Should 15 year old be tried as adult

NastyNupe,

Man, I can't believe you are wavering on this one. I still remember how you wanted to throw the book at "Baby Manson". LOL

I'm sorry, but I have trouble with the actions of the brother. Sure, he was a freightened kid after it happened, but he's a damn liar too. To actually say it was a drive by shooter and delay the paramedics getting access to help his dying brother is crazy. Then he lied about the gun.

Just may have been acting and not really thinking about the ramifications of his actions.

Sad case

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The book needs to be thrown at Cain too. But I think a decision needs to be made on the cut off limit for juvys being tried as adults.

he may be wavering..

...but I for dayum sure am not!!!

Lock his arse up. Now he wants to be the sweet innocent big brother? Man please. he was adult enough to pull that trigger, create a lie about what happend, buy the gun, fire the gun prior to this incident, hide the gun from police when he knew what he had done was wrong, buy th egun in thr first place, lie about how he got the gun too. And I am in no way about to buy that isht about him lying because he was afraid of what his mother was gonna do if she found out what happened.....was he afraid of what she would do if she knew he had a gun? Funny that fear of his mom didn't come until afterhe killed his brother.

I say lock his arse up. Now if they come back with the manslaughter charge, I can live with that. But he should still be sentenced just like any other grown man would. He wants to act like a grown man, then he needs to suffer the consequences of his actions like a grown arse man.

I get so tired of people making excuses! I know accidents happen. But he didn't accidentaly point the gun at this brothers head.....and that bull about the gun dropping and firing? Man I have several guns and none of them are that fragile.

At first I was gon' say that I cold deal with this....but after reading the rest of the story....Uhhh, he is out of chances. The judge gave him a chance to go on with his life when he turned 18, but he is involved in a hit and run accident...then he leaves the scene. So the judge gives him 90 days in jail and still another chance to go on with his life...but this fool smokes marijuana...violation of probation. Now in March when he could be well on his way in school somewhere...he may have to go back for the original 22 years.... Now, I say ..lock him up.

"The Verdict

On Dec. 15, 2000, the jury of eight men and four women took less than two hours to find Hardin not guilty of intentional murder, but guilty of wanton murder. The panel also convicted the teen of possession of a handgun by a minor.

....After listening to testimony during the sentencing phase from several witnesses, including Hardin's parents, the jury recommended a 22-year sentence for murder and an additional one-year term for the possession conviction.

..."I want to say that I'm sorry for what happened, and I do believe that people do deserve a second chance," Hardin said as he addressed the court. "I'm sorry about what happened. I know it was a horrible crime . . . my brother was everything to me."

"Don't nobody know how I feel, not one person . .. I live with the nightmares, the dreams, going to sleep crying, waking up crying . . . can't nobody feel like that, only me."

...."

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
At first I was gon' say that I cold deal with this....but after reading the rest of the story....Uhhh, he is out of chances. The judge gave him a chance to go on with his life when he turned 18, but he is involved in a hit and run accident...then he leaves the scene. So the judge gives him 90 days in jail and still another chance to go on with his life...but this fool smokes marijuana...violation of probation. Now in March when he could be well on his way in school somewhere...he may have to go back for the original 22 years.... Now, I say ..lock him up.

"The Verdict

On Dec. 15, 2000, the jury of eight men and four women took less than two hours to find Hardin not guilty of intentional murder, but guilty of wanton murder. The panel also convicted the teen of possession of a handgun by a minor.

....After listening to testimony during the sentencing phase from several witnesses, including Hardin's parents, the jury recommended a 22-year sentence for murder and an additional one-year term for the possession conviction.

..."I want to say that I'm sorry for what happened, and I do believe that people do deserve a second chance," Hardin said as he addressed the court. "I'm sorry about what happened. I know it was a horrible crime . . . my brother was everything to me."

"Don't nobody know how I feel, not one person . .. I live with the nightmares, the dreams, going to sleep crying, waking up crying . . . can't nobody feel like that, only me."

...."

Co-sign.

Well I have tried over 50 Juvenile cases, and there is no way in the hell that this kid should not be tried as an adult. You mean he pulled out a gun and shot a human being to death and you and yall want to give him juvenile probation? SMH.

Back