Shooting at the HS across the freeway from my son's HS at Timberview HS Arlington, Texas

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
My son is gone home now and ole boy turned himself in, he's in a lot of deep deep trouble. He would do time just for having the gun at a school but he go and shoot multiple people smh He knew a black guy in a silver Charger wouldn't get far in Arlington so he turned himself in, He's 18 so he's going to real people jail and being so young he will have some issues in jail

View: https://twitter.com/MSAdvocate2001/status/1445823839611482120?s=20

It's lame to call him a "coward" honestly. The kid had been attacked by the dude on multiple occasions..and also robbed by him... all while folks recorded and didn't do shit. I wouldn't have done it in the class but he would've been got after school was over. Let me guess though, yall would've just taken it i'm guessing. Aint seen one comment about the bully but plenty about the kid that shot him. That bully shit is over with these days... guns are too easily accessible. You'd best be making sure your kids aren't the ones doing the bullying.

It's lame to call him a "coward" honestly. The kid had been attacked by the dude on multiple occasions..and also robbed by him... all while folks recorded and didn't do shit. I wouldn't have done it in the class but he would've been got after school was over. Let me guess though, yall would've just taken it i'm guessing. Aint seen one comment about the bully but plenty about the kid that shot him. That bully shit is over with these days... guns are too easily accessible. You'd best be making sure your kids aren't the ones doing the bullying.

Yep, my son told me the kid that got shot was one of the brothers that was picking on the 18 year old, as a teen I think the kid just wanted them to stop and being in gun happy Texas he had access to the gun. If his family reported the bullying like my son told me, then seems like MISD will be liable also

Yeah I told my wife when it first hit the news to be very careful on taking sides in this one. Black kids don’t shoot up schools. There has to be more to the story. I said at the time that I would not be surprised if he was being bullied. After I actually saw the “fight,” it leaned that way. That kid wasn’t fighting.

Last edited:
If the kid reported the bullying and the school did not do anything-someone will be writing a check.

It is REQUIRED that you report any bullying a kid tells you about. In some places that is a FIREABLE offense.

I'm gonna wait for more facts but I'm sideyeing alot of what the family of the shooter has been saying. I'm not buying it.

You can side eye it but the students confirm exactly the fact that the dude had been being bullied. A bully ended up with a buck fifty across the face when we were in the 7th grade for continually trying a smaller kid on the bus. I ain't saying it was me that did the slicing but... teach ya kids to leave folks alone because you just never know... just like no one suspects me of carrying now. What NO ONE knew was the fact that I knew exactly where all my pops guns were and could've done some wild shit. Either way, point got made.

You can side eye it but the students confirm exactly the fact that the dude had been being bullied. A bully ended up with a buck fifty across the face when we were in the 7th grade for continually trying a smaller kid on the bus. I ain't saying it was me that did the slicing but... teach ya kids to leave folks alone because you just never know... just like no one suspects me of carrying now. What NO ONE knew was the fact that I knew exactly where all my pops guns were and could've done some wild shit. Either way, point got made.
My son said that the kids are saying the family of brothers were picking on the shooter and taking his money. The family supposedly reported it. I can believe the school didn't do anything because I saw it happen to another kid, the schools have a lot going and they claim bullying is high priority but in practice it isn't. My wife was a teacher and I learned that in rare cases teachers bully other teachers. In the right environment people bully people it's unfortunate but it happens.

I heard the kid was bullied also. We lived in Mansfield, Texas before moving back to Maryland last year. Some of the people that I know that have kids there say the kid was bullied. I hate that he had to use a gun to protect himself. He reported that he had been bullied to to teachers.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back