10,000. The next day or so, she's gone!! I'm sorry but I am taking this kind of hard considering the fact that I only knew her through her music.

<b>R.I.P. Aaliyah!! We will miss you!!! We know that you are in a better place and that God is enjoying your looks, personality, and your voice!!</b>

:bawling: :bawling:

Tragedy

:bawling: :( :bawling:

Hubby and I were in Baton Rouge during the weekend and we first heard the news while getting dressed in our hotel room. I didn't believe it until CNN aired a report a few minuted later. This is a sad loss for alot of young kids who looked up to her, those of us who have enjoyed her music for years, but especially those that knew her as a person. My heart goes out to her family and friends, as well as the family and friends of the other people lost in the crash.

This is just a reminder that youth is not immortality. Make every day count!

-Astrya

I feel you!

I was too was on my way back from a wedding in Baton Rouge with friends. We were riding down the interstate and heard a news brief saying "What you've heard is true...Aaliyah and her crew are dead. NO survivors.

I just immediately stopped the complaining, joking and laughing we were doing and started praying...for their family and friends, then for my family and friends thanking God for my blessings and praying that God would ease the pain of all their loveones. Made me immediately think about how I'd feel it I lost one of my loveones all of a sudden, that day...that hour...that minute. :(

Love & tell your loveones you love them every chance you get.
2nd chances are not guaranteed. Cherish your friends and thank God every chance you get.

Back