Sha'Carri Richardson, the next Flo-Jo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Don't let the next round of PED testing bring us all right back here, though. Ijs...Blessing Okagbare got exposed for it. These things don't happen in a vacuum. Flo Jo mastered relaxing and stride effectiveness and it resulted in an almost Teflon WR. I hope Thomspon is clean and I believe she is. WR are meant to be broken. It improves the science of the sport. Sprinting is actually NOT something that is more natural than taught. The motor skills are very very real and specific to get to this level when you(women) start running below 11.3 and for men below 10.12.

21yr olds are young. The bones in their skulls aren't even fused yet. Idk why plenty of yall are so keen to jump on Sha'Carri though as if she's this horrible person or athlete. Yeah she's a bit ignant...but yall make it seem like she hurt YA'LL personally or sumn. Lol Elaine Thompson has her own issues with ignance. It isnt seen as much because well...how many of yall follow Jamaican or even broad west Indian news?

On Richardson, not happy, mad or disappointed in her 9th place and post race interview. That's her career not mine.

What I am giving opinion on is funny how we give a 21 year old in different scenarios.

Some people will say at that age you are a grown man/woman but based on what they say or do if you riding with them it's they're still a child cut them some slack. Lol

@lilC, don't waste your time going back and forth with these people. Their minds are made up. I don't think this debate is about Sha'Carri.

And why do I say that, well, go back to the thread The Olympics 2021 and read posts #39, 48, 50, 51, 52, 53, 57, and 60. Their minds are made up, and nothing you or I can say is gonna change that. And to be honest, I can see their point. But to me, they are "throwing the baby out with the bath water". (Shut up @Herbert77060 , ain't nobody talking to you. 🤣 )

Don't let the next round of PED testing bring us all right back here, though. Ijs...Blessing Okagbare got exposed for it. These things don't happen in a vacuum. Flo Jo mastered relaxing and stride effectiveness and it resulted in an almost Teflon WR. I hope Thomspon is clean and I believe she is. WR are meant to be broken. It improves the science of the sport. Sprinting is actually NOT something that is more natural than taught. The motor skills are very very real and specific to get to this level when you(women) start running below 11.3 and for men below 10.12.
LMAO!

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Girl, stop it.!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
On Richardson, not happy, mad or disappointed in her 9th place and post race interview. That's her career not mine.

What I am giving opinion on is funny how we give a 21 year old in different scenarios.

Some people will say at that age you are a grown man/woman but based on what they say or do if you riding with them it's they're still a child cut them some slack. Lol

Well, I will make this point before this thread gets closed. Richardson is a diamond in the rough. Lord knows she need some polishing.

There's a very good break down on youtube by experts based on the film, her strength, training, etc. What she did was not superhuman and not enhanced and very possible without heavy lifting on the weights like alot of today's sprinters since she didn't weigh all that much.

It is funny you put Elaine Thompson on a pedestal when a lot of her countrymen don't. Her fellow Jamaican athletes don't particularly care for her. She is not easy to get along with. I didn't know this. I found this out in 2019 when I went to World Track and Field Championships in Doha, Qatar. There was a lady on the tour with us from Jamaica, and she told me the reason why. Because she has tattoos, and piercings. and they don't like the way she dress, and she has a very abrasive personality. I was like wow!!
She has camera appeal, would you not agree?

Did you listen to her post-game interviews? Remarkably mature and intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back